F-4 canopy detail inserts available (pics added)

Hello Jeffrey,

not good to read about your family matter!

But nice to see the new pictures of the set on your website! Looks really promising!

As soon as they are available I will place an order for a few sets.

Best regards,

Jens

Sorry to hear about the family issues Jeffrey. Really looking forward to the canopy sets. I think you're going to be amazed at how many you're going to sell! I've lobbied for this exact product for many years...

Sorry about your family matter. I hope everything works out OK.

As for the canopy details, all I can say is this could get very expensive for me! :D/>

Ben

OHHHH Ben!! Yaaa....f..k!!! For me too! I guess I will not build any F-4 without that stuff when canopies will be open!

We should ask for mass discount? :D :whistle:

Oh jeez another guy with a license to print money.....Ok I'm in line like everybody else...keep us updated on the progress. Will they come with the clear parts or do we need to do surgery, which has me nervous already at that thought, anytime I have to do more than glue with a clear part I'm taking tranquilizers.

Clif, having a number of Jeff's 'toom upgrades, I can say that this set will be a winner :woot.gif:

And when Jeff will start to make the safety locks for the front and main gear, then I will start to love him!! :wub:

You know, those red long boxes put on the hydraulic oleos to prevent the toom putting his belly on the ground! :woo:

• 2 weeks later...

Those look fantastic!! I'll be ordering shortly.

One tiny thing - the hooks on the canopy rails aren't up locks, they're technically down locks :)/>/>

I think Jeffrey named all the parts correctly?!

There are the downlocks (to lock the canopy down when closed) and the safety (canopy) uplocks to prevent the canopy from lowering when the hydraulic pressure disappears.

In the detail set the safety uplocks are cast in resin and can be attached to the canopy actuators.

Excellent attention to detail here!

Regards,

Jens

Edited by onescale

Many thanks Jens!! You can be my PR guy while I'm away casting :cheers:

I was going to (and will) put a post up here with pictures of the finished parts but just didn't get a chance yet as I had so many orders coming in already.

Thanks again

Jeffrey

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday,"HYPERSONICS RULES"!!! Thanks Jeffery for this much neglected but very needed product...BTW the packaging was great and shipping time just awesome!!!

Just a +1 to all the favourable responses above. These are seriously nice items, and will enhance any appropriate 'toom.

In fact, I was planning on buttoning up my Has F-4J using the one-piece canopy -it does look awesome that way! But this set demands that you find a use for it!

If you own an Academy or Hasegawa F-4 kit, you need these. Beautiful work!

I got mine yesterday, along with two sets of early tanks, and I definitely agree with your assessment, Ben - beautiful. As nice as the canopy sets are, I was even more impressed with the innovative casting of the tank halves. I really "need" the 1/72 tanks now ... more than ever!!!

Gene K