And he will get it, Animal. The way I see it, win or lose, Thomas gets the Conn Smythe. The only way he doesn't get it is if he gets totally torched in game 7.

Looking forward to the game!

And he will get it, Animal. The way I see it, win or lose, Thomas gets the Conn Smythe. The only way he doesn't get it is if he gets totally torched in game 7.

Looking forward to the game!

I'm not up on my hockey history, is this even possible?

Still hoping that the B's can figure out a way to win in Vancouver. If they do, it's pretty much a moot point that Thomas will be the pick. I'm just shocked about what a difference home ice makes in this series. Both teams are completely different on the road. I WANT to believe that the Bruins can pull this one off but given the results of the other 3 games, I'm not very optimistic. Just hope game 7 is clean so the series will end on a positive note, regardless of who gets the cup.

I can tell you for a fact that Mason Raymond's "spinal compression fracture" was not an "acting" job. And thanks to Boychuk...who won't get penalized by a suspension for that hit. (Funny how if it's Boston, they don't get suspended - and people don't think it's a screwjob?). Mason Raymond doesn't have a reputation for diving. However I guess it's a reputation of "lie with the dogs get up with the fleas" that the officials have tagged ALL the members of the Canucks, divers or not. We'll see how clean this last "winner take all" game is when the officials do decide to put away their whistles. We'll probably see in the first period when the Canucks come out hitting, if that's really the case. Somehow I don't think so.

Nobody has won anything yet folks... If Vancouver wins Game 7 then it's likely that Bieksa may get the Conn Smythe. If Boston wins Game 7 then it's likely Thomas will win the Conn Smythe. Thomas may still win it even if Boston loses but before doing so it has to be looked at that he too would have lost every road game (for Boston) in the Final. So I still think if Vancouver wins I'd now vote for Bieksa for Conn Smythe. Until this series I'd have voted for Kessler but he has struggled in the Final and I think he is more hurt as a reason why.

My money would still be on the Canucks pulling it off and justifying why teams try to win the President's Trophy to guarantee home ice advantage through the playoffs.

I guess Luongo now knows when to shut up. Being pulled 8:35 in game 6 with 3 goals on 5 shots, it's hard to image how he will be in game 7. Also so far Boston looks like the team wanting the Cup more even in those close 3 games in Vancouver where they didn't play 100%. I expect Boston to be more agressive in game 7 because they will play all out as seen in games 3, 4 and 6. In this series I haven't seen the Canucks play with the same intensity as the Bruins did at TD Gardens. Even at Roger's arena, Vancouver hasn't shown much intensity with an almost we'll win no matter what smug attitude. I think this has to do with the fact that the Sedins have never been in a tough North American playoff series unlike most home grown junior players go through in the Memorial cup. Because of this I still predict EA Sports will get it wrong, Boston will prevail in game 7 and unfortunately there will be rioting in downtown Vancouver like the one in 1994. Better luck next time Vancouver, if there is another next time for you.

Scooby, why don't you go watch your team GOLF? Oh, that's right, it's more fun to taunt an injured player and call it a suspected dive. See what a class-act you are.

Go back and read my post, I said it was unfortunate they were chanting. I didn't call it a suspected dive, I thought he was injured. I stated but with all the diving Vancouver has done, they in Boston probably didn't think it was a real injury.

Get over being torqued over the loss and vent somewhere else. I will never taunt or cheer and injury. So don't put words in this thread that I didn't make. But you and class in the same line just don't go together.

I can tell you for a fact that Mason Raymond's "spinal compression fracture" was not an "acting" job. And thanks to Boychuk...who won't get penalized by a suspension for that hit. (Funny how if it's Boston, they don't get suspended - and people don't think it's a screwjob?). Mason Raymond doesn't have a reputation for diving. However I guess it's a reputation of "lie with the dogs get up with the fleas" that the officials have tagged ALL the members of the Canucks, divers or not.

I really feel sorry for Raymond. He won't even start next season. I kinda noticed one of Boychuk's skate pushed off when Raymond had his back to the boards. It was very subtle which will make it difficult to determine if it was accidently or intentional. However, those are the expected breaks during the playoffs. The worst thing about the Canucks is their lack of support for each other. During the warm up skate, Thorton has his way with Luongo by shooting a puck at him and taunting Roberto - Thomas may have also shot a puck at Luongo too. What is the Canucks response? Diddly. Then near the end of the game, Marchand had his way with Daniel Sedin by knocking his head seven times. What's the Canucks response. No surprise it's diddly. This is the lack of intensity that I see from Vancouver and why the Bruins will prevail in game 7 unlike what the EA Sports simulator says.

