Hasegawa F/A-18F Super Hornet

Hi all,

Here's the latest creation to roll off my workbench: Hasegawa's 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet, as finished in Mr Color paint and kit markings from the first boxing. Full info here: www.jonbryon.com/fa18f.html

Comments welcome

Cheers

Jon

FA18F_014.JPG

FA18F_018.JPG

FA18F_027.JPG

FA18F_005.JPG

Beautiful build Jon!

My only critique would be that the panel line wash looks to be slightly too dark. But that is just my opinion, and with that small nit pick aside, I think you have built a stunning model.

Well done... :thumbsup:

Mark

F A N T A S T I C...I angree with the previous comment about the panel lines but that is a personal opinion about your model without degrading the final outcome, once more Great modeling ^_^

Thanks for all the feedback! Just a couple of responses.

I like dark panel line washes as a personal preference. I personally don't aim for an accurate finish, but a stylised one. It's just what I prefer.

Regarding the tailplanes, I was aware that they usually droop, but I just don't like the way they look that way :-) But I was also aware of a photo (in this thread: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry922905) which appears to show powered down (or at least, pilotless) E and F Super Hornets with straight tailplanes and undropped flaps, so I was comfortable modelling the tails this way (and I'll also be comfortable building my Revell F/A-18E with the flaps up for the same reason :-)

Cheers

Jon