Not trying to pick a scab but why did my post get deleted? Guilt by association? If I offended someone I'd like to know why. Who is our group moderator?

Thank you,

Randy

PM sent

Alvis 3.1

OK, so can we finally get back on the subject? I was thinking about doing a Canadian AH-64D Longbow. Maybe in a three tone camo

color. Light green, dark green, and maybe black.

RYAN.

Are there any unique Canadian Mods you'd visualise on the Apache? Other than the beer cooler, hockey stick carrier, and the toque racks, of course. B)

Alvis 3.1

*argh..typo city!

Edited by Alvis 3.1
Are there any unique Canadian Mods you'd visualise on the Apache? Other than the beer cooler, hockey stick carrier, and the toque racks, of course. :wub:

Alvis 3.1

*argh..typo city!

Wouldn't you need one of those rocks that get skidded across the ice? What is that, curling? :tease:

Edited by illithid00

Think any of you can do a picture of a CH-53E looking like a Pave Low? Nose and all. I was thinking of building a "what if the Osprey fails" project and would like to see what it would look like. Having no computer art skills I thought I would ask here.

Thanks,

Curt

Hi Djeeper,

Are you trying to use the photo attachment function on the reply page? If so, it was disabled a few years ago due to hacker attacks. You'll need to upload the pic to a photo hosting site like Photobucket in order to post it to the forum.

HTH,

Alby

OK, so can we finally get back on the subject? I was thinking about doing a Canadian AH-64D Longbow. Maybe in a three tone camo

color. Light green, dark green, and maybe black.

RYAN.

Ryan,

Not as aggressive as a Apache but here is a chopper I recently build. We are currently leasing them for over in the sandbox,from skylink.

Eric

mi-8004.jpg

mi-8006.jpg

Edited by Canuck100a
  • 2 months later...
Hi guys,

I've recently given an AH-1 Super Cobra a serious facelift, and named it the AH-1D "Diamondback". I'm rather tempted to build it aswell.

AH-1DDiamondback.jpg

That's just wrong on so many levels.......

this is the helo what-if thread and not the realist/rivet-counter thread, <...>

I'm pretty sure Tank's "wrong on so many levels" comment meant that conversions like these shouldn't be done to Cobras. The Cobra's "Awesomeness" can't possibly be improved upon! :wierdo: Unless you turned it into a Hind, that is. ;) :(

I kinda like your concept, although I'd be interested to know what it looks like with the original skids. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Tank's "wrong on so many levels" comment meant that conversions like these shouldn't be done to Cobras. The Cobra's "Awesomeness" can't possibly be improved upon! :nanner: Unless you turned it into a Hind, that is. ;) :unsure:

I kinda like your concept, although I'd be interested to know what it looks like with the original skids. :lol:

Hi Moritz,

I'm a little confused about the sensitivity regarding the Cobra. At least the changes were inpired by other US gunships, such as the Cheyenne's canopy, Apache's main and tail rotor, landing gear and the Longbow radar. Anyway, here's one with skids.

AH-1DMARINES.jpg

I'm pretty sure Tank's "wrong on so many levels" comment meant that conversions like these shouldn't be done to Cobras. The Cobra's "Awesomeness" can't possibly be improved upon! :woot.gif: Unless you turned it into a Hind, that is. :worship::woot.gif:

I kinda like your concept, although I'd be interested to know what it looks like with the original skids. :thumbsup:

Hi Moritz,

I'm a little confused about the sensitivity regarding the Cobra. At least the changes were inpired by other US gunships, such as the Cheyenne's canopy, Apache's main and tail rotor, landing gear and the Longbow radar. Anyway, here's one with skids.

Well first, it's a joke......second, your taking the pure beauty of the Cobra and hitting it with the ugly stick aka "Apache". That's just not right. Third, it's the pure Marine Cobra "Awesomeness" that is just better than that thing even it's momma doesn't even like. I mean it's like the Cobra went out drinking while in port and caught 'something' that they won't let you back into the country with. Well .... I guess that means I ain't really joking....or am I.

What a discussion :whistle: . Dont worry guys, I love the Cobra family, and they are the pioneers of all gunships. What-if's is all about letting the imagination run wild, and expressing it. The Diamondback is probably not one of the most elegant-looking machine, but being "ugly" is the business of gunships.

Cheers

What a discussion :worship: . Dont worry guys, I love the Cobra family, and they are the pioneers of all gunships. What-if's is all about letting the imagination run wild, and expressing it. The Diamondback is probably not one of the most elegant-looking machine, but being "ugly" is the business of gunships.

Cheers

The Huey was the pioneer for gunships, the Cobra is it's son

A new generation Cobra sounds interesting. Cobrahistorian, what I actually meant with the Cobra being the pioneer, is the slender fuselage configuration with stub-wings I agree though that the Huey was the first gunship.

I'm a big fan of the Rooivalk and I've drawn up some artwork of the prototype XDM and what it might have looked like if it was pushed into service earlier. By that I mean in the Angolan Bush-war. I used the old SAAF Puma colour scheme. and added a few kill markings aswell.

Bush-warRooivalk.jpg

^ I always thought the Rooivalk prototype looked better than the production machine. :doh:

Cobrahistorian and I have been brainstorming a next gen AH-1 off and on for a while now.

Stay tuned. :P

:salute: SUSPENSE! :worship: