Tamiya 1/48 F-35B, kit 61125 coming in November

On 8/31/2023 at 4:23 AM, habu2 said:

This is welcome news, but I really Really REALLY wish someone would release a C model - preferably Tamiya.

B is "excellent" enough for me, but C of course is an addition I'm in for at least 2, I'm sure it won't be an over-engineered kit.

Edited by flybywire
8 hours ago, Buckmeister said:

Japan doesn’t fly the C, so I wouldn’t bet on it.

Why does that matter? Using that logic, Tamiya would not have released an F-14, or F-117, or F-16, or any of the other non Japan operated aircraft they've released. 

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

Why does that matter? Using that logic, Tamiya would not have released an F-14, or F-117, or F-16, or any of the other non Japan operated aircraft they've released. 

Regarding jets, Tamiya has not released even any kit with Japan markings for many years, so I do believe their models are not directed for Japan market in general, I suppose.

2 hours ago, Solo said:

Regarding jets, Tamiya has not released even any kit with Japan markings for many years, so I do believe their models are not directed for Japan market in general, I suppose.

Their 1/48 F-35A was released only last year and had Japanese markings, as does their 1/72 version, released a few months ago, so it hasn’t been “many years”.

And this is how it happens... I restarted this hobby during lockdown with the Tamiya 1/48 F-14A. A wonderful kit as we all know, then a couple more of the same era like an A-6, Harrier Gr7 and Kinetic Hawkeye all in the same scale. Next I purchased myself the MPC 1/48 Eagle from Space 1999 for my 50th, followed by the Tam Phantom, then the Tam F-35, and Revell's SR-71 and then I read this....

HELP... I'm building a stash😅

Andy

On 9/1/2023 at 10:25 PM, stalal said:

That is a welcome news. 

I have liked B version more than A. The B version with all its doors and bays open looks like some character from Transformers movie. 🙂

Didn't buy the A, waiting for the B  & C to come out, now B is almost here.