Trumpeter 1/32nd Su-27

• 4 weeks later...
Have you tried Fookes Easy Thumb Nails (www.fookes.com) to reduce picture size. It does so with minmun loss of quality.

Regards

John

Hi all, I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas time. For me, and probably most people, it has been a time for family. I've not been near the model bench for days, however, here are a couple of pics of what I managed before Chrimbo:

tn_Pc260033a.jpg

The images are re-sized using the programme you suggested John. Thank you for the info.

tn_Pc260034a.jpg

The buff coloured blob is intended to represent the cockpit cover, the red things are the intake covers, in case you had n't guessed :worship:

I've managed to all but finish the airframe now. The Odd-Rods are fitted, the spine antenna is on and I've managed to make some static discharge rods on the trailing edge of the wing/fin/taileron surfaces. All that is left is the last pesky rail and the ladder. I don't expect to get much done now until next week so with that in mind..........

Happy New Year everyone :yahoo:

:D

:beer4:

Hi all,

I've just whiled away a happy hour (and some!) reading this post from beginning to end! I'm about to start work on the Trump Flanker and was looking for inspiration.

Mr GW - your AMAZING build has by turns inspired and appalled me by its complexity! I started reading thinking about all the things you have done which I could try, but as I read on I stopped thinking such nonsense and simply enjoyed seeing a real enthusiast, nay, artist applying his excessive modelling gifts to a brilliant subject. (shame about the photographic skills tho :P but its nice to know you're human too!)

Most modellers admit that even the best presented and weathered result is still just a rendering of the genuine article in plastic. You have achieved something very rare in scale modelling - a rendering of a plastic kit that actually looks genuinely, really real. (And all without an airbrush?!!?)

Truly excellent work my son!

Al

Happy New Year to you too

Your build is a reference for al of us :D

My build is at a halt, because my instrument panel for my flightsimulator cockpit is taking to much time(see my build page)

But i will pick it up later, i promisse!

Edited by Wasserfall

Hiya Geedub

Holy Moly. As I said once before, I wouldn't know a Flanker if it sucked me in and spit me out the afterburner well done, but your build looks like a real airplane. If you did some forced perspective photography with a good background, you could fool a ton of people. I am not big on jets, but I know a good model when I see one, and yours rates right up there with some of the best I've seen.

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, thanks for the kind words. Comments like these have been the encouragement I've needed to finish this project. I would've never guessed what I was getting into some 22&1/2 months ago.

It's been a long trip and a valuable learning experience. I hope I can take some of what I've discovered forward with me to the next builds.

This update will be the last on the In-Progress thread. :D

I hope you've all enjoyed this excursion as much as I have. It's been a long time coming.......

Anyhoo, here are the last few pics. The ladder has been the last item to complete and has been a real challenge! I'm still not 100% happy with it but it's the best I can do. If it spoils the look of the aircraft I'll just leave it on the ground as window dressing.

In the photo below you can see the various stages in creating the ladder steps:

tn_P1040036.jpg

#1 is the blank plate, scored lightly for the first folds.

#2 shows the holes pressed through from behind to form the lightening holes and rivet details.

#3 is a reverse view which shows the end plates folded into position. The side cheeks fold up against them to form the step.

#4 just needs the waste material trimmimg. Just another seven to go then..... ;)

The next pic is one of the side rails formed from bent wire. Trying to get both sides identical was too much for me but I gave it my best shot (close,....but no cigar :P )

tn_P1040038.jpg

And a little closer.....

tn_P1040039.jpg

I'm just shooting off to take pics of the finished item, back in a minute or two.......... B)

phew!! O.k....I'm back

Here are a few of the finished article.

Side view.....

tn_P1070002.jpg

This is mkII of the ladder. I've used a finer gauge of wire this time around.

In the shot below the flash brings out the weathering a little...

tn_P1070005.jpg

In daylight the wear on the treads is pretty obvious although it does n't show too well here. I've also added a little chipping and dis-coloured paint...

A little closer

tn_P1070006.jpg

Finally, a sneak preview of the offending item in situ

tn_P1070008.jpg

I'll see you guys in Critiques when the weather is kind to me for some outside pics.

Thanks for stopping by, it's been a blast..................

:cheers:

Edited by geedubelyer
  • 5 months later...

Modify the little flick in the articulation edge root means modify the wing root along, the resulting surface is better but provokes a chain effect across the surface of the flanker.basically construct a little convex between the wings in the fuselage upper surface.that convexity is a straight line in the line between the flaps articulation line.

Edited by FOXBAT2000
Modify the little flick in the articulation edge root means modify the wing root along, the resulting surface is better but provokes a chain effect across the surface of the flanker.basically construct a little convex between the wings in the fuselage upper surface.that convexity is a straight line in the line between the flaps articulation line.

umm,......thanks........I think? :cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
thats unbelievable. I wish my Flanker would looks half as good as yours. BTW is there anyway i can check the photos on begining of this tread?

Hi Janne, thanks for your kind words, much appreciated.

I re-organised my Photo-bucket albums and I guess I broke the links. I apologise,..... I did n't think about that and I have n't looked at this thread for some time.

I'll see if I can re-aquire the images for you. :cheers:

:doh:

*Edit*...Nope, they're not in my Photo-bucket albums......

I'll have a look elsewhere and see what I can do tomorrow Janne, o.k?

Edited by geedubelyer
That would be great, thanks qeedubelyer.

My pleasure Janne. Thanks for bringing the picture issue to my attention.

I've just spent the whole evening loading pics on Photo-bucket and re-posting the links so most of the early (pre-virus) images should be back up.

I hope you enjoy them and find them of interest.

B)

My pleasure Janne. Thanks for bringing the picture issue to my attention.

I've just spent the whole evening loading pics on Photo-bucket and re-posting the links so most of the early (pre-virus) images should be back up.

I hope you enjoy them and find them of interest.

:)

Man, you RULE. Thank you so much for uploading pictures again, i will greatly enjoy your thread once again. THANKS!

:yahoo:

After i re-watched yours first seven pages, all i can say is: From now on, you are my model hero number one. :shoot: B)

Edited by Berkut