Ruslan in 1/72

That's incredible. Never heard of the manufacturer, and there doesn't seem to be any information about what kind of kit it is (IM, vac, etc). Didn't someone announce an An-225 in 1/144 in the last couple of years? Amodel? Whatever became of that?

Kev

I can't get to the site right now, it isn't loading so it says. Anyway, is it vac or what? An outfit called HeavyKits, IIRC, announced a 1/72 An-124 & An-225 back 6 or 7 or 8 years ago. I think they announced a C-5 as well. They actually produced a 1/72 Hughes HK-1 Hercules (aka Spruce Goose).

I was taking a look at Hobbyterra when I noticed this kit in the future releases

http://hobbyterra.com/product_info.php?products_id=334

What??? A Ruslan in 1/72 (even if it's listed as An-125)

Can't wait to see it....

Edited by famvburg

According to my man in Russia who knows about these things, 'Modelsvit' is a subsidiary of Amodel.

I do know that when I met 'Mr Amodel' in Kiev in 2010, there was talk of an 'Amonster' An-124 & An-225.

So it looks like a new company to market them.....

I've already got my 5 X 1/72 scale T-80 tank kits ready for when the An-225 appears.....

In the meantime, here's a couple of photos taken in Kiev of the An-124 front loading ramp - in case you want to scratch-build one in anticipation.......

day05_016.jpg

day05_017.jpg

Ken

Holly cow....

I still resist to own attempts to buy An-22, but if i'll buy An-22 and An-124 - i'll need at least additional room at my apartment to show its even in unassembled condition.

Yes, Amodel and Modelsvit is closely tied. Modelsvit's first model was Yak-1B in 1/48 (which is pretty nice), was made by same pattern maker that makes/made for Amodel. And yes, Amodel did announce 1/144 An-225 long time ago, and some years ago picture was posted of one of the wings. No info since then.

stone me, where the hell will we be able to store 'em? :bandhead2:

Right beside your 1/32 Lancaster and B-17 models, sandwiched between all the 1/32 Ju88s and He111s. I don't get this current fixation with gigantoid models. My house is 900 sq. ft.

Who knows if it will be injection moulded or fibreglass like Amonsters.... don't like fibreglass that much....

I would take bets on fibreglass..... the investment in an injection-mould for something that big would be astronomical and way beyond the likes of Amodel/Modelsvit. :woot.gif:

What's wrong with fibreglass??? - much better than a vacform at that size - and workable with appropriate precautions.

The outer surface is almost resin-like in smoothness and detail - only the 'insides' are rough.......

il-76_13.jpg

On the Il-76 and An-22, Amodel supply a vacform interior that slides inside and hides the rough bits anyway...

An-22...

an-22_09.jpg

an-22_10.jpg

Il-76....

il-76_06.jpg

il-76_29.jpg

I don't care if they make it out of carboard - as long as it is accurate and do-able, I'm up for one of each.....

Ken

I would take bets on fibreglass..... the investment in an injection-mould for something that big would be astronomical and way beyond the likes of Amodel/Modelsvit. :woot.gif:

What's wrong with fibreglass??? - much better than a vacform at that size - and workable with appropriate precautions.

Well, nothing, apart from the fact it's hard and brittle and you have to wear a pressure suit to work with it :)

Seriously.... I don't like the fact that to cut every fine little bit you need a power tool instead of the usual cutter and sandpaper... (and at least a dust mask because you don't want to breath that stuff....

Took me ages with the Tu-160 just to cut and smooth the cutouts for the intakes and wheel wells... and doing it under tap water to avoid having fine fibres flying all over the house.

And I have their Il-76 too... still in the box however....

On the other hand I love vacs :P

Edited by Yuri

:D, I'd be up for one of each of these when they're released, even if have major components that are made of fibreglass. Masks don't worry me and there is plenty of water around here especially after all the rain we've had recently, our storages are all pretty well full. When I have the money together I'll buy the Amodel An-22 from Hannants if they have any left by then.

:cheers:,

Ross.

• 3 weeks later...

Photos of (I think) a made-up one here chaps......

Looks to be simplified - with no cargo interior - but I'm excited !!!!

I used Google to tranlate the accompanying text......

Briefly about the set: the fuselage, wings, stabilizers are made ​​of white polyester resin, the rest is plastic LND + unreal decal area by 6 color options. It will be an overview of the whale.

specific comments on the assembly does not have, as a filler - use glue (superglue) in small amounts, believe that is enough. Paint, enamels. A special "fun" received unrealistically large number of technicals, the whole decal I really liked the quality

So, if the tranlator is correct, the main parts are 'polyester resin' - not fibreglass resin!

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

:D, Thank you for finding that and sharing with us Ken. It looks to be very accurate and the decal options are impressive to say the least. The whole thing in resin will make it pretty heavy but will it be any heavier than if it were made from fibreglass with a vacform plastic interior. Does anyone know if it will include any internal detail? It would be great to be able to display it with both nose and tail doors open to reveal the internal detail (if there is any). That little Pitts looks like it would fit in the cargo compartment witout any disassembly, just roll it and another four or five of them in and tie them down and Bob's your uncle. Easy load and easy unload. :lol:

Ross.

:D, Thank you for finding that and sharing with us Ken. It looks to be very accurate and the decal options are impressive to say the least. The whole thing in resin will make it pretty heavy but will it be any heavier than if it were made from fibreglass with a vacform plastic interior. Does anyone know if it will include any internal detail? It would be great to be able to display it with both nose and tail doors open to reveal the internal detail (if there is any). That little Pitts looks like it would fit in the cargo compartment witout any disassembly, just roll it and another four or five of them in and tie them down and Bob's your uncle. Easy load and easy unload. :lol:

Ross.

Ross,

Someone asked the same question in the forum underneath the photos - it's on page 3.....

Re:

And another question for the author: Is it possible to make a version with hatches open the cargo hold? In my opinion, he should open his nose. Then it can be placed w / e engine 1/72, are released.

good question, vnutryanka cargo hold is not provided, as is "and" version of the whale (initial), in the future will be "b" - the version with the stuffing. This is already incorporated in the set of the muzzle and the main part of the fuselage are made ​​separately, so that the craftsmen until you can stuff the airplane

So it looks lile the first release will be all closed up - the second release may have 'the stuffing'.

I don't know if I can wait.........

Ken

Photos of (I think) a made-up one here chaps......

Looks to be simplified - with no cargo interior - but I'm excited !!!!

I used Google to tranlate the accompanying text......

Briefly about the set: the fuselage, wings, stabilizers are made ​​of white polyester resin, the rest is plastic LND + unreal decal area by 6 color options. It will be an overview of the whale.

specific comments on the assembly does not have, as a filler - use glue (superglue) in small amounts, believe that is enough. Paint, enamels. A special "fun" received unrealistically large number of technicals, the whole decal I really liked the quality

So, if the tranlator is correct, the main parts are 'polyester resin' - not fibreglass resin!

Ken

Great! Thanks Ken

Uh... don't really know the difference, but I assume polyester resin is the "normal" resin...

Anyway, we'll have to see the sprues (well... the parts in fact) to see if it's really that good or if the modeller was THAT good, but the model seems very nice, with good detail and shape...