Any word on the 1/48 Kittyhawk CF-101B Voodoo?

Note I put "CF-101B", we had the prettiest Voodoo's!

I haven't heard any updates on this release. I wasn't keen on the single seater although I have seen some beautiful builds of it. I hope the poor fit doesn't cancel this planned release.

I wish Hasegawa would step up and release a new kit in 1/48, where has Hasegawa gone? A Voodoo or a T-Bird would be a good start.

We used to get some Canadian ships in at Minot, especially our sister squadron, 416.

One of the best American 101s I saw was at Dover in 1973:

scan0071-1.jpg

It's a future project.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great! that was the variant i was hoping for! happy to see it getting closer...as it was rumored on another thread that asian market interest wasn't there... if it ends being "shape" accurate, i'll buy a couple for sure!

Edited by mingwin

I am a huge Voodoo fan, especially the 'B' and 'F' (I still remember the closeout weekend in 1987 and the last official flight...:crying2:). What a great sounding jet! So I'll be grabbing one of these...but keeping my Monogram kits as well.

:cheers:

Great! that was the variant i was hoping for! happy to see it getting closer...as it was rumored on another thread that asian market interest wasn't there... if it ends being "shape" accurate, i'll buy a couple for sure!

I was flat out told that was the case. Glad to see this. But I think I saw this box art before.

So do we know if they are doing something about the PE in the cockpit. To me that was a step back.

I like these markings but I am sure I have seen these already. Were they released by someone else some time ago?

I was flat out told that was the case. Glad to see this. But I think I saw this box art before.

indeed, that boxart was already uploaded on the KittyHawk website months ago... the new thing, is that the manufacturer claim on his facbook page that we are closer to the release...

So do we know if they are doing something about the PE in the cockpit. To me that was a step back.

I like these markings but I am sure I have seen these already. Were they released by someone else some time ago?

Hasegawa rebox of the revell-monogram kit for the Japanese market have the very same scheme on its box.

Edited by mingwin

AeroMaster 'Century Wings' (48-506) has that very aircraft. I got this (big!) sheet from Misterkit in Italy a while back; there are probably a few still around if you dig deep...

That particular Voodoo has been done to death I think. It was on the initial and re-release of the Revell 1/72, and it was also on an old Microscale/SuperScale sheet in 1/72. Admittedly, it probably is the most spectacular paint job on a USAF B (the Canadians had some specials that were more so), but I think it's kinda goofy.

That particular Voodoo has been done to death I think. It was on the initial and re-release of the Revell 1/72, and it was also on an old Microscale/SuperScale sheet in 1/72. Admittedly, it probably is the most spectacular paint job on a USAF B (the Canadians had some specials that were more so), but I think it's kinda goofy.

at least, it's written on the boxart; 2 decals sheets for 5 different marking options.

let's hope that there'll be some nice Canadian markings amongst them.

I asked on their FB page if RCAF markings were being included/considered and did not get a reply. I have a fairly involved sheet from LE Decals so I am covered if I ever buy one of these. I'm going to wait first to see how some builds go before I purchase one.

Brad

Yeah I have a couple of the various LE sheets as well and they are indeed pretty extensive for Canadian Voodoo's should KH not include any. Honestly, if the kit does get released then you just know the aftermarket companies will be all over doing Voodoo decals for both the USAF and Canadian One-O-Ones. I wouldn't mind seeing the "Happy Hooligans":

http://www.grissomairmuseum.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/F-101s_2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Military-Aviation-14/North-Dakota-Air-National/i-PTQhdMV/0/O/F-101BANG%2000005%20A%20taxing%20McDonnell%20F-101B%20Voodoo%20North%20Dakota%20ANG%2080296%20Happy%20Hooligans%203-1976%20Travis%20AFB%20military%20airplane%20picture%20by%20Peter%20B%20Lewis.jpg

Or Oregon ANG F-101's (I like the tail markings):

http://media.defense.gov/2007/Oct/16/2000441023/-1/-1/0/071016-F-1234S-016.JPG

And Texas ANG:

http://www.aviationphotocompany.com/img/s9/v92/p1392642884-3.jpg

http://www.aviationphotocompany.com/img/s9/v97/p1625181770-3.jpg

I really hope this kit comes to light!

Edited by Don

...a rather weird looking gateguard...biggrin.gif

You probably already know this but Canada painted a number of Voodoo's up in similar camouflage schemes to cut down the glare on the normal Voodoo grey during Maple Flag exercises:

http://www.warplane.com/images/Aircraft/Voodoo9.jpg

Edited by Don

I believe Canuck Models is doing the art for the Kinetic kit. So you probably might see some Canadian markings included.

Canuck Models also has a CAF Voodoo sheet already. Speaking of which I should go get it. I will then have all the CAF Voodoo sheets I need. Too many in fact, I have Belcher Bits, Leading Edge and soon the Canuck Models. Okay just need to get more kits I guess.