Happy New Years!

To me, nothing says Dropping Iron like a fully loaded B-52. This GB seems like the perfect opportunity to use my Cutting Edge B-52G conversion sets & decals, so I plan to build B-52G 57-6492 "Old Crow Express" as she appeared in 1991 supporting ODS from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

I debated using the Italeri/AMT B-52G kit, but since I want the bomb bay open and flaps lowered, it seems easier to convert the Monogram kit to a G than it does to open up the Italeri.

Here's what I'll be working with:

DSC01247.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jonah

Here's my progress so far. Instead of starting with the cockpit, I've started with the aft wheel well and will work my way forward from there.

DSC01248.jpg

Hi Jonah,

I'm sorry to say, I don't see your pictures.

What are you planing to arm your B-52 with?

/Bosse

Sorry you don't see the pictures, everything looks ok on this end.

I'm thinking I'll do Mk82s in the bay, and CBU-87s externally. I've still got plenty of time to change my mind, though :whistle:

Thanks for looking,

Jonah

Here's today's progress:

Some more detail in the aft gear well, mostly on the rear bulkhead

DSC01253.jpg

Started on the bomb bay

DSC01255.jpg

Nice details in the interior? Has the model raised or recesed panel lines?

Primož

Panel lines are raised, though I'm going to attempt rescribing.

Jonah

• 2 weeks later...
Bumpin this one back up! Anymore progress on the BUFF?

RYAN.

Some progress, it's been a busy week at work. I've done some work on the bomb bay ceiling, and up front I've made cuts for the crew entry hatch and cutout the fuselage around the provided cooling intakes, in preparation for replacing them with scratchbuilt intakes & vents that are more representative of what's found on the B-52G/H.

I'll get some pictures up this weekend.

Thanks!

Jonah

Hey Jonah I have some pic's of the wheel well if you like to see them here they are.

Thanks, I don't think its possible for me to have too much reference.

Great scratch work, that wheel well looks awesome :thumbsup: Are those Archers rivets?

mason

Mason,

Those are indeed the Archer rivets, this is the first project I've tried them on. There will be quite a few applications for them on this model I think, in the wheel wells, bomb bay, and on some external stiffener plates.

Thanks,

Jonah

Today I worked on the vents & scoops on the forward fuselage; I think it's best to get those finished up before I do too much else on the bomb bay & wheel wells. The replacement piece hasn't been cemented in, it's just wedged in there for the photo. Still got a little bit of work to do before I cement it in.

This picture isn't the best, but you get the idea of what I did.

DSC01274.jpg

Also visible is the opening cut for the crew entry hatch.

Thanks,

Jonah

Been working on the main landing gear struts, I'm building the torque links and the steering pistons from evergreen. I'll get some pictures up in the next day or so.

There are a ton of reference photos in this thread, started by yours truly

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....al+don%27t+tell

Lots of great info there; thanks for posting.

Jonah

• 2 weeks later...