What 1:48 jet would you like to see from G.W.H. ?

You're right. However Americans think that whatever "goes" in US is valid universally as well.

God bless Czech companies for a healthy crop of 1/72 subjects!

And I built 1/72, 1/48, 1/35 and 1/32...

This scale "dispute" is becoming ridiculously pathetic.

Cheers,

Mario

in NYC

so... seems you basically don't know what : monketdance4.gif means? ...don't take those "disputes" too seriously... cos they are just teasing... we, 1/48 lovers, have been spoiled in the latest years... after decades of waiting...

God bless Czech companies for doing more and more 1/48th kits! (...now that they have the budget for doing bigger tooling!biggrin.gif) ...and Eduard have made its fair part of very detailed 1/48 kits!271.gif

BTW i'm not "American" ...and only builds "1/48th" (for aircraft... for now... and possibly a long time, as new and interesting 1/48 subjects pops out faster than i can build them!)

The bottom line is that 1/72 aftermarket decals sell at a tiny fraction of 1/48 decals for most subject matter, regardless of the nationality of the customer. That's backed up with numbers, not hearsay. It's been the case for as long as I've been involved in the dec biz (a pretty long time).

Hi all,

Would really love to see a Dassault super Mirage 4000 in 1/48th scale.

But, first of all, a huge serie of soviet airplanes with, first, the Su-34 Fullback :banana:/> :nanner:/> :woot.gif:/>

And then, some nice protypes like Su-47 Berkut and Mig 1.44

And, because i love prototypes, I would love to see a Boeing X-32 apprearing in 1/48th scale in all versions (A, B and C).

The bottom line is that 1/72 aftermarket decals sell at a tiny fraction of 1/48 decals for most subject matter, regardless of the nationality of the customer. That's backed up with numbers, not hearsay. It's been the case for as long as I've been involved in the dec biz (a pretty long time).

accordingly to that statement, i'll add that, from the numbers of kits they keep on shelves (at my LHS), and the surface each scale have, 1/72th have about 1/7th of the surface 1/48th kits have (aircraft only) ...so roughly i'd say that there is , at least twice the number of boxes... if not more...

as my LHS is in business since about 30 years, and have double their store's surface in the last months, i'd say that they know a little about their market... seems like scale modeling is about 1/5th of their shop, and the fastest growing segment is "diecast cars-wooden display aircraft"...

Edited by mingwin

I really need a U-2 spy plane (only kit is old Testors) and SR-71 "Blackbird".

Can't agree more, it's about time to have these old Italeri/Testors replaced by up to date tooling !

An A-12/SR-71 family at the Mig 29 level of quality … :woot.gif: :woot.gif: :woot.gif:

accordingly to that statement, i'll add that, from the numbers of kits they keep on shelves (at my LHS), and the surface each scale have, 1/72th have about 1/7th of the surface 1/48th kits have (aircraft only) ...so roughly i'd say that there is , at least twice the number of boxes... if not more...

as my LHS is in business since about 30 years, and have double their store's surface in the last months, i'd say that they know a little about their market... seems like scale modeling is about 1/5th of their shop, and the fastest growing segment is "diecast cars-wooden display aircraft"...

That may well be so, but I know what has and what hasn't sold. It's not my opinion, it's fact. And 1/72 decals simply do not sell.

• 7 months later...

AMX Brazilian/ Brazilian M / Italian ... Mono place and bi place.

VIGGEN AJ/JA/SK/SF

A-10A/C

Mirage IiiE/O/ series

1) Kinetic

2) Tarangus/MPM

3) Nobody

4) HPM and Kinetic

Edited by Laurent

A proper one of these...

f14-silouette-at-sunrise.jpg

Let's face it, Hasegawa and Revell's kits are outdated, Hobbyboss has shape issues, Academy's kit needs a nose job..... Someone needs to make a better tooled Tomcat then what's out now.

My 2 cents,

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

A proper one of these...

f14-silouette-at-sunrise.jpg

Let's face it, Hasegawa and Revell's kits are outdated, Hobbyboss has shape issues, Academy's kit needs a nose job..... Someone needs to make a better tooled Tomcat then what's out now.

My 2 cents,

Steven L hi2.gif

rumours AMK hobby have one in project... but don,t count on it too soon... at the pace they're going, you'll have to wait for more than a year...maybe two...

Would love to see (yes I know hobbyboss have one) but a better Mig-17F (without open panels/hatches and better fitting nose) and an option with a tail unit for " A version".

Cheers

Woops forgot I would love a range of Su-20/Su-22's too in 1/48