HOT NEWS!!!! Stop the presses....

Body is definitely not flush riveted.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing-B-17...f66af2d89ab5eef

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Boeing-B-17...f66af2d89ab5eef

I don't have any close up pics of the fuselage, but the in the pics I do have the wings look flush riveted. Let me know if you can find a close-up shot of the wings.

Can't type tonight. x.x

Edited by Snowy

I know and I hate to have even said it. I hope it's taken care of in the engineering process but I wouldn't be too bothered to put them all in one by one as long as they had holes to go into.

Still, it's a very impressive model and I like it a great deal.

Wish they had it when I was in grade school. It would've had a place of honor on my dresser. That could still happen.

I know and I hate to have even said it. I hope it's taken care of in the engineering process but I wouldn't be too bothered to put them all in one by one as long as they had holes to go into.

Still, it's a very impressive model and I like it a great deal.

Wish they had it when I was in grade school. It would've had a place of honor on my dresser. That could still happen.

You have a dresser big enough to set that on top of? :D

It'd be mean looking hanging from the ceiling.

Just talk Mike Grant into scaling up his rivet decals. :whistle:

Edited by Snowy

Very impressive.

I'll get one if they fix the surface details (overlapping panels and rivets).

For that price I'm not ready to add thousands of rivets myself and I want a B-17 that looks like the real thing.

These are test shots so hopefully they're still working on it.

Very impressive.

I'll get one if they fix the surface details (overlapping panels and rivets).

For that price I'm not ready to add thousands of rivets myself and I want a B-17 that looks like the real thing.

These are test shots so hopefully they're still working on it.

I'm 99% certain that stuff will be addressed. These guys are rivet counters.....

Pretty impressive. But I hope someone tells them that all four props are supposed to rotate in the same direction. One the prototype, theyve got the props on the right wing pitched backwards.

AFAIK, the only flush rivets on the B-17 are on the front third of the wing.

SN

:jaw-dropping: That thing is freakin HUGE!!!!. That's gotta be a UPS delivery..the USPS would refuse to even consider delivery. I'm just gonna admire the ones built..I sure ain't gonna tackle that monster...I'd have to rent another Apt just for it. Edited by Angels49

Very Tasty!

I will buy the G and probably an F if they release one. Now lets talk about some aftermarket.... Bomb carts, ground crew, decals, I should be done with my 1/200 Arizona by the time this is released. Bring it on WingScale.

amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle: have a B-25H on order and will get a P-61. maybe a B-26 too. My poor wallet will be starving for awhile.Will have to stand on the corner with a sign," please help, need models "

Ok WingScale, here is My wants list: :cheers:

B-36H

Uh-34D

Ch-54

Ch-37

F4U-7

P2V-7

P4M

AM-1

more to follow :D :D

Slugman

You know.....In comparison to Trumpeter's new releases and pricing, I think the pricing is right in line for the plastic you get.

Very Impressive.

I'd love to build one and donate it to a museum or airport, 'cause I surely don't have a place to put it!

Probably gonna get one of these. Too cool to pass up.

Gotta build a bigger spray booth!

It's still in the works so they might fix the rivets. But everyone wants recessed rivets and panel lines these days.

I like recessed rivets and panel lines when the real thing had them. As those pictures show, the B-17 did not. Kinda surprising that they could miss something like this and I highly doubt they would be able to re-tool the molds to correct the issue. I'd never purchase one of these due to space constraints but even if money and space were no issue, I'd probably pass due to this issue.

I like recessed rivets and panel lines when the real thing had them. As those pictures show, the B-17 did not. Kinda surprising that they could miss something like this and I highly doubt they would be able to re-tool the molds to correct the issue. I'd never purchase one of these due to space constraints but even if money and space were no issue, I'd probably pass due to this issue.

Lol