Phantom 50th Anniversary Group Build

All you need to know about the P50AGB (Phantom 50th anniversary group build) @ ARC:

-moderators: Anthony Wan, Paolo Maglio and myself

-prizes: 10x decal sheet from HiDecal Line, decal sheet from Zotz

-start date: April 1st

-end date: October 1st

All scales, all aftermarket allowed.

I have posted some banners in the banner-section of the Group Build forum!

Thanks for looking.

I would like to toss in something for the build.

I can supply a set of 1/48 FOD covers for the Hasegawa and Monogram kits. Also a set for the Revell 1/32 and one for the Tamiya 1/32 scale kits.

If I finish the SUU 16/23 gun pods in time, I would add a set as well.

Send me an address to send the goodies.

Cheers,

Harold

As I'm building Tooms all the time for the 50th display we're putting on at Telford in November ( see www.500phantoms.com ) so naturally I'm in. In 6 months I'll do 10 to 20 1/72nd scale Phantoms. I'm in the middle of 3 at the moment, and I'll start a Luftwaffe F-4F or RF-4E in Norm 72 Camo.

If anyone wants to display their finished models at Telford, I'll have space for them with trhe F-4 Phantom SIG.

Good luck with the group build.

Edited by Rhino53

Pollie,

What are the rules for this GB? I have a phantom with the cockpit done and fuselage halves glued together but not cleaned up. Also, the wing top and bottom are glued together. Is that to much progress or can I enter it?

Thanks,

Rodney

Is that to much progress or can I enter it?

I don't see any problems! Let's say less than 50% done is allowed in, because half a Phantom ain't no Phantom.

OooH yes, count me in!

I have a 1/72 Airfix Phantom (from the 90 years of fighters boxing) and a set of 2Bobs Wild Weasel decals, that will just have to jump the queue.

cheers

Grant

I will try to do another JASDF one in 48 scale, only have to choose from F-4EJ, F-4EJ KAI, RF-4EJ or RF-4E.... mmm too difficoult to choose, any preference out there?

Haha, then you've got to narrow it down to squadron, then markings! :rolleyes: Soooo many choices. An RF-4EJ would be nice, then we can all copy your colour mixes :P

I'll be doing an F-4EJ (1/72, as it will be going on the 500 Phantoms display at this years nats as mentioned by Ted). Still not sure what markings to go for - although I have found some photos online of the aircraft I asked about in this thread (sorry Paolo, never did get back to you on that one)

I don't see any problems! Let's say less than 50% done is allowed in, because half a Phantom ain't no Phantom.

Great! Lines up nicely with the end of the Viper II GB.

I have a Vietnam F-4E that needs to be finished (started... a long time ago).

Rodney

I'll be receiving a box from Hasegawa real soon with "thank you" kits for helping them with the upcoming 1/72 F-4E "Indiana ANG Special" release(due out late April/early May).I'll be willing to donate a kit to the GB as a prize.

Edited by ThePhantomTwo