NEW F-16F Block 60 from Kinetic 1/48th Scale

Dear guys, i've just get on my hands this one and i would like to share my first impressions of the kit with you :

DSC00086.jpg

As Usual in Kinetic Vipers, the box its a BIG box with a lot of pieces and weapons, some pieces are not for this particular version, but they are already included so our spares box will be increased ;)

The kit has the "Dorsal Spine" of the Desert Falcon viper, and the CFTs (1/32 Skunk models down-scaled to 1/48) includes the PE for the meshs :

DSC00087.jpg

Decals looks very good, the kit includes two versiones, an "AZ" machine and a EUA Air Force Bird (this last one in wrong black colors numbers, they are grey on the real machine). As always, a complete decal set for the weapons is also included (note, this bird has all the "normal" weaponry of the kinetics Vipers, not the particular weapons of the Desert Falcon like the "Black Shaheen" missile)

DSC00088.jpg

Here, an detail pic of the "Block 60" nose and the parts corresnpondent to this version, like the Air intake (with diferent panels compared with the standard Block 50) and the exhaust of the GE-132 Engine (the kit also included the F110-GE-129 engine parts, so spare parts welcomed!)

DSC00096.jpg

CFT's Details.

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

"Dorsal Spine" :

DSC00091.jpg

Clear Parts :

DSC00092.jpg

Errors? of course, an "Perfect" kit doesn't exists, in this case, in a fast review, the cockpit IP has two MFD, they must be 3....

The seats must be detailed like the real thing (including to put the pitot tubes in "down" position)

Block 60 Cockpit :

f16_cockpit_image.jpg

"Some" weapons on the kit, standard weaponry for Vipers.

DSC00100.jpg

THANKS KINETIC!

Regards

Note : The AN/AAQ-32 pod is included :woot.gif:

Edited by Wolf_el_Real
Decals looks very good, the kit includes two versiones, an "AZ" machine and a EUA Air Force Bird (this last one in wrong black colors numbers, they are grey on the real machine).

According to all photos I found on these birds, immatriculation numbers are as black as the black of the EUA roundel.

According to all photos I found on these birds, immatriculation numbers are as black as the black of the EUA roundel.

I thought the same but look at this pic and compares the black color of the flag an the numbers :

84054013.7PhiVcp7.jpg

I have the Zotz VV #2 with that numbers in grey also, so i'll check more pictures to check it well.

Regards

I had the opportunity to look at this kit over the last weekend. I think it does come with the new front IP with 3 MFDs.

Mark

Maybe, i was just look fast the kit, but check the front IP :

DSC00105.jpg

This part is for the IP too (part #4) :

DSC00106.jpg

Just two MFD... BUT this is nothing compares with the rest of great details in the kit.

Regards

Thanks for the good post. The kit does have the the correct front instrument panel, but lacks the correct rear panel -I think. I can't find a single reference shot of the rear panel. I was also interested in your reference to unique Desert Falcon weapons. I googled like the "Black Shaheen" missile and found some material. Can you point me to any sources of all the unique Desert Falcon weapons?

Thanks

Scott

Waiting for the flamewars to start... :coolio:

THe flames have been beaten to death, either you accept it for all it's faults or just pass it by.

hows the nose? same as the Sufa or the old droopy one?

This is supposed to be the so called corrected nose, they just added a bigger bandage.

The "correct" one :)

Regards

Yea...... :whistle:

Curt

I had the opportunity to look at this kit over the last weekend. I think it does come with the new front IP with 3 MFDs.

Mark

Your'e right!, i was wrong, last night i'll check the new parts and yes, the correct IP (front cockpit) is included :wacko:

DSC00121.jpg

Cheers :banana:

• 8 months later...
Hmm guess not. I guess it was a one-time thing. I was only curious because I'd never seen them before. Thanks for clearing that up. :cheers:

Possibly for attaching spin recovery chute... typically used in test a/c...

I don't believe it, accurate radome and IP! Wish I would have known that before buying another company's version.

I'm assuming you bought the Hasegawa F-16F Block 60 version and not happy with it? Quick question for all and sorry if this have been beaten to death as I have not seen a thread on this yet, but is the Kinetic version looks more accurate than the Hasegawa version? Seems the Kinetic version comes with a lot of other stuff with it and looks to be a better value.

I'm assuming you bought the Hasegawa F-16F Block 60 version and not happy with it? Quick question for all and sorry if this have been beaten to death as I have not seen a thread on this yet, but is the Kinetic version looks more accurate than the Hasegawa version? Seems the Kinetic version comes with a lot of other stuff with it and looks to be a better value.

No, I bought 2 Hasegawa Block 60s; Spruebrothers.com has them on sale for $32 (50% off) this week and last week. The Kinetic may be more accurate since it is a new mold whereas Hasegawa is the old kit with some new parts. All the weapons Kinetics come with are great for arming up my Tamiya and Hasegawa kits. Only time will tell if a Kinetic Block 60 finds its way to the bench. Already built a Kinetic Block 50 F-16D; their F-16AM and Polish Block 52+ in the stash. BTW, all 3 manufacturers--Tamiya, Hasegawa, Kinetic--have flaws, there isn't a 100% accurate F-16 model.

-Tamiya, Hasegawa, Kinetic--have flaws, there isn't a 100% accurate F-16 model.

The Tamiya kit isn't 100% accurate ? What's wrong with it ?

Edited by Laurent