OT, how many of you have seperate

I have been thinking about this for some while. Going to my bank and open a seperate account for my online purchases.

Do you members have an seperate account at your bank for online purposes alone, I mean for securite measures.

If I wanted to purchase something online I would only have enough money in that account to for that purchase,

Any other members do that, just curious.

Cheers :cheers:

Andy G

I go with paypal for everything, which I have set up so that I put a certain amount into my paypal account before I want to purchase something, rather than allowing PP to extract the funds from my account.

A seperate account wouldn't help much IMHO, because if someone did get access to it, they then have access to your name, address, date of birth. After that, tracking down any other accounts in that name is childs play for these people.

If someone wants to hack your accounts, they will. I don't know about over there, but in the UK, we are protected from online fraud in any event so if I have money stolen, the bank makes good my loss.

I have a separate account for online purchases and it is also the account I use to put money into my PayPal and pay various online bills with. My primary bank account and the joint household account are not used for any payments online.

I'm a bit paranoid about that whole thing having a relative who had their account hacked and cleaned out.

I have a separate account for online purchases and it is also the account I use to put money into my PayPal and pay various online bills with. My primary bank account and the joint household account are not used for any payments online.

Ditto. Separate account that is tied to paypal.

Even with paypal Ive found a seperate account is a good idea if its linked to a bank account because like it or not they can take your money out of your account if you have a problem with them

If they dont take you side in a dispute and decide you owe them money they can take it out of your account, even if you withdraw their permission on the banks side for them to take any money out of your account.

Yes I use a seperate account for online transactions.

I don't necessarily need paypal, When I make my online purchases, whether it Sprue Brothers or others I use my debit card that dirctly enters my account.

Should I open a different account for my online purchase.

YES or NO

I'm thinking yes and for obvious reasons.

Andy G

I don't necessarily need paypal, When I make my online purchases, whether it Sprue Brothers or others I use my debit card that dirctly enters my account.

Should I open a different account for my online purchase.

YES or NO

I'm thinking yes and for obvious reasons.

Andy G

I never use my debit card online. If it somehow gets stolen then someone has access to my bank account. I either use a credit card or paypal.

Yes I would say go seperate accounts.

I have my paypal account linked to a seperate bank account and a credit card with a low low credit limit that way if any of the 3 were to get hacked my exposure is quite low.

A guy I know had his paypal account linked to his bank account and it was emptied, he got the moeny back but took weeks and loads of hasstle.

Julien

I use my Visa Credit card. Anytime I've ever had incorrect charges to my account, Visa has always stood behind me and refunded the charges.

It is my understanding (told to me by my bank) that using a Debit card will not give you the same level of protection that a good credit card will. I never, ever use my Debit card online.

I use Paypal mostly for Ebay transactions though I occasionally will use it for reputable and trusted small businesses that don't take a credit card.

Edited by dmk0210