AMT/Ertl Boeing EC-135C Looking Glass 1:72

Finally, the Looking Glass has been finished.

The model as seen in 1997 at the 7st Airborne &Control Sqdn, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, NE.

If you like to see pics from the build, you can do that under that link: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/331607-amt-ec-135c-looking-glass-with-milstar-dome-172/&tab=comments#comment-3110484

Thank you for Looking.

55.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

72.jpg

56.jpg

Edited by AWACS-RESIN

Absolutely fan-friggin-tastic build Jost.   I used to live next to Offutt and would see these Looking Glass aircraft fly all the time.   Can't wait to see your finished Combat Sent and then your Rivet Joint.   And while you're at it, you might as well go ahead and build a Cobra Ball.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, pminer said:

Amazing work! I love the subject. Rare and beautiful. How did you solve the wing droop problem with the AMT kit?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

thanks for your comment.

I actually didn't have a big problem with the wings. I filled the relatively large gaps at the transition from the center wing to the outer wing, reinforced them and brought them to the same height. The outer wings were very straight and very stable after assembly. When building my RC-135U Combat Sent I did the same thing, but I also added square bars for reinforcement. This was a precaution because I used resin CFM56, which are quite heavy. No problem so far.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/333336-rc-135u-combat-sent-172/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-3121520

16 hours ago, AWACS-RESIN said:

Paul,

thanks for your comment.

I actually didn't have a big problem with the wings. I filled the relatively large gaps at the transition from the center wing to the outer wing, reinforced them and brought them to the same height. The outer wings were very straight and very stable after assembly. When building my RC-135U Combat Sent I did the same thing, but I also added square bars for reinforcement. This was a precaution because I used resin CFM56, which are quite heavy. No problem so far.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/333336-rc-135u-combat-sent-172/page/2/&tab=comments#comment-3121520

Thanks for your reply! What did you mean that you added "square bars"? Thanks!

On 10/1/2023 at 10:54 AM, AWACS-RESIN said:

Thank you for your comment.

Most of my models are stored in light plywood boxes,which also allows me to carry them to model shows.

IMG_8716.jpg

Have you got pics of your E-3 AWACS?

• 1 month later...