- destruction Chicago style

- Sam's girlfriend

- boys in uniform kick robot but

- Shockwave, buzzaw, other movie toys that needed to be made

The Bad:

- live long and prosper

- plot holes this big....

- potty-mouthed leg-humping robots in disquise

- Sam's parents (avoiding an ugly as there is less of them in T3 thanT2)

The Ugly:

- sure people die, but main characters can't seem to get but a scratch after being thru crashing buildings, cars, glass, etc

- John turturro - his character was too over the top again

- Dr. Duchbag from Greys Anatomy playing, well... A douchbag

- Secretary of intelligence or whatever her name is (referred to as a bitchy "ma'am")

- Script/plot: when Sam's girlfriend gives Megatron a pep talk, providing the Deuce ex Machina to wrap up the film

- 3D added NOTHING to the film

All in all- brainless summer fun that that looks better on the big screen. Classic Micheal Bay full of big explosions and cool effects

- plot holes this big....

All in all- brainless summer fun that that looks better on the big screen. Classic Micheal Bay full of big explosions and cool effects

-Plot ? ......silly man ! I did like the Apollo re-writes (was that actually Buzz Aldrin )

Robots bash the F##k out of each other - cool ! -who needs more ?

IMHO it was by far the best of the three movies. If you go in thinking there is going to be this amazing story and all the plot holes will be filled then you are in for a disappointment. These movies are all abot the hero, the girl and the robots. Nothing more. I think the attempt at a good story was admirable (no worse than the Star Wars plots) and the movie was visually stunning. I didn't want it to end.

I do want to know how Megatron came back and if this one s going to be the last installment.

If you go in thinking there is going to be this amazing story and all the plot holes will be filled then you are in for a disappointment.

Your comment is dead on! I went in with low expectations.

These movies are all abot the hero, the girl and the robots. Nothing more. I think the attempt at a good story was admirable (no worse than the Star Wars plots) and the movie was visually stunning. I didn't want it to end.

I have to disagree with the comparision the classic Star Wars trilogiy, but you could draw comparison to the Prequal Trilogy :whistle:

I do want to know how Megatron came back and if this one s going to be the last installment

Plot hole...retconning...I try not to think about it too much other than accepting no one is ever realy dead :coolio:

I think they should have cut out all of the human stuff and just got onto the robot action.

BTW, anyone notice the complete Apollo 11 LEM when they went back to the moon? Kind of makes you wonder how the astronauts got back if the ascent stage stayed on the moon.

I think they should have cut out all of the human stuff and just got onto the robot action.

BTW, anyone notice the complete Apollo 11 LEM when they went back to the moon? Kind of makes you wonder how the astronauts got back if the ascent stage stayed on the moon.

Yeah, I laughed out loud at that!! My wife looked at me funny and I told her that if the LEM was still there, so was Buzz Aldrin......and then HE showed up! HA!

Still great, mindless entertainment. I stand by my statement that this was the best one yet. They blew the snot out of Chicago!! :)

I enjoyed the Mr. Spock quotes done by Leonard Nimoy, that was a nice touch. "The needs of the many..."

It was also a hoot that the mini-bots were watching an old episode of Trek during one scene. :cheers:

With one exception- Sam's girlfriend. Man, that early walking up the stairway shot may go down as the most paused DVD shot of all time :jaw-dropping: You know what I'm talking about :woot.gif:

This movie missed the point. The point being to sell toys for hasbro. Most of the decpticons are drones that don't transform. What fun is that? A kid is supposed to leave the movies and beg his mom or dad to go to the toy store. After this movie I'm sure he can't even remember most of their names. The original cartoon was all about selling action figures, nothing more nothing less. I didn't expect a great plot, but this movie never had that wow moment besides the scene mentioned in the posts above this one. Come now, when blackout transformed and started tossing 62 ton tanks around like tonka toys that was a moment to remember.

This movie missed the point. The point being to sell toys for hasbro. Most of the decpticons are drones that don't transform. What fun is that? A kid is supposed to leave the movies and beg his mom or dad to go to the toy store. After this movie I'm sure he can't even remember most of their names. The original cartoon was all about selling action figures, nothing more nothing less. I didn't expect a great plot, but this movie never had that wow moment besides the scene mentioned in the posts above this one. Come now, when blackout transformed and started tossing 62 ton tanks around like tonka toys that was a moment to remember.

And how is this bad?

So what your saying, it wasn't overly merchandised enough? :huh:

Thanks for the rundown, toad. Will wait until it comes out on FIOS so I can rent it.

Rob

Going to skip it even then. This franchise lost me at the Deciptiballs. Michael Bay is a complete and total hack and Steven Spielberg should be embarrassed to put his name on these steaming piles of crap.

So let me get this straight....

At the start of the movie, the Decepticons... giant silver robots that transform into tanker trucks, MBs, F-22s and copier machines are hiding out on the plains of Africa. Hiding amongst the zebras, elephants, etc.?

Laserbeak tries to make Ken Jeong's death look like a suicide, only to turn right around and reveal himself to the entire office?

If Sentinel and Megatron were working together way back on Cybertron, why did the Decepticons shoot down the Ark?

Why wingsuit into Chicago when all the planes get shot down and you can't even land on your target building, instead landing on the wrong side of the damn river - while other teams just walk/swim right into downtown town like it's nothing?

The "noble" leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime, lets thousands of people in Chicago die and the city get trashed, just to prove a point to humanity that the Decepticons can't be trusted?

Finally, why the hell is the last scene of a Transformers movie a shot of John Turturro planting a slobbery kiss on Frances McDormand?

I need a drink. A really, strong drink.

thisiswhywecanthave.jpg

Yes,all that and a bag of chips.

Finally, why the hell is the last scene of a Transformers movie a shot of John Turturro planting a slobbery kiss on Frances McDormand?

This is the only one I can even try to answer: Turturro noted earlier they had a one-nighter previously at Quantico.

What really boggled my mind was Turturro's assistant- ***? Was he supposed to be a flaming gay man, former special ops, multi-personality disorder, or just bad writing/acting?

galvatron...

I was thinking the same thing for yet another sequel.

Also, I want to see Dinobots. I figure since they have retconned each sequel's "Transformers meets Earth" origin, this will give them a good reason to create yet another retcon to introduce the Dinobots.

Sam's girlfriend was AWFUL!!!! She's such a terrible actress it was painful to watch.

Chick made Megan Fox look like Meryl Streep! :)

I agree about Optimus as well, not only does he let thousands die and destroy a city to prove a ridiculous and totally obvious point, he also murders Sentinel Prime in cold blood after he begs for mercy... great role model for the kiddies! :D