Well Son of a biscuit eater!

The A7 sets are for sale?

I thought that you were sending out a pre-emptive email Chris to your customers / forum members when they were ready for sale?!!!!

Isn't that what your first email several weeks ago stated?

Any idea when you you will be caught up with your back orders so I can order one?

Thanks

Edited by Firecaptain

Yeehaa! Guess what I got in the mail today?

Bee-yoo-tee-ful! :whistle:

Absolutely fantastic work, the canopy is pristine, just clear as can be.

My only regret is not ordering more sets. :woot.gif:

Thanks Zactoman, great of you to offer these up for sale!

Very pleased,

Aaron

Goodness gratious! Thanks for all the nice feedback! :D

Now somebody please build one!!!

Well Son of a biscuit eater!

The A7 sets are for sale?

I thought that you were sending out a pre-emptive email Chris to your customers / forum members when they were ready for sale?!!!!

Isn't that what your first email several weeks ago stated?

Any idea when you you will be caught up with your back orders so I can order one?

From my e-mail:

"I will probably start taking pre-orders for the A-7 kits if the photo-etch is delayed much longer. I'll be posting updates at the ARC forums and updating my website. I'll also be sending out an e-mail announcement when parts become available...Sorry about the delay..."

I gave the ARC viewers first shot as with all my previous products...

I recieved about twice as many pre-orders as I had castings and vacforms for so I didn't send out a mass e-mailing yet.

I did update the website and removed the pre-order status and mentioned the photo-etch problem.

:deadhorse1: I have a photo-etch vendor lined up! Hopefully the next batch of packages I mail out will include them...

How soon will I be caught up? I'm not sure.

I'm molding and casting as fast as I can. Mr. Tigger is making me vac parts as fast as he can but had a delay. The etch vendor sounded willing to do something quickly, but I haven't gotten the films to send him yet...

I had tentative plans to go to the Nats next week and I think we are going so I'll be AWOL for about 1 week...

Hopefully in two to three weeks I'll be all caught up.

I am accepting orders in the mean time and filling them as I can...

I'm still backed up with unanswered e-mails and trying to get to a few a day between casting and stuff...

I finally escaped the hustle and bustle of L.A. and now I'm too busy to enjoy myself...... :doh:

:)

To answer an e-mail question with a picture,

Yes the Aires pit will work with the Zactomodels parts.

Some material needs to be removed from the Aires pit to fit the windscreen framing as shown here:

Airestrim.jpg

A little material can be removed from the lower outer edge of the frame to allow the windscreen to fit flush with the fuselage sides:

Frametrim.jpg

With a little work it can be made to fit...

withAirespit.jpg

Those who aren't using the seamless intake will need to remove some material from the top of the intake adapter ring to allow the Aires pit to fit. The seamless intake already has this done.

I'm not sure if the Zactomodels parts will work with the Avionoix (BlackBox) pit. I imagine with a little work anything is possible...

HTH

Note: Be careful removing the frame pieces from their "shipping container". Tear or cut away the 'container'. The parts are hot-melted in place.

Don't try just grabbing and pulling them out! :coolio:

:coolio:

I'm right there with ya boiler! i haven't got my yet either. :doh:

hopefully i'll have a box waiting for me at home when i get off of work. not that it really matters, i can't start on this thing until we move. enough sob story. can't wait to start seeing these babies in some built models!

Bill

This is pretty to watch Zactoman :doh:

It looks like you have excelled once again my friend. Truly outstanding. The windshield framing alone deserves a medal...just breath-taking. :worship:

Zactoman Posted Today, 01:24 AM

Goodness gratious! Thanks for all the nice feedback!

Now somebody please build one!!!

I second that, I can't wait to see a finished item with some paint on it.

Hi Chris!

(~snippety-snip~)

You know, the Trumpeter A-10 could use a similar windscreen and nose job

Hint Hint...

You da Man-

Pig

"Now I'd buy that for a dollar....!".......or however much it costs ;)

Maybe it's something to consider after the Black Widow II? Fingers crossed.... :D

:cheers:

Got my set yesterday :banana:

Excellent packing job Chris :rofl:

Nice work as usual. Looking forward to getting the A-7 built. Of course I have to finish the Su-27 first using your correction set. :rofl:

Thanks for the prompt shipping and excellent product.

Jeff

One of mine showed Friday. Impressive packing! I like the idea of placing the frame in a cup. the work is impressive. Now my wife has gotten into CRNA masters program, I'm having to finish up a lot of projects around the house before I can get started. Such as a 4 year bathroom remodeling project, adding two bedrooms to the basement to seperate the four kids, etc......

My mail carrier disappointed me again today... <_<
I wish I had sent out more before running out of parts... :cheers:

I'm leaving tomorrow for the Nats but cutting my trip short to get back to casting parts.

Mr. Tigger has sent me the next batch of vac parts so I'll start sending out more kits as soon as I return home next week.

Photo-etch is still 2-3 weeks out but is being taken care of.

Now I have to go find a kit...

not that it really matters, i can't start on this thing until we move...

Looking forward to getting the A-7 built. Of course I have to finish the Su-27 first...

I'm having to finish up a lot of projects around the house before I can get started...

It'll be a while before i can work on mine as well...

:explode:

Enough with the excuses!

Where are your priorities???

How can you call yourselves modelmakers???

Now patiently awaiting the 1/72 version for the Hobby Boss kit.
1/72??? That's not even close to 1/32! I doubt these old eyes could handle that!
Chris, are any of these sets going to be available at the IPMS Nats, next week? Just curious. Thanks, Don M.
No...It wouldn't be fair if I was selling them there when I have all these back-orders here!

Besides, I'm out of parts!

I will be there though and I'm thinking of taking parts to show off (I'm even considering taking my YF-23), but I don't have a vendor table or even a room so I have to carry anything I bring with me or leave it in the car...Any vendor types have some spare table space?

I hope to meet some of you there! Please introduce yourselves if you see me (I'm the tall bald guy with the beautiful Zactowoman accompanying me (on Friday at least, on Saturday I'll be the tall bald guy who's all alone... :( ).

:cheers:

Enough with the excuses!

Where are your priorities???

How can you call yourselves modelmakers???

:cheers: you sir are right! i hang my head in shame. i mean, do we really NEED a house big enough for the family?? as long as i can build, that's all i need right. i clearly have some soul searching to do. <_<

Bill

Hi there

I still have not recieved my set as of yet,what is happening?.

Cheers Clive.

What is happening is I got way more orders than I anticipated...

I managed to fill all of the orders placed on the first two days (7/29 and 7/30) and about half the orders placed on 7/31. (Except for a few who said they were willing to wait until the photo-etch is ready) before running out of canopy vacs.

I have been gone this last week attending the IPMS Nats and hoped there would be a box of vacforms waiting for me when I returned but it's not here yet. It was shipped before I left so it should be here any day.

I think those who received their parts will vouch for me in saying that the parts are worth the wait... :thumbsup:

I'm molding and casting parts as fast as I can but I do have a high reject rate, especially on the seamless intake, but it seems that everybody who is ordering is getting the combo with the seamless intake!. (Not that I'm complaining! Too many orders is a good thing?)

Sorry to those of you who haven't received your orders yet...I am doing my best...

Chris :cheers: