F-18E/F and EA-18G

What's up with the Growler with the nat'l insignia on the tail? I didn't think the markings got moved around like that

It's their retro scheme. Prolly keeping in line with the CONA schemes that were going around.

135 tried (and, IMHO, didn't quite pull off) a paint scheme that I'm told was supposed to recall the Whale... but then they're also known to wear black flight suits on Friday so their ascetic sense is a little suspect to begin with... ;)

The new Kestrels scheme is killer! :woo:

+1, and it beats the 'ell out of that one that looked like a human gluteous maximus on fire. Some others descriptions were a lot less flattering.

I need more Super Bug kits.

DON'T!!!...say that, it'll be infectious,and contagious and I'll be in Rover's hotel...waiting for room service that ain't coming.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Just a question out of curiosity and pardon my ignorance, but why aren't the US Marines displaying the same interest in the Super Hornet as they did with the legacy Hornets?

They are putting all of their interest in the F-35B JSF ...

It's happened in the past with A-7 Corsair, the Marines went with A-4M Skyhawk and later, the AV-8 Harrier/AV-8B Harrier II ...

Gregg

They are putting all of their interest in the F-35B JSF ...

It's happened in the past with A-7 Corsair, the Marines went with A-4M Skyhawk and later, the AV-8 Harrier/AV-8B Harrier II ...

Gregg

Oh, I see, it's just that I always thought it would be a more natural progress to go C/D -> E/F and AV-8B -> F-35B. :o

Oh, I see, it's just that I always thought it would be a more natural progress to go C/D -> E/F and AV-8B -> F-35B. :o

Yeah, the Marines are not getting EA-18Gs either ...

They are taking the Navy hand me down EA-6B Prowlers and wanting the F-35B to handle future Electronic Warfare missins as well ...

With the way the F-35 program is going though, who knows, we might see Marine Super Hornets in the future ...

Gregg