After taking about a month off after totally screwing up my Tamiya F-117 (knocked the DLIR window out, couldn't repair it :(), and building a train station for my new train set, I stepped back to the bench with a good ol' Revell Mudhen.

Chopped the flaps off to pose them in the "parked" position:

eagle3.jpg

eagle6.jpg

Got the drop tanks done:

eagle4.jpg

eagle5.jpg

And poked around the cockpit a bit (the instrument panels are dry fit):

eagle.jpg

eagle2.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:!

EDIT: The MFDs aren't done yet...I know they're all cloudy and nasty looking ;).

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

Ah,...another F-15E build. Superb!

Umm, :thumbsup: ......I perhaps should n't mention it now that you've cut the flaps but,.......the flaps don't droop on the Eagle when she's parked. It's the ailerons that droop, the flaps stay raised...... :cheers:sorry.

(You could always drop the intakes and say that the motors are running. The flaps could be down in that scenario......?)

The cockpit looks good :thumbsup: Have you ever considered little squares of 35mm film for the MFDs? It looks quite convincing if you are modelling a jet with the power off.

I hope my mentioning the flaps does n't put you off. Keep up the good work.

:whistle:

Ah,...another F-15E build. Superb!

Umm, ;) ......I perhaps should n't mention it now that you've cut the flaps but,.......the flaps don't droop on the Eagle when she's parked. It's the ailerons that droop, the flaps stay raised...... :( sorry.

(You could always drop the intakes and say that the motors are running. The flaps could be down in that scenario......?)

The cockpit looks good ;) Have you ever considered little squares of 35mm film for the MFDs? It looks quite convincing if you are modelling a jet with the power off.

:cheers:

No problem at all. Kits were 50% off at Michaels, so I grabbed two for a situation like this one. I'll just grab the fuselage top out of my other one ;).

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
No problem at all. Kits were 50% off at Michaels, so I grabbed two for a situation like this one. I'll just grab the fuselage top out of my other one :thumbsup:.

You might want to go to Revell's website, I don't have it right now, you should be able to get a replacement part. I have had good luck ordering replacements, though you are limited to five replacement parts per year, or something like that.

If you search ARC, you should be able to find their site. And the best part is that the parts were inexpensive.

mason

I did the same thing but didn't realize the error of my ways until the whole thing was done. Nobody knows but me.

You could use the parts with the dropped flaps and do a takeoff or landing scenario. I've always wanted to do an Eagle with the flaps down, intakes drooped and speed brake open, planted on two mains with the nose in the air like they do for aerodynamic braking.

Umm, :thumbsup: ......I perhaps should n't mention it now that you've cut the flaps but,.......the flaps don't droop on the Eagle when she's parked. It's the ailerons that droop, the flaps stay raised...... :( sorry.

:pray:

You could use the parts with the dropped flaps and do a takeoff or landing scenario. I've always wanted to do an Eagle with the flaps down, intakes drooped and speed brake open, planted on two mains with the nose in the air like they do for aerodynamic braking.

That's the pose I've always wanted to do.

Nice work so far TomcatFanatic... can't wait to see more.

Cheers,

Dave

Sweet man!!

Btw...could you throw in some sprue shots? I´d like to see how much it differs from the hasegawa Strike Eagle.......Mainly in the forward are :woot.gif:

Sprue shots? You want sprue shots? Couple of notes...the upper fuselage half I already used, and that's on a sprue of it's own, and it is the outer part of the wing assemblies that are missing on the sprue of the bottom fuselage (I used those, too).

eagle13.jpg

eagle11.jpg

eagle10.jpg

eagle12.jpg

And the rear half of the fuselage done:

eagle14.jpg

eagle15.jpg

Thanks for looking :bandhead2:!

eagle10.jpg

Thanks for looking :)!

Thanx TomcatFanatic123!!

Now there´s why it´s so hard to get the Aires cockpit set to fit in the Hasegawa kit! The rear of the cockpit is a part of the rear assembly, while the Revell has the whole cockpit area in the nose section! ;)

You´re doing great progress! keep it up!!

Cheers :cheers:

I was looking at THIS here in the gallery section of ARC, and I noticed that the nose gear strut was left out. Doesn't this have to be done when you join the front fuselage halves? If not, how did he go about doing leaving it out until later on in the build?

It's kinda tricky to do it after the nose halves have been put together, but you can wriggle it in there if you are careful enough. I actually recommend doing that, as you have an easier time masking the well that way, as well as giving you a little more room to work with if you need to fill the bottom seam. I also cut off the rear door and install that later too.

Aaron

Nice build so far. I Built a Revell AG Tigermeet version of this kit, though I wish i had as much attention to the cockpit as you have.The fit in this kit is very good all around. Just odd for them to include up to nine detailed hardpoints/pylons and not provide any ordinance. Maybe Revell's been looking too closely at Hasegawa...

They looks just fine :lol:

maybe that silver drybrushing brings out a bit too much contrast, I would have drybrushed them with dark gray and then applied silver to details.

But I still think the seats look good the way they are!

cheers!

:doh: