anybody got any new f-22 news?

aside from seeing viper east flying the taxicab for demo's with the raptor pilots in back. i'm really hoping that the grounding will be lifted sometime in the next week so that just maybe the raptor team can start flying again.

:sunrevolves:

aside from seeing viper east flying the taxicab for demo's with the raptor pilots in back. i'm really hoping that the grounding will be lifted sometime in the next week so that just maybe the raptor team can start flying again.

All that has been heard from ACC is the term "until further notice".

Look on the bright side, two ship F8F Bearcats :wub:

On the F-16D deal, not sure if Rider meant for practice or the Demo, in a way I think he meant during practice.

Is that junk down again? I went to at least a half dozen or more shows where that cantankerous btch was to show, but to no avail,it was broke dick sitting somewhere.Imagine this Princess in combat!I am so happy to pay my taxes...I mean to thank my local Mega Defence companies for convincing me I really do need this.You know the enemy is just around the way....

Edited by F-4Mech

You ain't seen anything yet.Wait till that F-35 makes you wait to see it while it's sitting in a hanger you have to keep your kids eating popcorn till the airshow announcer tells you it's busted.Good thing we still have old *** F-15s around.I learning chinese at this very moment

You ain't seen anything yet.Wait till that F-35 makes you wait to see it while it's sitting in a hanger you have to keep your kids eating popcorn till the airshow announcer tells you it's busted.Good thing we still have old *** F-15s around.I learning chinese at this very moment

A bit of a drama queen..... I seem to remember back in the day, people whined about the F-15 being a maintenance pig and that it was always broken. They complained that it was waaay to expensive and we should be purchasing dozens of nice, simple, maneuverable F-5s. After all that, it turns out that the F-15's worked out pretty well. It the same thing with the F-22 (and assuredly) the F-35. If you push the envelope, you are going to suffer some teething pains.

This flaw with the O2 system may have killed a pilot. Is anyone really suggesting that flying at an airshow takes precedence over safety? It's obviously a serious and complex issue. If it takes 6 months to deal with it, so be it. I'd rather have the fleet collecting dust on the ramp than risk another crash / fatality.

Good luck with those Chinese lessons, make sure you have plenty of food and ammo in the basement as well, LOL.

Edited by 11bee

Funny I served during F-15 inception and cant remember a whole lot of problems till those junk pratts fell apart at around 700hrs.Its just not the o2 problem either, its a history of not meeting a schedule.You seem to have a dog in the fight, do you mind to tell me what it is? I built the first 6 V-22s.I know what opposition to a program is.I also have sense to know junk when I see it.That thing can fly around at whatever AOA it wants but it still a boondoggle

An aircraft is only as good as the components which make it up. In this case an oxygen system that has issues. Other aircraft with cutting edge technology also had issues with their subsystems. During Vietnam, the missiles used for combat weren't worth the fuel used to lift them skyward as they failed to track, fire or detonate if they left the launching aircraft. A viper with no fangs so to speak.

Look back at the problems iconic aircraft had during their development. B-26 Mauraders had a critical issue...pilots who couldn't handle them properly. The C-5A had issues with wing cracks and before that...a rear cargo door that was useless as it couldn't be used until redesigned. C-5As were restricted to doing all loading and unloading using the nose door...so much for the drive thru capability it promised, yet it still continued to serve.

My cousin was a test pilot on the F3H Demon program. An aircraft advanced beyond its time, which suffered from an insufficient powerplant. Again technology of its components were advancing at different speeds. The Demon went into service and had a modest albeit short career. The F4H-1 Phantom II came along and it too had many short comings, one which cost my cousin his life, an ejection system which failed to provide the literal bang for the buck it promised to save pilots of supersonic aircraft. This link shows other incidents as well which cause operational delays for a very expensive and cutting edge aircraft at the time.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/US_Phantoms_01.htm

Military aircraft aren't the only expensive aircraft to find themselves grounded due to design or component issues. The Comet lost to the 707 because of structural failures in the tail. Beechcraft Kingairs had cabin pressurization issues resulting in fatal accidents. Orion had wings that broke off outboard of the outer engines...fatalities. It went on to be the US Navy's most successful and longest serving patrol aircraft. It also continues to serve as a firebomber and cargo aircraft to this day.

If you look back at to compare current dollars at the time of development and early service years, the F-22 isn't alone as a system which has or had issues. There have even been ships which never lived up to their expectations after spending so much on their development and construction. Some were able to be modified others scrapped.

An aircraft is only as good as the components which make it up. In this case an oxygen system that has issues. Other aircraft with cutting edge technology also had issues with their subsystems. During Vietnam, the missiles used for combat weren't worth the fuel used to lift them skyward as they failed to track, fire or detonate if they left the launching aircraft. A viper with no fangs so to speak.

Look back at the problems iconic aircraft had during their development. B-26 Mauraders had a critical issue...pilots who couldn't handle them properly. The C-5A had issues with wing cracks and before that...a rear cargo door that was useless as it couldn't be used until redesigned. C-5As were restricted to doing all loading and unloading using the nose door...so much for the drive thru capability it promised, yet it still continued to serve.

My cousin was a test pilot on the F3H Demon program. An aircraft advanced beyond its time, which suffered from an insufficient powerplant. Again technology of its components were advancing at different speeds. The Demon went into service and had a modest albeit short career. The F4H-1 Phantom II came along and it too had many short comings, one which cost my cousin his life, an ejection system which failed to provide the literal bang for the buck it promised to save pilots of supersonic aircraft. This link shows other incidents as well which cause operational delays for a very expensive and cutting edge aircraft at the time.

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Aircraft_by_Type/US_Phantoms_01.htm

Military aircraft aren't the only expensive aircraft to find themselves grounded due to design or component issues. The Comet lost to the 707 because of structural failures in the tail. Beechcraft Kingairs had cabin pressurization issues resulting in fatal accidents. Orion had wings that broke off outboard of the outer engines...fatalities. It went on to be the US Navy's most successful and longest serving patrol aircraft. It also continues to serve as a firebomber and cargo aircraft to this day.

If you look back at to compare current dollars at the time of development and early service years, the F-22 isn't alone as a system which has or had issues. There have even been ships which never lived up to their expectations after spending so much on their development and construction. Some were able to be modified others scrapped.

YeA Yea Yea we all know the history book.I've grown up and actually have my own perception of events .what was your point F-22 F-35,on point

Edited by F-4Mech

It's nice to see complaining and arguing about something other than the F-35. This takes me back in time...

Let's see:

F-14 versus everything else

F-18 Superbug versus legacy Hornets

F-22 versus F-15

F-14 being retured

Anything Russian versus US aircraft

F-35 vesus itself

And of course, anything Tweet oriented. Speaking of which...did the Russians have an equivalent to the Tweet?

I hearby nominate this thread for the Adam Savage Mantra:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Alvis 3.1

Not to be picky, but your English isn't at 100% proficiency yet. :blink:

Alvis 3.1

Is that junk down again? I went to at least a half dozen or more shows where that cantankerous btch was to show, but to no avail,it was broke dick sitting somewhere.Imagine this Princess in combat!I am so happy to pay my taxes...I mean to thank my local Mega Defence companies for convincing me I really do need this.You know the enemy is just around the way....

Because if an aircraft has a fleet wide grounding at any point, its an utter failure forever of course! :sunrevolves:

I have been to several airshows where the "military main event" was down for some reason. I expect it nowadays.In my own experience it has been F-15s, F-117s, F-16s, B-2s, F-18s, and once for good measure a V-22. Also had the Canadian snow birds delayed due to bird strike. You would almost think these are advanced, complex, war machines and with a large crowd they are erring on the side of safety, but thats just me.

^buncha worthless hanger queens I tells ya^

Because if an aircraft has a fleet wide grounding at any point, its an utter failure forever of course! :sunrevolves:

I have been to several airshows where the "military main event" was down for some reason. I expect it nowadays.In my own experience it has been F-15s, F-117s, F-16s, B-2s, F-18s, and once for good measure a V-22. Also had the Canadian snow birds delayed due to bird strike. You would almost think these are advanced, complex, war machines and with a large crowd they are erring on the side of safety, but thats just me.

^buncha worthless hanger queens I tells ya^

Snowbirds suffered a bird strike two years ago? at Miramar. It was the leads aircraft if I recall. Luckily he landed it safely, the rest of the team continued to orbit and he got up in the spare and finished the show. The Tutor....now THAT is a tough airplane! :woot.gif:

Snowbirds suffered a bird strike two years ago? at Miramar. It was the leads aircraft if I recall. Luckily he landed it safely, the rest of the team continued to orbit and he got up in the spare and finished the show. The Tutor....now THAT is a tough airplane! :woot.gif:

It ought to be, it's a Canadian knock-off (I know right! Who knew they had the technology?) of the :worship:Mighty Tweetâ„¢ :worship:

Much respect to Canada for their success with the "Snow Tweet."

Edited by Trigger

Pete - it's official - the F-22 will not be at Quonset