Edited by aerofan

Go back and read my post, I said it was unfortunate they were chanting. I didn't call it a suspected dive, I thought he was injured. I stated but with all the diving Vancouver has done, they in Boston probably didn't think it was a real injury.

Get over being torqued over the loss and vent somewhere else. I will never taunt or cheer and injury. So don't put words in this thread that I didn't make. But you and class in the same line just don't go together.

It was unfortunate but with all the diving by Vancouver they probably thought it was another dive.

Yeah...PUPPY. Way to contradict yourself.

Late hit on Horton causing significant injury = 4 game suspension for Rome.

Late hit on Raymond causing significant injury = ZIP NADA...from NHL.

And yeah...I'm sure this is embellishment too. Marchand was using Danny's head as a speedbag. Embellishment my butt.

OK...you fail. Scooby, go find yourself some Scooby Snacks.

I really feel sorry for Raymond. He won't even start next season. I kinda noticed one of Boychuk's skate pushed off when Raymond had his back to the boards. It was very subtle which will make it difficult to determine if it was accidently or intentional. However, those are the expected breaks during the playoffs. The worst thing about the Canucks is their lack of support for each other. During the warm up skate, Thorton has his way with Luongo by shooting a puck at him and taunting Roberto - Thomas may have also shot a puck at Luongo too. What is the Canucks response? Diddly. Then near the end of the game, Marchand had his way with Daniel Sedin by knocking this head seven times. What's the Canucks response. No surprise it'd diddly. This is the lack of intensity that I see from Vancouver and why the Bruins will prevail in game 7 unlike what EA Sports simulator says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSLSU4e1XQ

Any multi-celled organism would know that that`s an intentional hit. It wasn`t subtle at all, the puck was nowhere near him and he finished his check. If you`re gonna call Rome on the hit on Horton which was just as nasty. This one was worse (Mason Raymond has a fractured vertebrae). Who the HELL folds up a guy and then finishes off the check into the boards knowing full well that can cause significant injury. Yeah...and I`m sure those refs have to have rocket science degrees to ascertain that.

Yep...and Sedin reacts, gets a match penalty and ends up suspended for Game 7. Not a bright move.

I hope to hell Karma comes back and bites the Bruins a big hole in the tailend in Game 7.

Edited by The_Animal

I can tell you for a fact that Mason Raymond's "spinal compression fracture" was not an "acting" job. And thanks to Boychuk...who won't get penalized by a suspension for that hit. (Funny how if it's Boston, they don't get suspended - and people don't think it's a screwjob?). Mason Raymond doesn't have a reputation for diving. However I guess it's a reputation of "lie with the dogs get up with the fleas" that the officials have tagged ALL the members of the Canucks, divers or not. We'll see how clean this last "winner take all" game is when the officials do decide to put away their whistles. We'll probably see in the first period when the Canucks come out hitting, if that's really the case. Somehow I don't think so.

You must live on another planet.

1. No one here said he was acting.

2. No one on TV said he was acting.

3. It was a fluke injury where he somehow went backwards into the board. I thought immediately he hit the tail-bone and injured his spine. TV was looking for a leg injury which was out to lunch. The boards should have more give.

4. If you can't see the difference between the open ice hit on Horthon with the shot to the head and this play then you really need to consider watching bowling instead of hockey.

OK...this is where I stop listening to you...you contradict yourself to the point where you sound stupid. OK...go off and play on some other thread. Scooby. It`s like talking to a rock.

Both were late hits causing significant injury. Rome gets 4 games. Boychuk gets none. End of discussion.

Edited by The_Animal

Late hit on Horton causing significant injury = 4 game suspension for Rome.

Late hit on Raymond causing significant injury = ZIP NADA...from NHL.

Any multi-celled organism would know that that`s an intentional hit. It wasn`t subtle at all, the puck was nowhere near him and he finished his check. If you`re gonna call Rome on the hit on Horton which was just as nasty. This one was worse (Mason Raymond has a fractured vertebrae)

I hope to hell Karma comes back and bites the Bruins a big hole in the tailend in Game 7.

