Just a few quick pics of my completed 1/32 CF-188A. I finished it up last night, I cut a few corners at the end to make the deadline for a hobby show today. Once I fix what I missed or rushed, Ill take some proper pictures to display here.

24126_412165754601_632169601_5204269_7442466_n.jpg

24126_412180919601_632169601_5205022_4759722_n.jpg

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

Wow, I have to say you absolutely nailed the weathering on a CF-18. Love how some panels are a different shade, and the grease stains on the wings. All that and no overkill on panel lines. I cant say I've seen every CF-18 ever done on this site, but IMHO that sets a new benchmark for accurately portraying one.

Would be great to see some detail shots.

Looks really good, especially the little bits on the landing gear! B)

I'm also looking forward to the final pics. Great job.

Yeah some guy out west sent to me, arrived just in the nick of time too. Thanks Chuck, wouldnt have made it to the show otherwise. :bandhead2:

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, just an update tonight.

I brought the big CF-18 to the CAMS show today in Fredericton, and guess what...

Best large scale aircraft,

Best Aircraft,

and then...

Best of Show!!!

I was absolutely floored not to mention humbled when all the modelers that I look up to came over to congratulate me!

Thanks all the guys here that have inspired me over the years and that have helped me out with this build as well, you know who you are!

And a big shout out to Chuck540z3 who helped me out of a bind with this build at the last minute.

088.jpg

089.jpg

Great looking build, Charlie! :D :coolio:

If I got it right, the thingy is a contest winner? Congrats! I really envy you.

But...if you post a couple of outdoor pics, it would be a real stunner ;)

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:cheers:

Thanks Guys!

Great looking build, Charlie! :jaw-dropping: :P

If I got it right, the thingy is a contest winner? Congrats! I really envy you.

But...if you post a couple of outdoor pics, it would be a real stunner :woo:

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander.

:wacko:

Alexander, Yes, that was the contest winner and I dont think anyone was more surprised as I was. I figured I had a shot at the class award, maybe best aircraft. I never expected "Best of Show"

I think because I loved he subject so much and I found myself with losts of time to work on it over the winter is why it came out so well. If I can do it, so can you.

Alexander, Yes, that was the contest winner and I dont think anyone was more surprised as I was. I figured I had a shot at the class award, maybe best aircraft. I never expected "Best of Show"

I think because I loved he subject so much and I found myself with losts of time to work on it over the winter is why it came out so well. If I can do it, so can you.

:cheers: :blink: Congrats once more, Charlie!

But I can and I did.

Check HERE :huh:

Cheers!

Alexander.

;)

Edited by Eastern
  • 2 weeks later...