Pretty Asian woman on ARC

The 'adaptive' nature of Google ads is fine in theory, but how it figures I need to 'Search Russian Women' for a potential soulmate is off the wall! Myself and Divine Wife are the only people who use this machine, I wouldn't be daft enough to look for even more grief (!) and I don't think she's interested...

It is not always someone else fault. The title of this thread could have caused some of us the exact problem we are talking about.

A while back, ARC was blocked on one of my computer. I believe that the reason was a thread titled "esxxxx service group build" even though I had been careful not to post at that thread. The initiator of that thread was very sturborn about not changing that title.

I usually get the Asian women ads, World of Warcraft ads, and cheap flight ads.

Weird. I have an Asian girlfriend..I played Warcraft many years ago..and I work for an airline.

*tinfoil hat*

The Google knows all!

I use Opera Web browser and havent gone to a site yet that a pop up pops up. Turn your pop up blocker on if in IE if not then get a pop up blocker. I have never had even one experiance with this problem so if it keeps happening I would delete google Chrome if you have it installed. Their search engines and the cookies they hold will eventually catch up to you. Its their way of trying to basicaly automaticly give you suggestions on what you have typed in just like auto correct on cell phones. Delete your browsing history and if possible make itself delete as soon as you close the browser. Also go to start/ control panel/ system and maintenance or something of that sort, depending on which OS your running and find performance and information and do a complete Disk Cleanup. This will delete any cookies and other crap there tracking you with. Its also wise to start watching where you go on the internet, even sites you regularly visit track where you have been. Im not suggesting that you visit sites that have ********* or anything but even MSN has tracking cookies and they can wreak havoc on computers if things like these arent taken care of. One other thing I suggest is Tune Up Utillities 2012 because its a life saver when it comes to a slow or corrupt computer. hope this helps if you have problems send me a PM I am a Computer Tech. JOSH

I don't think it has that much to do with your browsing history.

I mostly get singles adds, automobile adds and Warcraft also. I have NEVER played any Warcraft. The only one that fits is maybe the car adds.

This is my work computer that if used for anything other than work has only visited facebook, modeling forums, weather websites, and perhaps a long-distance shooting forum.

Our internet usage is monitored/filtered through our IT people, so no freaky stuff is allowed or even possible here.

No worries JackMan....

PM sent to you my brother Im also into long distance shooting Pre 64 model 70 Winchester 30-06.

Steve installed a secret mind reading app on this website. It automatically knows what is best for you. It's not google Its Steve. He is subliminally sending out suggestions. Trust in the power of the ARC. We know what you need!

Today, I got one for Axe Body Spray. . .***????? At 53 I'd have thought somebody has got their demographics seriously out of whack, though perhaps it's some sort of cosmic hint and the All-Seeing Cyber-Mind is trying to give me a leg up in attracting some of those pretty Asian women? :lol:

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Today, I got one for Axe Body Spray. . .***????? At 53 I'd have thought somebody has got their demographics seriously out of whack, though perhaps it's some sort of cosmic hint and the All-Seeing Cyber-Mind is trying to give me a leg up in attracting some of those pretty Asian women? :lol:

cheers

Old Blind Dog

That's what I mean! It's good for you!

I'm using V7.0 of FF, and V1.3.10 of ABP, but I've been using it since V3.3xx of FF, and have never seen ads on most sites. You might check your configuration on ABP - do you have the red stop sign when the page is open?

Finally got rid of the sleazy woman. I did the AdBlock thing on FF ver 4.0 & couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I restarted my machine several times but no avail. She still kept appearing. The weird thing is that the location on the advert said. www.AsianKisses.de. "DE" , if I remember correctly, is the country code for Germany. I'm not in Germany.

THEN I figured out that you need to 'Right Click' on the ad or the image and click "Block Image" on the drop down menu. Woosh; she disappeared immediately. Now my ARC forum looks clean & uncluttered. I love technology :wub: Thanks for the tips, gents :thumbsup: