Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ Fighting Falcon

Here's my recently completed Tamiya 1/48 F-16CJ Fighting Falcon in kit markings, almost OOB with only seatbelts and a nose pitot from brass and wire added. For more details visit www.jonbryon.com/f16cj.html.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks

Jon

F16CJ_033.jpg

F16CJ_042.jpg

F16CJ_008.jpg

F16CJ_065.jpg

F16CJ_017.jpg

F16CJ_068.jpg

Thanks guys!

Could do with a little weathering and static discharge wicks though.

Fair point. The wicks are below my modelling threshold - rather like antennae wires on prop planes; I just don't feel like adding them :-) !

Thanks once again guys!

Only comment (since you asked) is the interior of the exhaust. Looks a bit too dirty. Ones I have seen are pretty clean looking.

This is also a fair point; I got a bit carried away with the dry brushing. Next time I'll try and be a bit more restrained B)

Hi Jon,

That's a lovely Viper.

Since you posted this in the Critique Corner I wish I could find something to help you with. Trouble is, I can't think of anything that might make this a better model.

One thing I did notice, and this is less of a criticism more an observation, is the plugs in the end of the AIM-120 motors. I've only ever seen them in a kind of "burr walnut" colour..i.e speckled reddish brown........

Thanks for taking the time to share these :worship:

:coolio:

I've only ever seen them in a kind of "burr walnut" colour..i.e speckled reddish brown........

That's a really useful piece of information - thanks! I've never paid attention to the rear ends of missiles and just always assumed they should be black. I'll look more closely next time I'm making some missiles!

Cheers

Jon

Wow, nice Viper Jon! :lol: I have to agree on the static dischargers, need to add those. The weathering looks good enough to me, you show enough detail with what you did without making the bird look dirty.

The comment on the exhuast, I don't entirely agree with as there are a few that look they way you done it, I have added a link to a picture that looks just like what you did.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thund3rpants/835307502/sizes/o/

Robert

Concur with Mark and Robert. This Viper will definitely look a lot better with the static dischargers. But it's still one EXCELLENT looking Viper! Great job! :lol: :D