Test birds group build

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are you ready to join the test and eval squadron?

Well, our esteemed builder buddy Phantom mentioned there weren't many group builds listed for this year. I enjoyed hosting the Bare It All group build so I figured I'd try another one. So I propose to you, the ARC community, the Test and Evaluation group build. My planned build woube the F-16 VISTA aircraft. I'm thinking any aircraft that flew with a test and evaluation squadron, or any experimental aircraft would count. This would be a great reason to build that kit thats a little different than the usual Squadrons we see. Also, it'll be a wonderful way to share stories about aircraft that we don't all know a ton about. So, ya in?

Hm, I've got a few choices here. In 1/144, I have an X-1, X-3, and ShapeShipTwo and White Knight Two. In 1/48 I have an X-37B. Another 1/48 possibility is Lindberg's F11F-1, which is really the XF9F-9 prototype according to Corky Meyers.

So would an aircraft that was designed, built, flew/tested, had multiple prototypes constructed and flown but never made it into production due to the project being cancelled count (XB-70 for example)?

Regards,

Don

• 1 month later...

I haven't been on ARC consistently for some time now and I had actually had the same idea for a GB. Let's get some details hammered out and I'll be in, that is if I can get a new bench built, and an air compressor or equivelant for that matter. I spent some time with VX-9 in 03-04 so I'm thinking the playboy bunny tomcat. Or maybe BF-1 or CF-1 from VX-23, depending on decals.

You have the required 25+ votes so if you want this GB to be considered by the mods you should post the details in the GB proposal section. Otherwise not a lot will happen I'm afraid....