Thanks for sharing this.  It looks like they have zeroed in on the details that no other manufacturer (except Monogram in the 1980s's!) has gotten right, namely the nose and the windscreen.  Even the Academy kit, which looks pretty good, didn't quite get it in those respects.

3 hours ago, Craig Baldwin said:

Check their Facebook page, it is an open page so no FB membership is required to view.

What's the  secret handshake to view an "open page" (I'm not a member so  can't get in) ?

EDIT: This link worked for me: 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100038918276549&story_fbid=1024958702144729

The GWH kit has been brought up before in some of the "other" A-10 threads and here, but no info on the release date ... or details as you've shown. Most recent info I saw was that it was supposed to have been shown at the Sept hobby show in Japan.

Gene

Edited by GeneK

JUST saw this in the Modelling News this minute!  I am so thrilled...this one of several new models I have been waiting for more details about, and now some of those details are finally here! WooHoo!  i've been working (very, VERY slowly) on my Academy A-10C, while hoping that this promised GWH version would end up being reality, and possibly even better, though I must say I've been very happy with the Academy kit!  I'm still going to finish my Academy airplane, as it  looks really nice, and I've used the best aftermarket stuff, such as the Phase Hangar intake and exhaust for the engines.  Maybe such aftermarket improvements for the GWH won't be needed...we  will  see!!  From the first  glance at the plastic parts, the intake fans look fabulously detailed, and even the depth of the fan inside the intake looks like it's going to be fine, without need for correction.  Fantastic!  The only disappointing thing I saw in the Modelling News article was a likely projected release date of early 2024, instead of the 2023 release that had been previously stated.

I'm super happy this is really coming!!

Edited by Curt B
Added text.

Kit prices are up there for sure, and as you pointed out even this GWH Hog won't be cheap, but AM corrections and time to fix the Trumpeter (enlarged Tamiya kit) roach gets it in the same range. And I would rather pay the difference to save me the bench time. Then again, even this kit will need AM which would of course be carried into 1/32.

I am really happy to see GWH/Lion Roar come out with a 1/4 scale A-10C kit the same as Academy. Hopefully it wont be as pricey as the F-14B. My wish was to be able to make either an "A" or a "C" in one kit though. Guess I am still wishing for a "new tool" A version or a "combo" kit as I mentioned. Oh well, these new kits look fantastic.

16 hours ago, taggor said:

I am really happy to see GWH/Lion Roar come out with a 1/4 scale A-10C kit the same as Academy. Hopefully it wont be as pricey as the F-14B. My wish was to be able to make either an "A" or a "C" in one kit though. Guess I am still wishing for a "new tool" A version or a "combo" kit as I mentioned. Oh well, these new kits look fantastic.

GWH has said they are doing an A-10A after the C.  They don't have a history of putting multiple versions in one box, so I would not expect them to start doing that with the A-10.

On 9/17/2023 at 10:53 AM, Buckmeister said:

GWH has said they are doing an A-10A after the C.  They don't have a history of putting multiple versions in one box, so I would not expect them to start doing that with the A-10.

Thanks for this info. That's great news. I will be looking foreward to the A version too.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty nice.  Nice effort on the fan blades, something nobody else seemed willing to tackle to that level.  Nose also looks really good.  As "slow" as kit production is these days, the ones coming out seem to be setting a better standard.  The old argument of them being in the money business and making kits that have a wide appeal  still holds as they need to make money to stay in business.  So the off-chances of seeing this quality in a 1AB1F2 Wifferdill is unlikely.  

Still Jonesing for the Trumpeter 1/32 F-106 they promised in 2003.    :-/

1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m just happy that it looks like they got the intake at the right depth, which seems to be a problem for some companies who put the fan too far forward.

Absolutely!!!  Phase Hangar did a great fix for the intake fan and outlet nozzle for the Academy A-10C, which I'm in the process of building, and they might do the same for the GWH kit, if needed, but I'd certainly rather that the kit is accurate.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Solo said:

Nothing.
But if the have got box cover, there will be launch of the product rather soon. 2-3 months?

Thanks for the pic! Really looking forward to this one.

Yes, I'm hoping to see this kit hit the street soon!   i'd posted earlier in this thread about the  depth of the engine intake fans, hoping they got that correct without the need for aftermarket correction for a deeper set  fan.  I'm not convinced that they really ddid get this right, so I'm waiting to see if they really did nail it.  If they didn't, AND if the rest of the details are better than the Academy kit, I might still get this GWH version, even plus the cost of an intake fix.  We will see, but I'm truly anxious to see how it all turns out!

1 hour ago, Curt B said:

Yes, I'm hoping to see this kit hit the street soon!   i'd posted earlier in this thread about the  depth of the engine intake fans, hoping they got that correct without the need for aftermarket correction for a deeper set  fan.  I'm not convinced that they really ddid get this right, so I'm waiting to see if they really did nail it.  If they didn't, AND if the rest of the details are better than the Academy kit, I might still get this GWH version, even plus the cost of an intake fix.  We will see, but I'm truly anxious to see how it all turns out!

The photos that have been released show very clearly that the intakes are the correct depth.