Hey Ken, I just heard from a reliable source that the spacer is used now on CF-18's LAU-115s. Crap, that means I have to fix my big Hornet now.

Charlie, thanks for the confirmation!

On this page, it shows some carrying Sparrows

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/netpub...ng.asp?page=154

and this pic - is that the spacer?

http://www.airforceimagery.forces.gc.ca/ne...talog=casimages

Oooh, nice pic, that may beaome the new desktop background for the mancave pc. Yes, that is the spacer, I believe the combo of the LAU-115 and the spacer is called the LAU-115C. Its mounted a bit further forward than it is on the American Legacy Hornets. I have a screen cap here from a Youtube video that shows it nicely too.'

Looking at this picture, the spacer looks a bit shorter than the ones on the American Hornets.

164299_10150128319314602_632169601_7873313_6108215_n.jpg

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Ken

Looks to me like the spacer is used now, as per the pics of the upgraded CF-18 with them above. The sway braces should not be used, though, according to those pics.

I echo previous comments (from a very wise source) - you are indeed making a silk purse from a cow's ear.

ALF

Ken

Looks to me like the spacer is used now, as per the pics of the upgraded CF-18 with them above. The sway braces should not be used, though, according to those pics.

I echo previous comments (from a very wise source) - you are indeed making a silk purse from a cow's ear.

ALF

thanks ALF for the kind words and add'l info!

The Hornet is looking great Ken!! I remember that photo up there from the Maple Flag open house. That's when I got to meet you in person. Oh yeah, and that Sean guy too!! The funniest part though, was when we all went to lunch.....and Scooby didn't realize who you actually were till we were almost done!! And he sat right next to you. LOL

Edited by Tilt
The Hornet is looking great Ken!! I remember that photo up there from the Maple Flag open house. That's when I got to meet you in person. Oh yeah, and that Sean guy too!! The funniest part though, was when we all went to lunch.....and Scooby didn't realize who you actually were till we were almost done!! And he sat right next to you. LOL

thanks Tilt! Yes, I remember that very well LOL!

• 1 month later...
I love how your workspace looks like mine...lol

That Hornet is looking nice Ken, I'd never guess it was the old Testors kit from looking at these pictures.

thanks Charlie - yeah, I have encroachment onto my actual workspace by so much junk

That's looking very good, especially considering you're building the Testors kit, which is a real challenge.

thanks mawz

Wondering what the vents that extend up off the walkway inside the LEX fences are? Are those on CF18s?

yes, they are there, perhaps not as high. I have a pic on my PC that shows them, but a bit lower in height. I don't know if they raise and lower, or not. I thought the pic was from the ARC walkaround section, but I cannot find it there