You do live on another planet.

Go back and take some english lessons, "they" = Boston fans; "I" would = me.

And an open ice hit when a player isn't looking is another thing. Raymond's was a fluke injury, the two players were tied up with one another. They were both carrying through with the contact. It was rather slow speed and there is no way anyone could have predicted the injury. There wasn't even a penalty on the play. A suspension is not based on injury, it is based on intent. There was no intent so there was no suspension/penalty.

The two worst things I have witnessed in hockey are:

1. Gord Donnely of the Winnipeg Jets trying to kick a player in the head with his skate but missing.

2. Your "hero" biting the finger. That act totally lacked any sportmanship at all. And then he taunted Boston players later in the series which was a slap in the face to the NHL for ignoring it.

OK...this is where I stop listening to you...you contradict yourself to the point where you sound stupid.

Any multi-celled organism would know that that`s an intentional hit.

I sound stupid? I can at least debate without the name-calling.

You need to take some reading comprehension lessons.

If karma has anything to do with it the Canucks will lose game 7 by ten goals just because of all the obnoxious posts you've directed towards the fans of any teams the Canucks have played in the playoffs this year. Heck, you even directed your vitriol at Oilers fans and they didn't even make the playoffs.

If you're typical of Canucks fans it's no wonder there are a bunch of your fellow countrymen who hate the Canucks as posted here.

What the heck gets you so wound up anyway? Try a glass of good scotch on the rocks, it may help. If it doesn't, try a whole bottle without the ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoSLSU4e1XQ

Any multi-celled organism would know that that`s an intentional hit. It wasn`t subtle at all, the puck was nowhere near him and he finished his check. If you`re gonna call Rome on the hit on Horton which was just as nasty. This one was worse (Mason Raymond has a fractured vertebrae). Who the HELL folds up a guy and then finishes off the check into the boards knowing full well that can cause significant injury. Yeah...and I`m sure those refs have to have rocket science degrees to ascertain that.

Yep...and Sedin reacts, gets a match penalty and ends up suspended for Game 7. Not a bright move.

I watched the video reply. Both guys are tangled and Raymond got the worst of it. The only thing I saw is at the end when you'll see Boychuk's right skate push off but that's not enough to say it's intentional. At worst there should have been a two minute penalty. Rome's suspension was too harsh it should have been 2 to 3 games as you must remember that this is the playoffs and you don't admire your pass - there was no laser targeted elbow to the head. Seems that Brian Burke who was consulted for his opinion on Rome's suspension wants to screw his old club. Plus, he is from Massachusetts so you can come to our own conclusions on this.

I never meant that Daniel should react but his team mates should let Marchand know it is a No No but they let him off. Now every other Bruins know it is open season on Henrik and Daniel. Both twins shouldn't expect the refs to do anything as this is the playoffs. Both Henrik and Daniel seem surprised by this and why they'll be ineffective in game 7 - no former intense playoff action for both when they were younger.

Animal, you're taking this too seriously. In the end it's just a game. JasonW is right. What comes around goes around!

Go back and take some english lessons, "they" = Boston fans; "I" would = me.

No, Your interchanging I and they is your passive-aggressive attitude. And don`t tell me you didn`t feel a little satisfaction when Raymond went down.

Oh, and thank you for the suggestion of english lessons. I got A+s in my English and english comprehension when I was in school. I wonder what your marks were like. And considering I spoke Japanese for the first five years of my life, I outdid most of my classmates who were English speakers from birth.

What I see is a push-off on the right skate...just before Boychuk forces Raymond into the wall. That was not an "inadvertent" accident. And no amount of NHL spin-doctoring is going to make me see it as that.

Yeah...I give Oiler and Calgary fans the most heat because I know how thin-skinned you guys are and how you`ll not hesitate to jump on a bandwagon to denigrate any other team including each others. You guys are the epitome of bandwagon fans. And yeah...it must be that you guys are thin-skinned to get you so riled up with just a little jibe. What I don't like though is the blind-zebras crooked attempt to skew the stats.

