Looks like great fun .... :banana:

Can't beat that for a more dramatic venue for a Model Show either ... :woo: Hoo!!

Edit: Patrick, congrats on the 1st Place ! Well deserved ... :worship:

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

Best Venue for all I see..Nice photos.

Patrick CONGRATULATIONS on your Hawker Hunter....1st.....I juts knew it

would win when I followedyour build..well done on the placing and prizes,

and to al the others well done for bagging bargains too..

WAY TO GO !!!

HOLMES :worship::woo::nanner::banana:

I'm way overdue on a visit to the Museum in Dayton, so maybe something can be worked out.

Also, I can stay on the base for just a few dollars per night, which would mean more money

for your vendors....!

Does your club have a website? I'd like to add it to my i.e. favorites.....

http://www.cincyipms.com/

Wright Pat is about a 45 minute (give or take with traffic construction :cheers: ) from our venue.

After 12 years of me saying I was going to attend the AZO show I finally did it. I made a deal with my daughter that if the show was a bust we'd continue on to Chicago so we could get some Chicago style pizza. Needless to say we didn't go to Chicago and we'll have to put a raincheck on that pizza..

I thought the vendors were scarce but I think because they were spread out made it seem that way. By the end of the day there wasn't very much left to snag in the vendor room as there were tons of great deals to be had early on, and I mean really good deals in my opinion. I hope the vendors did a good day of business. The model turn out was good but possibly the weather frightened some away, as well as college foodball, and possibly a classic car show as there were a multitude of classic cars driving around town that I had observed. The raffle table was huge. I typically don't do raffles but from what I heard from others and what I saw it looked impressive. I probably should have bought some tickets.

I liked the museum very much and was very family/kid friendly. My 6yo daughter began whining about looking at "crappy models" 5 minutes after getting there, but I think it was a combination of getting up at 5am, 4 1/2 hour car ride, and her itching to go on the rides they had there inside the museum. After she went on a few rides and had some lunch we had a nice time there in the museum looking around. It was a good quality daddy-daughter day. She also liked the fact the pink P-40 hanging in the lobby was flown by a woman and her interest peaked when we went in the Women of Aviation section. She actually took intrest and was suprised that the pictures of "all those old ladies on the wall" were actually pilots. She had a good time playing in the F-106 cockpit and showing here what all the controls were.

I asked my daughter if she would like to go back and she said yes so hopefully the whole family can attend next year.

Had a great time.

Jason

I had a good time. Didn't have anything to enter, but what was there was impressive. There was a 1/48 Monogram F-105 with a lot of scratchbuilding that I was particularly impressed with. Lots of cool models, including some stuff I hadn't seen built before.

Picked up a 48th scale Hasegawa F-4J and an Eagle Strike sheet with decals for both the "Tomcatters" and "Diamondbacks" for only $28!! There was a lot of good deals to be had, I only wish I had more cash.

My one gripe about the show is they need to find a way to either have the museum improve the lighting or bring in portable lighting somehow. Just made it kind of difficult to see some of the finer details, especially on the smaller scales.

My one gripe about the show is they need to find a way to either have the museum improve the lighting or bring in portable lighting somehow. Just made it kind of difficult to see some of the finer details, especially on the smaller scales.

Keep griping..........it will never happen. We've talked about that a lot over the years and have talked about portable lighting too. They are more worried about it being a attraction than a museum.

"Plus, word on the street was that C-130 was $245.00..."

Good thing someone was there to set things straight! :thumbsup:

Yeah, that wouldn't have fit with an otherwise great event that was put on. My first, but won't be the last. Thanks for the hard work, folks!

jp

First off, I wanna say thank you to both the Kalamazoo Scale Modelers and IPMS West Michigan, Jim Fox, Clare Wentzel, Rod Millard and a host of others. It was a alot of hard work. As for the vendors being scarce, they really weren't, attendence of vendors was way up this year. I couldn't have fit anymore in the space I was provided, and still have enough light to see the merchandise. This year I had 23 vendors with a total of 57 tables. I spoke with the guys as they were packing up and they had a good day and wanna come back next year.

Patrick, I loved your Panther and Hawker Hunter and looked at them very through, great job, congrats. Sean, awesome. Wish I could have had more time to spend socializing. Sorry I didn't have time to meet the rest of you guys. Jason, were there and didn't say hello. Tell your daughter, the pink P40 is my favorite as well.

As steve said he came home and went straight to bed, I vegged out on the couch and woke up 3 hours later.

Glad you guys could make the show and had a good time.

Mandie

Tell your daughter, the pink P40 is my favorite as well.

As soon as I saw that, I thought, "That's Mandie's Handiwork!"

Thanks to everyone in K-ZOO for putting on a splended show (as usual) and I hope to return next year!

Hopefully more of you west-Michigan folks can make it to Bay City next year!

Edited by Kalashnikov-47

A big thanks for all the kind comments. We are really glad that you all had a good time. I think that I went home with 4 or 5 new kits plus some neat tools. Also, a bag of Model Masters paints at $1.00 per bottle.

Patrick, that was a great Hunter. Congrats. You were competing against a number of very good 1/32 kits. Well done.

Clare

Guys, one of our club members has uploaded a number of photos of the contest. Here is the hyperlink.

2010 Kalamazoo contest

The pictures don't really list whether or not they won (winners are still to be posted on the club web site) but if you check the photos and see a yellow poker chip, that model is a winner. I believe that green and red were second and third while orange is OOB.

Lots of photos of Make n' Take as well as the vendors etc.

Clare