To make the website cleaner and everyone's planned builds more accessable, we are going to have this pinned thread to list everyone's plans. Please enter only your proposed builds. Any comments should be made in another thread to keep this one easier to navigate. Enter your builds in this fashion, and you can put as many as you want in each post.

your name

kit scale and manufacturer

aftermarket products

markings/pilot/crew/location/date

any additional info like a color profile, pic, etc.

Thanks, and have fun!

Giggidy!

I have 5, but I'll start with three: Accurate Miniatures Yak 1 and IL-2m3, and Eduard's Yak 3-all OOB. If there's time, I'll try to get in an AMTech HS 123, and maybe the MPM P-63 (don't hold your breath on that one :lol: ).

And I'll edit this as the situation warrants.

Ken

First edit-I also have a Hobbycraft I-16 in the stash that I'll add to my list-OOB, of course.

Second edit-Hasegawa Hs-129B-2, II./Sch.G.1 (to go with the IL-2m3).

Final edit-I'm dropping the HS-123; with all the other GBs I'm in there simply won't be time. Needless to say, the P-63 is out too. IL-2m3 is on the bench as I type and the Hobbycraft I-16 follows.

Edited by WymanV

I've just started work on an AM Yak-1b, so I guess it will fit here. Very little work has been done on it thus far, so it qualifies. As for a second entry, I ordered a 1/48 LaGG-3 Series 4 from a Russian based company called "Southern Front" off of eBay a couple days ago and it probably won't arrive for a couple weeks. Even though the "guaranteed varnished coffin" was a wretched plane, it has some nice looks that are pleasing to my eye. I'll be charting some new groud with this kit as it is so new that nothing has really been written up on it yet in terms of kit reviews (at least not in English, although I did find a russian one).

I'll post the particulars on any aftermarket parts or decals I plan to use on the pages. Right now, I've still not decided how I want to paint the Yak yet and the LaGG is even more of a questionmark.

I got a wild hare and opted to shift gears tonight. So instead of the Yak-1, I am doing a 1/48 P-39 for my first build. Plans are to do the Hasegawa P-39N/Q out of the box and do it up as Capt Rechkalov's plane, assuming I can find proper decals to do it. Otherwise it will be a simple P-39 in Russian markings or some other ace's markings depending on what I can find. Pokryskhin's plane would be another possibility as well.

I picked the kit up this afternoon and started work tonight on the cockpit. I am going to try and see how quick I can get this model done as ideally I would love to finish it for a contest in Des Moines in two weeks. After that, I will either go back to the Yak or start on the LaGG-3 if it has arrived by then.

Jay Chladek

Hasegawa P-39

no aftermarket except for decals

Capt Rechkalov, 16 Gv.IAD, 5 VA, Ukranian Front 1944 (if I can find markings for it)

The plan for this is to stick to OOB as much as possible with maybe only tape seatbelts as the accessory for the cockpit. The one thing I like about this particular plane is I don't have to worry about stretching an antenna wire on it.

Jay Allman

1/48 Eduard Polikarpov I-16 type 10

Unknown unit, Ukraine, Summer 1941

Moskit exhaust

type10.jpg

1/48 Eduard Polikarpov I-16 type 24

Genadij Tsokolajev, Red 34, 4 GIAP, Baltic Fleet AF, 1941

Moskit exhuast

Red21.jpg

1/48 ICM MiG-3(late)

Red 02, 12 GIAP, Vnukovo, March 1942

Cutting Edge cockpit, Fusion prop and spinner, Moskit exhaust

red02.jpg

Red02n.jpg

1/48 ICM MiG-3(late)

spotted MiG, 148 IAP, Kharkov 1942

Part PE, Fusion prop and spinner, Moskit exhuast

khar-spots.jpg

khar-spotsf.jpg

1/48 Classic Airframes MiG-3(early)

Blue 9, 38 PAE, PVO Moskow, 1941

Fusion prop and spinner

yellow9g.jpg

yellow9f3r.jpg

1/48 ICM Yak-7B

Yellow 39, Nataliya Zemanova, 519 IAP

I think I have some Moskit gun barrels and maybe some exhausts

vp_jak7b_rednosescr.jpg

1/48 ICM Yak-9T

Maj. I.N. Stepanenko, Fall '43 to Fall '44

Moskit exhausts

yak9t.jpg

I think that is overly ambitious, but if I get those done, I have a few german planes I would do as well.

Edited by jrallman

Jamie Denton

First:

Eduard 1/48 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24

Boris F. Safonov, 72. SAP, Northern Fleet, Summer 1941

Built OOB unless I get bored...

img1.jpg

Second:

Eduard 1/48 Polikarpov U-2

Markings to be decided, also OOB (cos there is enough PE in there to last a lifetime.....)

Cheers

J

Hi

my participation to this GB is dedicated to Normandie Niemen fighter regiment

1944-45 campaign, Est Prussia

Yak3 1/48 Eduard

Commandant Louis Delphino white 00

Yak3 1/48 Eduard

Capitaine Marcel Albert white 6

1944 campaign , breaktrough to the Niemen river

Yak-9T 1/48 ICM

Ltt Colonel Pierre Pouyade , this aircraft wears the emblem or the coulours of Normandy

Yak-9T 1/48 ICM

Capitaine Réné Challe, white 60, this aircraft is also sporting "la Furie" the insigna of the squadron R Challe was posted in May-June 40

Yak-9D 1/48 ICM

Sous-Lieutenant Albert Lefebvre, white 14, this aircraft carries personnel insignia and called "le père ma gloire"

1943 campaign, Koursk Orel battle

Yak-1B 1/48 Accurate

Aspirant Albert Durand, white 42, sharkmouth

Yak-1B 1/48 Accurate

Aspirant Roland de la Poype, white 4, sharkmouth

This should work well since they are very similar aircraft types to be build in pairs

Motivation for these builds is strong since I plan to participate to an exibition organised by Normandie Niemen Memorial, Les Andelys, France in September this year

Marc

Edited by mark58

Hi,

here are my two entries.

Eduard 1/48 I16 type 10, 46th IAP, june 1941

OOB with some added details.

General Mayor Ivan Lakeev decoration.

I-16type10.gif

Airfix 1/48 Spitfire Lf IXe, 26th GIAP, spring 1945

OOB with some added details.

Podpolkovnik Vasilii Matsievich was CO of 26GIAP

Spit.gif

All the best.

Jean

Edited by Apex1701

Ok, twist my rubber arm :thumbsup:

Jeff Herrick

Dragon 1/48 Ju88A-4

AirDoc Decals 6./KG 51 "Edelweissgeschwader" 1943

Cutting Edge flaps

Eduard Interior and Exterior PE

I've got an He111 in the stash too but I'll probably leave it for the Med GB...a little more colourful. The

88 is boring old 70/71/65

:D

It looks as though I-16's, Yaks and Migs are going to be well represented, so I will try my hand at the following (that is if I get my floatplane groupbuild entry done!).

1/48 Gavia Polikarpov PO-2 Light Night Bomber

and, if time allows,

MPM Polikarpov I-153 Vacuform, which I started, but has been languishing in a box, waiting for inspiration, which has really been lacking.

See ya in a few weeks.

Chris

I'm going to start of with:

1/72 Encore Yak-9D

V. Gugrizde, Byelo-Russia, June 1944

1/72 Toko Lagg-3 66 Series

Yu. Schipov, 9 ShAP, Black Sea Fleet Air Force, Spring 1944, "White 43"

1/72 Hasegawa Yak-3

Colonel Louis Delfino, Commander, Normandie Niemen Regiment, "White Infinity", 1944

And some Luftwaffe/Axis subjects to be named at a later date!

Edited by The Mikester

Hi Everyone,

I will contribute a;

1/72

P-40N (Academy)

with MPD decals 72012

2 GIAP VVS SF 1943

if time permit

1/72

P-40E (Academy)

with MPD decals 72012 or MicroScale 72-381

I don't have much reference on Red Star P-40s. I''m only using the decal sheets info as reference. Any help with my projected project would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Moe

Edited by CanadaMoe

Hi,

Darn, all these group builds are so tempting that I can't keep myself from submitting an aircraft, which mostly due to my slow building and to many submissions on different GBs, doesn't get ready before the deadline... But if you don't try you'll never know :cheers:

I have a 1/72nd Bf 109F-2 from Finemolds on order with HLJ which should arrive somewhere in april...

Together with Eagle Strike's Augsburg Flyers in the decal stash, that would make a nice combination.

It would be the Black 1 from 5./JG54, flown by Oberleutnant Schleinhege. It hase a full yelow nose with the spinner 50-50 Black yellow. The airframe had the standard RLM 74/75/76 camo but has the 'snake patern' motling, for which JG54 is quite famous for...

If the Bf 109 stays behind, it could be that the 1/72nd Polikarpov I-16 from ICM which I have started a little gets also submitted but that's something I don't know for sure...

Grega Krizman

aka. GregaX

Mx entry for this group build (for starters):

Kit: Eduard IL-2 Sturmovik (1/48)

Extras: CMK cockpit, bomb bays and control surfaces

Not sure about markings yet, but i guess this one would be nice

emeljanenko4hk1.jpg

To start with:

Heinkel He 46C, AML, 1/72, NSGr. 1.

Focke Wulf Fw 58c, MPM, 1/72, 1./Störkamfgruppe Lfl. 6

Gotha Go 145c, Huma, 1/72, 1./Stökampfgruppe Lfl. 1

Well and a few others along the way, not to stress my selve i will enter them as they get finished.

Cheers

Jes