1st Period

00:56 VAN Henrik Sedin : Unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min

00:56 BOS Zdeno Chara : Interference - 2 min

07:55 VAN Alexander Edler : Boarding - 2 min

10:31 VAN Ryan Kesler : Holding - 2 min

17:09 VAN Raffi Torres : Too many men/ice - bench - 2 min

Yeah, only after the game was 4-0 Boston were penalties delivered to Boston. Oh...no...no penalty when Daniel Sedin nearly had his head taken off by Andrew Ference...(luckily Sedin saw it and ducked). Or Zdeno Chara with his repetitive stickwork (spears, cross-checking, etc etc...you take your pick) yet no call. That is, has been, and will forever be total BS.

I`m sure you were cheering your butt off in 94 when your ex-Oiler, then Ranger Messier when he hacked down Linden... Yeah...notice the call..."he's crawling to the bench..." That's what your vaunted Messier did. THAT is why he won't get any respect in Vancouver. He's always been a cheapshot artist with elbows...and no attempt to back it up with fists. He always turtled and got McSorley, Semenko or others to do his dirty work. That's why YOU Oiler fans won't get any respect from me.

All I have to say here is... GO HABS GO. I /really/ do not want to see the Bruins win. I want to see them lose, which is why I want the Canucks to win. Also, I don't want to see a repeat of 1994.

This league wants MMA on ice, it seems, instead of hockey. I've followed the KHL now closely for two seasons. I may just finally make the for-good switch after this season. Chara breaks a guy's neck by deliberately guiding his head into a stanchion, and no suspension? Ference launches his shoulder into Halpern's head, and no call? Philly and their garbage? Honestly, the only two clean teams I saw all playoffs were Detroit, the Habs and maybe Nashville.

Say what you want about the KHL - but the hockey there is at least /hockey/ and not thuggery.

All I have to say here is... GO HABS GO. I /really/ do not want to see the Bruins win. I want to see them lose, which is why I want the Canucks to win. Also, I don't want to see a repeat of 1994.

This league wants MMA on ice, it seems, instead of hockey. I've followed the KHL now closely for two seasons. I may just finally make the for-good switch after this season. Chara breaks a guy's neck by deliberately guiding his head into a stanchion, and no suspension? Ference launches his shoulder into Halpern's head, and no call? Philly and their garbage? Honestly, the only two clean teams I saw all playoffs were Detroit, the Habs and maybe Nashville.

Say what you want about the KHL - but the hockey there is at least /hockey/ and not thuggery.

I think you're stretching it, there were no completely clean teams in the NHL this playoff season, they all have adapted to what the league has allowed them to get away with.

No team is completely clean, not even the NHL team you're a fan of.

So what decisive and conclusive evidence do you have to back up the statement "Chara breaks a guy's neck by deliberately guiding his head into a stanchion"? I'm interested in being enlightened by your clearly conclusive evidence that backs up such a statement. If there was clear evidence in the film footage, the NHL would have had to take action and I'm sure the Montreal police would have pursued the criminal charges they wanted to bring against Chara. You must know something nobody else does.

I think you're stretching it, there were no completely clean teams in the NHL this playoff season, they all have adapted to what the league has allowed them to get away with.

No team is completely clean, not even the NHL team you're a fan of.

Yeah, I can admit that. Not even the Wings or the Habs, though the Habs have, through their history, been amongst the cleanest teams, even back in the 1970s.

But the fact that even they've had to adapt to this new "style" is part of what's turning me off of this league.

So what decisive and conclusive evidence do you have to back up the statement "Chara breaks a guy's neck by deliberately guiding his head into a stanchion"? I'm interested in being enlightened by your clearly conclusive evidence that backs up such a statement. If there was clear evidence in the film footage, the NHL would have had to take action and I'm sure the Montreal police would have pursued the criminal charges they wanted to bring against Chara. You must know something nobody else does.

I watched it, repeatedly, almost till I had to puke. I had to, because up until then, I kinda liked the big guy; certainly, he was one of the guys I actually liked on the Sens back when he was there. Chara's arm is out next to Patches' head, his body is positioned so as to cut off Max's avenue of escape: Max had no way out - there was no room to go anywhere except /into the stanchion/.

I don't buy for a minute that a guy who's played hockey as long as he had, and who has played as many times at the Bell as he has, that he "didn't know where [he] was", as he claimed.

