1/35 MH-60L SOAR nightstalker

Hi there, first of all i am new in the helicopter world , always been an airplane builder, so here is my first work on choppers, i will try to make this one look acceptable to all the chopper fans, so far i have been working on the interior of the blackhawk, not much so far, here are some pictures of this build Here is the overall view of the cabin so far IMG_0187.jpg the top side of the cabin, this was done from pictures i found, i didnt like the flat roof of the model IMG_0202.jpg The center console IMG_0163.jpg main panel IMG_0177.jpgIMG_0192.jpgIMG_0199.jpg This is what is done so far

Edited by jorge Oppenheimer

Looking really good. The roof looks nice. One thing on it though, the forward rod across the ceiling is for the seat supports and should be much smaller than what you have. The rear pole assembly is the FRIES (Fast Rope Insertion and Extraction System) and looks pretty good.

Here is a pic to see what I mean.

34_rear_crew_compartment_roof_4.JPG

Yes you are right, the rod is to big in diameter, i will change it,

The screens is a secret they are made of sequins from my daughter dress, please dont tell here, she will kill me

Oh what great lengths we will go. Nice work so far.

Well, not much work on my proyect this week, to much flying these 4 days, but i managed to put the fuselage together and add some little detail like removing the plastic grids and add the metal ones, here are some pics

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Jorge:

I'm watching with great interest and will be starting a DAP in the not to distant future (doing some research right now). GREAT JOB SO FAR! Your use of sequins for MFD screens is something that I have not seen done before. It's great to see people think "outside the box" when looking for a new material or technique in our never ending quest for realism and authenticity. Keep up the good work, and thank you for taking the time to chronicle your work for all to enjoy and admire!

Best Regards,

Marc

Hey loving this build, will be keeping a close eye. Makes me want to start my MH-60G PaveHawk from Academy! will definatley use yours as a reference.

btw when can i get hold of that metal mesh you have?