"Where is the kit of....."

<------------------

<--------------------------

<----------------------------------PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IN ANY LARGE SCALE

<--------------------------

<------------------

Since everyone else is chipping in......

I'd buy a CARTON of 24th scale Staggerwings in a heartbeat. (Come on Wingnut Wings, this offer would extend to 1/32nd scale if YOU FOLKS made it!!)

I know there's the old ITC kit kicking around in several boxings, and i've tried buying a few on evil bay to no avail, Darn you Evilbay!!!

My last top of the pile was a Grumman Widgeon. I have a few Airfix kits, then joy of joys, Pavla released one in 72nd, so a few of those went into the stash, but one of the greatest days EVER happened when Classic Airframes released their's in 48th. Sofar ONLY 4 of them have made it into the stash (at full retail price no less), but i'll need more to do all the different engined Civillian ones!

Is it windy yet?- Spot on on all your points.

Some of us ARE actually sickos who actually BUY (and occasionally build, but for the model company bean counters, the BUYING part is the most important) these kits, and it's simply a case of, if YOU want these more unusual kits, then YOU put your money where your mouth is. Model companies are just that. COMPANIES. For them to survive, they need people to buy their models, This isn't Magic Happy fairy land where everything is payed for with smiles, happiness and gumdrops.

If you want a kit of an INTERESTING aeroplane (No offense to messerspit and f-1whatever types, but i doubt you're reading this thread anyway) you're going to have to put some work in. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Tamiya to treat us to a Heston Pheonix (stunningly beautiful 30's private plane, Google it) any time soon, but one of our czech friends may. At the end of the day, if you are SO desperate for a particulay type of aeroplane you'll go to whatever lengths (AND pay what they ask) to have that kit, whether that means Scratchbuild, Converting, or (Heaven forbid) building a limited run kit.

Moral of the story; Sure you NEED a kit of a particular aeroplane, but when BrandX manufacturer goes under because YOU didn't buy the kit YOU begged, pleaded and stomped your feet for because it wasn't a shake and bake kit, then it's YOU who is condemming us all to a life of Hasegawa ME-109 and F-16 reissues.

Buy up, or shut up. If you're not willing to put your hard earned on the table, then let those of us who ARE, decide which kit's are made!

Sorry for the rant. having done a career in sales, I'm still amazed that people are not able to grasp the simple concept of, 'you pays your money, the product comes. you DON'T handover your money, no product'.

Denzil

(who has his set of D-17S plans scaled all the way to 24th!)

Edited by DDC
If you wan't a kit of an INTERESTING aeroplane (No offense to messerspit and f-1whatever types, but i doubt you're reading this thread anyway) you're going to have to put some work in. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for Tamiya to treat us to a Heston Pheonix (stunningly beautiful 30's private plane, Google it) any time soon, but one of our czech friends may. At the end of the day, if you are SO desperate for a particulay type of aeroplane you'll go to whatever lengths (AND pay what they ask) to have that kit, whether that means Scratchbuild, Converting, or (Heaven forbid) building a limited run kit.

Moral of the story; Sure you NEED a kit of a particular aeroplane, but when BrandX manufacturer goes under because YOU didn't buy the kit YOU begged, pleaded and stomped your feet for because it wasn't a shake and bake kit, then it's YOU who is condemming us all to a life of Hasegawa ME-109 and F-16 reissues.

Classic Airframes for example.

Now those were some interesting kits!

I would like to see 1/48 S2F Tracker, C-1A COD and WF-1 Tracer. I think these would sell due to the amount of countries that operated them(at least the S2F would), plus all the companies that use them now a fire-bombers. As you can see I'm a little biased toward the Tracker family. I got the chance to be in a C-1A few years back when they were doing an engine run up. Oh the sound of those round motors.

A 1/48 Tracker is long overdue indeed. Hopefully MPM's will come thtough. I need two of them for my Dutch Navy collection. It should be a worldwide seller given the number of different operators.

Cheers,

Leon

• 4 weeks later...
A 1/48 Tracker is long overdue indeed. Hopefully MPM's will come thtough. I need two of them for my Dutch Navy collection. It should be a worldwide seller given the number of different operators.

Cheers,

Leon

They have out a brand spanking new kit of an E-2C Hawkeye, so I don't know why a 1/48th Stuf wouldn't be possible?

In 1/72:

Fairey Hendon

Boeing YB-9

Ford Trimotor

P-35 and P-35A

Y1B-17, or a good conversion kit.

XF4U-1, or a good conversion kit. MPM did the XP-47H, so why not?

F4U-5, AU-1, F4U-7: unless I'm mistaken, the Italeris don't have the elongated nose.

FM-2

and if you'll forgive some jets:

AMX

Q-5 Fantan

F4H-1 . . . or a good conversion kit, including decals.

That would be a nice start . . . . .

Edited by gearheadrandy
Fairey Hendon

Boeing YB-9

Ford Trimotor

P-35 and P-35A

Y1B-17, or a good conversion kit.

XF4U-1, or a good conversion kit. MPM did the XP-47H, so why not?

F4U-5, AU-1, F4U-7: unless I'm mistaken, the Italeris don't have the elongated nose.

FM-2

and if you'll forgive some jets:

AMX

Q-5 Fantan

F4H-1 . . . or a good conversion kit, including decals.

That would be a nice start . . . . .

Serious second, Sir, on the first four (in 1/72, of course).

Actually, a major item on my wish list, injection moulded Hawker Hart (and variants) has clicked over recently: I have five various AZ Hart and Hind kits, and am getting A-Model Osprey and Hector kits tomorrow....

File this under "if only"....

1/32nd Kingfisher, SB2C, P-61, B-25, Vindicator, B-26 Marauder, A-26 Invader, A-1J/H, and A-1E.

Actually, I think I read somewhere that somebody is supposed to be coming out with a 1/32nd Skyraider? I have one of the old Revell kits in 1/40th which isn't bad, just an "odd" scale.

As a Kingfisher Lover, I would love to do a 1/32nd (do I hear "1/24" while we're at it?!) diorama of a dramatic rescue scene of the type that the Kingfisher is famous for; snatching up an American pilot while under enemy fire.

Edited by James Staley
Sometimes I wish I could just round up all of the major kit makers, grab them by the collar and demand to know, "WHY HAVEN'T YOU RELEASED A 1/48TH SCALE LANCASTER BOMBER?! A 1/48TH SCALE F-82 TWIN MUSTANG?

Tamiya cam eout with 48 scal e Landcaster is am not mistaken. I would love to see 72scale Saturn V rocket or even 72scale E-2 Greyhound. Or even a good look E-3 The navy version of the 737-700. How about a 32scale Skyrader?

Frank

• 4 weeks later...
Tamiya cam eout with 48 scal e Landcaster is am not mistaken. I would love to see 72scale Saturn V rocket or even 72scale E-2 Greyhound. Or even a good look E-3 The navy version of the 737-700. How about a 32scale Skyrader?

Frank

I think a 1/72nd Saturn rocket is a LITTLE unrealistic, given the fact that the Revell 1/96th kit sold as well as a lead ballon, simply because it was so big nobody had a room big enough to display it in.

I'am big fan of US and R.A.F. airforce. Every year i hope for new B-17 or B-24 quartescale kits. But - still waiting... Why ? B-17 of B-24 isn't german aircraft. German airfcrafts are "bulls eye". A ten years ago i hear rumors on new B-17G from Tamiya... And today ? When you need Flying Fortress you must buy an old Monogram kit... Lancaster from Tamiya have new tool parts (engine nacelles, turrets etc...) but Liberator and Flying fortress is still the same very old kit... I hope in new B-2 Spirit of B-1 Lancer, but - i can only hope... New tools from big bombers isn't cheap... And when can producer have "bucks" he must create a "golden cow" or "Moneycatcher". Unfortunatelly in WW-II are allies fan on defensive of all fronts - looks to armour... German, german, german, Sherman, german, german, german, german, german, T-34 and another german... Eduard makes Bf-110-DML makes Bf-110. Eduard makes Bf-109E-Trumpy make "Emil" too... I need an 1/32 Spitfire Mk-I and V.... but when i can't an old kits from Hasegawa or monogram i haven't option... When i need an "Mess" or Butcher bird- no problem...

I to would love to see a new B-17, B-24, Lancaster serious, for that matter I would love to see all the bombers Monogram and Revell made modernized. But the problem is a new kit would cost the consumer at least $ 100.00, where as you can by most of the bombers for around $35.00 today. So for me I will stick with Monogram and just put some extra effort into making them a nicer finished model.

Robert