Even if he didn't know, he was looking forwards - in the direction of the stanchion, so he would have seen it coming, and he would have had plenty of time to move his arm to let Max get his head clear of the stanchion.

Okay: maybe he didn't intend to break his neck. But given all the above, he had to know that he'd be putting Max into a world of hurt, and into a very dangerous position.

Much like Boychuk on Raymond - though with Boychuk, I'm a lot more willing to buy that it was accidental, as Raymond was already falling awkwardly. That said, Boychuk had time to pull away, too.

Yeah, I can admit that. Not even the Wings or the Habs, though the Habs have, through their history, been amongst the cleanest teams, even back in the 1970s.

But the fact that even they've had to adapt to this new "style" is part of what's turning me off of this league.

I watched it, repeatedly, almost till I had to puke. I had to, because up until then, I kinda liked the big guy; certainly, he was one of the guys I actually liked on the Sens back when he was there. Chara's arm is out next to Patches' head, his body is positioned so as to cut off Max's avenue of escape: Max had no way out - there was no room to go anywhere except /into the stanchion/.

I don't buy for a minute that a guy who's played hockey as long as he had, and who has played as many times at the Bell as he has, that he "didn't know where [he] was", as he claimed.

Even if he didn't know, he was looking forwards - in the direction of the stanchion, so he would have seen it coming, and he would have had plenty of time to move his arm to let Max get his head clear of the stanchion.

Okay: maybe he didn't intend to break his neck. But given all the above, he had to know that he'd be putting Max into a world of hurt, and into a very dangerous position.

Much like Boychuk on Raymond - though with Boychuk, I'm a lot more willing to buy that it was accidental, as Raymond was already falling awkwardly. That said, Boychuk had time to pull away, too.

Extremely well said!

We can all argue until the cows come home about who meant to do what, and the nature of the debate will make it impossible to agree... While I agree with your assessment of the Chara hit on Patch, that is not my point.

What I deplore is how the entire league has gone down the road of goonery, to the extreme. What we're seeing is the latest manifestation of it. Players don't respect each other; they say they are simply 'finishing their checks', but in fact they're getting more and more violent and nasty.

I bolded your comment about how the violence and thuggery are turning people off this league. I couldn't agree more! It's very sad that the beautiful skilled plays of the past will remain in the past. Despite the much-ballyhooed efforts to remove clutching and grabbing from the game, it has been an abject failure. During these playoffs, we have seen so much violence before and after the whistles, that it has become ridiculous. I don't buy the Don Cherry line that people have to 'man up' - I think that the less-skilled and more thuggish players are having a field day, and it has to stop.

If/when the Bruins win the cup tonight, it will be a victory for the nasty side of hockey. I only hope they can do it without resorting to the goonery that is their trademark. While all teams have 'gooned up', some are worse than others. The strange thing is that the NHL lets them get away with it.

ALF

If/when the Bruins win the cup tonight, it will be a victory for the nasty side of hockey.

I'll match that partisan statement with this:

If/when the Canucks win the cup tonight, it will be a victory for theatrics of an unprecedented level and rampant cannibalism.

Take that!

Yes your right Boston are cheap shot atist .

Video of the only goal from the Cannuck's game 3.Watch what Hanson does to Bostons #46 at about 8 seconds into the video.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20102011,3,413&event=BOS723&fr=false

Nice hack job.No call. Dirty play by the Boston player for getting in the way of Hanson's stick.

Another game one of the Sedin's had his stick in Andrew Ference crotch of coarse Ference was the dirty player in this one because he pop Sedin.

Ference and a Sedin went into a corner for a icing call .Ferernce was there first by a couple of feet but lost an edge and fell back against the boards. Sedin snaped his head back and fell to the ice holding his face.

After a couple of replays even the anouncers said Ferernce didn't come close to touching Sedin with any part of his body or stick.One reason I feel for Raymond.

I didn't hear the chant but I can't understand most of what the fans chant anyway.

The Rome hit would have been clean if he didn't jump into Horton with his stick up.

Brad Marchand hand work in game 6 was not right but he did get called for it .

Both teams are hacking and I hope the game tonight no one gets hurt except maybe there feelings.

As for goonery this year is not even close to what the 1970's were like.

Anyway.

Rick Peck