I havent ordered from Sprue Brothers in a while (5 or so years) and I have made a few orders in the last few months.

the last 3 orders had issues with the shipping that sent them all over the continent. the last one is out for delivery in St. johns Newfoundland.

I live in Vancouver.
is anyone else having these issues, or have I offended yhe gods somehow?

Bit of a tangent, maybe, and a different country, but last winter had an overnight US Postal Service delivery which was indeed correctly addressed to go from Kansas City, Missouri, to my town in central Missouri, take a few days to make multiple round trips between Kansas City, Kansas, and someplace in Arizona.

A thing which delights me is that Sprue Brothers is about 14 miles from where my parents live, about a hundred miles from where I live.

6 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Is the address correct?  Because if the address on the package they send you is correct, then it’s out of Sprue Brother’s hands after it goes out the door.  If the package is taking a grand tour around Canada, that sounds like an issue for the post office.

yes the label shows the correct address. the problem seems to be with the electronic entry for the shipping. I just find it weird that it happened 3 times in a row.

6 hours ago, dylan said:

yes the label shows the correct address. the problem seems to be with the electronic entry for the shipping. I just find it weird that it happened 3 times in a row.

Do you mean the bar code on the label is wrong?  All the bar code should be is just the address and maybe the mailing service (priority, first class, etc.). The bar code should only have the final destination.  It doesn’t tell the post office the route it takes to get it from Sprue Brothers to your house.

8 hours ago, dylan said:

There's no problem if you are actually getting your packages.  Were the packages being sent via USPS mail services?  Any USPS shipping service that includes a tracking number requires a full address to be provided to USPS.  That means one possibility is you are putting in your own address incorrectly (I see this quite often when I sell internationally).  

It's also possible that due to the geographical location of Sprue Bros, anything they send to Canada goes through a port of entry not close to you.  If Sprue Bros is using UPS Surepost, then it might be getting routed through a main UPS international terminal that is on the opposite side of the country.  

Never had a problem with SprueBrothers, always received what I ordered, always timely.  OTOH, nothing but problems with KitLinx, either stock is out even though listed as in stock, package showing shipped and delivered on their website when USPS says still awaiting delivery by vendor, then trying to substitute for OOS items.  And, when they finally do ship, it takes two weeks.  So, stick with SprueBrothers.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Do you mean the bar code on the label is wrong?  All the bar code should be is just the address and maybe the mailing service (priority, first class, etc.). The bar code should only have the final destination.  It doesn’t tell the post office the route it takes to get it from Sprue Brothers to your house.

the label had my correct address, but when it was scanned it was sent to a different part of the country.  In Canada each provence will have its own lettwr. for example Manitoba all begin with R.  so for it to be scanned and sent the completely wrong direction means that someone typed in the correct thing to create the label, then entered the incorrect thing on the computer.

1 hour ago, sigtau said:

There's no problem if you are actually getting your packages.  Were the packages being sent via USPS mail services?  Any USPS shipping service that includes a tracking number requires a full address to be provided to USPS.  That means one possibility is you are putting in your own address incorrectly (I see this quite often when I sell internationally).  

It's also possible that due to the geographical location of Sprue Bros, anything they send to Canada goes through a port of entry not close to you.  If Sprue Bros is using UPS Surepost, then it might be getting routed through a main UPS international terminal that is on the opposite side of the country.  

there is a big problem. in that the package went to Toronto to be accepted into Canada then was directed to the wrong province. THREE TIMES.
most of the population in Canada lives in a straight line north of the U.S  border. (more or less) so for something to go east instead of west meabns there was a huge screw up.  Canada post for all its flaws is usually really good at getting stuff right.

Agree with others, this is a postal service problem, not Sprue Brothers. Often times it is worth the extra expense to select another delivery service (UPS, FedEx, etc) just so your local postal service can't touch it.

I ordered a kit off eBay from a seller in Japan last week.  It was originally scheduled to be delivered tomorrow via FedEx, but it’s been sitting in the same spot now for 5 days in Japan. I’m guessing it’s some sort of customs facility?  
But I’m curious to see where all it travels once it hits the states. 

I run a small business and I made the decision to not ship to Canada. Canada Customs is ran by sub humans who send packages back or detain packages for no good reason. I am obsessive compulsive with shipping, I make sure all addresses are 100% correct, custom forms filled out with the correct HS code, commercial invoices included (X3) and still, they mess up. I rather ship to Iran.