RNLAF F-16am J-138......Vvvvvviper!!!

Nice exhaust Jack, I am agree to shade littel bit by transparent blue the ring, it will be more realistic. Fantastic job.

Ciao

Hey my friend!

Thanks for the comment....yuuuup,don't worry I'm gonna shade it!!!

But now I have the paintjob going on...much more interesting eheh!

Cheers davide

:thumbsup:

Ok friends,

guess what?!?

it's time for some important updates!!!

I finally started painting the beast...so far I can only show ya the preshading job,but that's a start at least!

Hope you all enjoy it and stay there...another update soon cause when is about painting I can't hold on myself!

Cheers and enjoy

criticism and comments welcome

127foto.jpg

128foto.jpg

129foto.jpg

130foto.jpg

That's it for today....see ya mates!!!!

:thumbsup:

You´ve got steady hands :D

+1!!!

Well done my friend Jack!!!!

The preshading is awesome... can't wait to see it painted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Panos

Edited by F-16rhs

Excellent preshading Jack, I also support the fact of starting now the first phase of weathring, I do the same things and in my opinion, the results are very realistic! :thumbsup:

You´ve got steady hands :lol:

LOL...thanks dude...yeeep...For what I wanna do in my life they are and will have to be steady!!!!

Cheers dude

+1!!!

Well done my friend Jack!!!!

The preshading is awesome... can't wait to see it painted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Panos

Thanks my friend!!!

I'm workin...workin,but I've found some places that need some putty so another delay for the paintjob....grrrrrr

Aaaaand I still have to glue the intake...so before, I need to paint the part of the fuselage that will be hard to paint when the intake will be on....

I think I screwed up a bit that thing about the intake...I should have done it better..ohhh well, on the next viper

Cheers dude

Looking great! Nice job!

I'm still looking for some pics you requested.

Remy..

Hey dude,

Thanks for stoppin by and for the comment!

Yep,if you find them they're gonna be veeeeery helpful!!!

Cheers Remy

Excellent preshading Jack, I also support the fact of starting now the first phase of weathring, I do the same things and in my opinion, the results are very realistic! :huh:

Thank you very much Vincenzo!!!

Yeah...I agree with you even if I always prefer to do the weathering after the paintjob...Anyway,always done the preshading....done also this time,thanks also to Davide!!!!

Cheers and thanks again mate

NIce job..can't wait to see more...!!

Hey Tim,

thanks you very much...stay tuned for more!!!!!

Cheers

:blink:

I need to paint the part of the fuselage that will be hard to paint when the intake will be on....

Smart move! This area is difficult to paint after construction...

"Patience is the key of success..." ;-)

Edited by F-16rhs
Smart move! This area is difficult to paint after construction...

"Patience is the key of success..." ;-)

Yep dude...a smart move for 10 bad moves...I really messed up with the intake!!!

I should have done it differently!

I think I might pick up a FOD...I really messed it up!!!

I mean, not only the "bit too grainy" finish of the white but also the fact that I left it separated in two parts...is not ssssoooo visible...only if you go with a zoomed eye in there!

Mmmmhhh

Cheers dude

:tumble:

Yep dude...a smart move for 10 bad moves...I really messed up with the intake!!!

I should have done it differently!

I think I might pick up a FOD...I really messed it up!!!

I mean, not only the "bit too grainy" finish of the white but also the fact that I left it separated in two parts...is not ssssoooo visible...only if you go with a zoomed eye in there!

Mmmmhhh

Cheers dude

:salute:

Wow...unfortunately s***t happens...!

Dont worry! I am sure in the end it will be just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice pre painting ,my friend. Right choice of color too!

Hey Giro, thanks a lot!!!

yep, not too stark the preshading...I think that (with luck) I've used the right one LOL...

Ciaooo

Very impressive !!!

Keep up the good work & take Your time on this one. (Already looking too good to screw the pooch...)

"Check Six....."

Spooky.

Hey dude....thank you very much for your comment, much appreciated!!!

I'm workin on it so soon other pictures!

Stay tuned!!!!!

Hey Jack, um... seems you decided to keep the pre-shading, kinda hoping you would skip this step, but anyway, looking forward you comin' steps:)

Cheers,

J

Ciao Jin!!!

yeaaah....in the end I went for it...lots of hours and....ohhh well, I did it, but I thin that for such a weathered paintjob my plane has actually it could be a great solution to achieve that worn look.

In fact I'm now workin on the underside of the fuselage and that preshadin is helpin makin a bit stark the contrast...

We'll see...and overall, you guys will judge!!!!

Cheers

Hello guys and gals,

so why not updatin already the job done on the viper?!?

I started the paintjob and bbbbooooy how much it takes to get it "right" (at least to my eyes). trying to match the reference pics at page 1 is pretty nasty and difficult but at least I'm trying.

I'd like to know whaddya think and have some feedbacks throughout this long paintjob ok?

I don't have many pics of the underside so I went a bit with imagination and "linkin" the sides and visible parts on the pics and just "copying" it to the underside.

the only pic I have of the belly of this plane is depictin it when "new" and not yet worned so it's pretty much useless...

Enough with the talks, I'll let the pics do the rest...and in case add some edit's or PS later on...

Ok, let me go glue the intake now and continue the paintjob LOL....

Cheeers and stay tuned...soon the belly will be done, I hope :wacko:

1z2helh.jpg

24m5ijp.jpg

1z2zsi8.jpg

2dv8piv.jpg

2zrl4wm.jpg

Very few pics for a very loooong job though!!!

Cheers

:wave:

Edited by Jack-Swiss

You play in the beginning when you sad you are cofused how go on to paint to obtain the wheatered effetct of paint.......why you did it? Now I see you are monster of masters........ :worship: :) Can I go on to call you.... friend of mine?? :worship:

Edited by starflyer