Trumpeter 1/72 Chinese `Flanker' J-11

I may have to get a copy of Duke Nukem Forever just as a stand on which to display the Trumpeter 1:72 Su-27.

THAT cracked me up. :lol:

Which will come first, Half Life Episode 3, or Trumpeter Su-27? :P

I may have to get a copy of Duke Nukem Forever just as a stand on which to display the Trumpeter 1:72 Su-27.

:rofl: Good one! :thumbsup:

Let's hope Trumpeter's 1/72 Flankers will be better than Duke Nukem Forever! :pray:

<...>

Wait! They still intend to give us an Episode 3? :blink:

Perhaps Diablo 3 will beat them all. I'm very, very cross with Valve. Portal 2 was a lot of fun, but I'm really, really hoping for a final boss fight with 'The Man in Black'...

Well, there are a couple of people protesting in front of Valve's offices in hopes of getting Half Life 3, but I'm not sure how that worked out.

We are getting daaaangeriously off topic now, but Gabe (Valve boss) came outside, talked and joked with them, and invited them for a visit in the Valve offices. Valve is really cool. :thumbsup: They did not get any Ep3 info tho. :D

I have no idea what you are all talking about.....

They're making an analogy with PC video games where the time between announcement and actual release happened to be many years.

Edited by Laurent

Ken, the game Duke Nukem Forever was first announced in April 1997. It was released just a few months ago. Sadly, I've heard it does not live up to its hype. I hope that will not be the case with this kit. Trumpeter has had time to get it right.

I just had another look at the sprue shots. Are the horizontals single-piece with two options, or are they two-piece assemblies?

I guess this thread is the most fitting to post this. Here is an super early flanker, with the weights and all. :woot.gif:

052450.jpg

And what is this? Ken, Andrey?

052451.jpg

PS: MiG31, they look definitely one piece to me. Look how "3D" the weights are, and the thickness of the root. I am sure trumpeter will provide two options, atleast in the non J-11 boxing.

Edited by Berkut

Luckily I've got a couple Airfix Flankers in the stash, so I can rob them for their nose wheel mud guards. I've been thinking of building an early-block Su-27.

By the way, what happened to the mud guard on that Flanker in the photo? Surely none of the early aircraft operated without the guard?

Ken, the game Duke Nukem Forever was first announced in April 1997. It was released just a few months ago. Sadly, I've heard it does not live up to its hype. I hope that will not be the case with this kit. Trumpeter has had time to get it right.

I just had another look at the sprue shots. Are the horizontals single-piece with two options, or are they two-piece assemblies?

Actually, from what I've heard, "Does not live up to its hype" would be an understatement. Apparently the game was HORRIBLE. But on topic, I don't get what it is with Flankers. Why are they never correct?

LOl Duke Nukem couldnt possibly live up to the hype... gaming has certainly moved away from one dimensional shooters.... saying that, i sure hope trumps get it right... until then i still hv my one solitary airfix kit in my stash...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...