Finished this one today. I used the Academy kit with Aires cockpit, Quickboost antennas & pitotprobe and Begemot decals (Flanker Family part II). Paints from Gunze and Alclad. Panelwash is done by enamels.

Hope you like it. Comments & critique are welcome.

I want to thank Begemot decals for their excellent decals and the photo's they sent me of the real bird.

Klaar00001.jpg

Klaar00002.jpg

Klaar00003.jpg

Klaar00004.jpg

Klaar00005.jpg

Klaar00006.jpg

Klaar00007.jpg

Klaar00009.jpg

Klaar00010.jpg

Kind regards from the Netherlands,

Ronald

Edited by Ronald1903
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, I really don't want to become the bad guy of this thread, but if you look at russian fighters they are way more worn out (except those with less than 100 flying hours).

Your work is superb! I really wish mine would look like yours in the end.

... but it looks like you wether don't like the dirty look of russian aircraft or you've been afraid to ruin your work with some heavy weathering. :whistle:

I think I'll get back to you when I start building my Flanker!

Honestly, I really don't want to become the bad guy of this thread, but if you look at russian fighters they are way more worn out (except those with less than 100 flying hours).

Your work is superb! I really wish mine would look like yours in the end.

... but it looks like you wether don't like the dirty look of russian aircraft or you've been afraid to ruin your work with some heavy weathering. :cheers:

I think I'll get back to you when I start building my Flanker!

No problem at all with your opinion. I like it when people like my models but (constructive) critique is very welcome. You are right about the worn out look. I tried to make that bleached look but also I don't want to mess up things by doing things overdone. But since the Flanker is one of my favorites there will be a next time to try some other techiques and sure I will try to make that 1.00000000000 hours look next time ;) .

Thanks for all your kind answers.

Ronald

But since the Flanker is one of my favorites there will be a next time to try some other techiques and sure I will try to make that 1.00000000000 hours look next time ;)

Great to hear!

Looking forward to that one!! I'M sure it's gonna be great!

Btw: If you need some Detail-Pics and Close-Ups of the Flanker, drop me a PM and I'll send you my collection!