Poll: Tomcat Poll

Dude, I can't possibly narrow it down to only one! The first and last schemes of VF-84, the final appearance of -103's line birds...NFWS "Red 31"...VF-41's last scheme...VF-102's first scheme for sure...

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

VF-84 Jolly Rogers, circa 1977.

This is a cult favorite amound aviation enthusiast and armchair quarterbacks alike. Just something so cool about those Skull and Crossbones on a black tail.

Seconds- I'll go for VF-31 Tomcatters. Felix the cat carrying a bomb is just tool cool.

Can't narrow it down to one, but here's a few hi viz faves of mine:-

Late VF-11 CAGs with the blue nose and tails

Miss Molly

1996, '98 & 2000 VF-154 CAGs

VF-21 all the way though

VF-31, especially the black and yellow tails

And all the others, (non-committal or what?!)

'Spose I should mention a certain pirate's flag tailed squadron....(always liked them)

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106
Historic value? The Tomcat may be a great plane, but none of them really have historic value.

Another child heard from. Anyone have a pacifier? When we speak of historic value, we are making reference to squadron history. You can start your flame war somewhere else.

Edited by Sig Saur & Son
Historic value? The Tomcat may be a great plane, but none of them really have historic value.

Well tell that to the Libians.

All time Fav, well I gotta go with the old tired same ol same ol. VF-84 Circa 76/77 with the canted modex numbers

Jim

In the 30-something years of HISTORY that the USN had with the Tomcat, I'd have to say that my Favourite Markings for the F-14 are the lo-vis markings worn by VF-31 in their last days with the F-14D. Practical as anything in Lo-Vis, but still with some real character with the Felix the cat character on the tail. (Another emblem that has a lot of HISTORY in US Naval Aviation.)

VF-143 Pukin Dogs CAG Hi-viz scheme, even the lo-vis version is cool. The winged dog on the tails looking like it is dry heaving (to me) is just sort unique. The contrasting blue colours in the scheme is way cool for me too.F-14-013-A5.jpg

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo