Sounds like a typical day at workchar13.gif to me. One thing I will NEVER buy........Kinder eggs. You see an adult buy those with no kids, its not for the chocolate.monketdance4.gif

This is a reality that we face when we do our jobs. Disgusting? Yup...but desperate people resort to desperate actions. I'm not offended by this but I'm used to hearing about this stuff all too frequently. I can understand how some people might be offended or find the content disturbing though. Welcome to our world.

:D, I'm not offended either. Working as a hospital security officer we've seen similar things to this in the past. Not a gun, but a half razor blade which the patient removed and used to slash a nurse who was looking after her. She soon found herself disarmed and in restraints and stayed that way until morning when she was transferred in the restraints to the mental health section of the hospital. Just last week one of the female nurses brought a knife with a 6 in total length to us and said she'd removed it from a female patient's bra. The patient was a regular hitch hiker and kept the knife for protection. Unfortunately there are such desperate people out there and if you work amongst them sooner or later you're going to encounter such things.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Would it be too much to ask when a post is made that may be questionable or distasteful to add a disclaimer forewarning others?

Or better yet, know better than to start distasteful threads in the first place.

One of my first wrestling matches was a guy completely covered in blood, pulls a razor out of his.......... you know, and starts slashing at me.

Naked bloody people are not the easiest to get a good grip on....... Well.......there was ONE thing available to grab but I tend to avoid THAT option.w00t.gif

I posted the news story because I knew there are a few Law Enforcement Folks that are members on here and I thought it was strange to say the least ...

The link is to a News Site that ran on their Nightly News so it's not like it links to any illicit sites or such ... I got the link from my News oriented home page under the "Strange News" section ...

Sorry it Offended some of you ...

[/Rant Time]

Since we have brought up what offends on here, I find it offensive when members bring up a lack of responses in threads or self promote, get over yourselves ... People that mostly just use the site to sell stuff and are to cheap to use ebay offend me too ...

I find it depressing when people bring up their illnesses and surgeries ...

Death notices get me down too ... I get tired of everyone asking how to find something, learn how to use Google, for crying out loud !(How the hell did you people get on the internet, anyways ?) :google:

And let's not bring up the weather in your area any longer either, I just don't care ... We don't need to see your dog, cat, bird or whatever nor do we want to see what you drive or that you were just laid off of work due to the Sequestration or whatever ...

Remember folks, you take away everything but plastic models, paint and glue, there goes the "community" aspect of the site ...

[/Rant Off]

-Gregg

...And let's not bring up the weather in your area any longer either, I just don't care ... We don't need to see your dog, cat, bird or whatever nor do we want to see what you drive or that you were just laid off of work due to the Sequestration or whatever ...

Remember folks, you take away everything but plastic models, paint and glue, there goes the "community" aspect of the site ...

[/Rant Off]

-Gregg

:sarcasm_on:/>/> No no no Gregg, you have it all wrong. It's only the stuff that doesn't interest them that shouldn't be posted. Anything that's of interest to the people complaining is perfectly acceptable if it's not about models. You say you don't know what's going to be of interest to them? ohhh...well....don't worry, I'm sure they'll let you know. :woot.gif:/>/>

I do have one question, if I build a model of my dog, cat, bird or whatever...is that ok to talk about here? :tongue-in-cheek:/>/>

Now having said that, I do agree that if something MIGHT be offensicve a little bit of a warning might be nice. Doesn't have to be a long explaination of what's in it, just a heads up like, "may be offensive to some". Just playing nice with others.

Bill

Edited by niart17

.....Since we have brought up what offends on here, I find it offensive when members bring up a lack of responses in threads or self promote, get over yourselves ... People that mostly just use the site to sell stuff and are to cheap to use ebay offend me too ...

I find it depressing when people bring up their illnesses and surgeries ...

Death notices get me down too ... I get tired of everyone asking how to find something, learn how to use Google, for crying out loud !(How the hell did you people get on the internet, anyways ?) :google:/>

Gregg,

The only reason why I might see others being offended is because their scared that young children would see it but isn't that what the childwatch software is for.

IMHO some people are too sensitive about things. What you posted is just a cold hard fact reality of this world and none of that scripted reality on tv primetime. I once posted a thread asking about Israeli airforce inventory that can be used in an attack to foreign threats. A few kept replying they can't wait to see the thread locked and many others replied saying it was a legitimate question. Well, I never got a reply to my quesion because someone with rose colored perfect world glasses had the moderators lock my thread.

The link you posted is from a news report and even watching my local news they always give that warning before showing violence, weapons and drugs. So for me it's not offensive but everyday reality.

By the way it was just a stubby six shooter anyways and not a long barrel :lol:. As Britney Spears once sung, "Opps. I did it again.".

.....And let's not bring up the weather in your area any longer either, I just don't care ... We don't need to see your dog, cat, bird or whatever nor do we want to see what you drive or that you were just laid off of work due to the Sequestration or whatever ...

It's only okay if the weather prevents you from going down to your LHS. Or as mentioned earlier you make a model of your pet. Or you make a model of your car. Or you're lucky enough to work at a hobbyshop and get laid off cause your boss will only stock snap-together kits. :rofl: Dare I quote Britney Spears again? I think once is already too much :lol:.

Edited by aerofan

This is a reality that we face when we do our jobs. Disgusting? Yup...but desperate people resort to desperate actions. I'm not offended by this but I'm used to hearing about this stuff all too frequently. I can understand how some people might be offended or find the content disturbing though. Welcome to our world.

.....I agree. :salute:

:D/>, I'm not offended either. Working as a hospital security officer we've seen similar things to this in the past. Not a gun, but a half razor blade which the patient removed and used to slash a nurse who was looking after her. She soon found herself disarmed and in restraints and stayed that way until morning when she was transferred in the restraints to the mental health section of the hospital. Just last week one of the female nurses brought a knife with a 6 in total length to us and said she'd removed it from a female patient's bra. The patient was a regular hitch hiker and kept the knife for protection. Unfortunately there are such desperate people out there and if you work amongst them sooner or later you're going to encounter such things.

:cheers:/>,

Ross.

...females have been known to have secreted razor blades hidden under the folds of their mammary glands , in their hair and even between toes...one woman I arrested shook her head forgetting she had a small knife secreted in there. :rolleyes:

The things one sees.

So no Gregg I am not offended.

I'm in LE in no way other than being the best citizen and honest person I can, but some I know who are familiar with that side of society, often relate stories of this sort of thing happening quite often, but then I'm living in Cali, so what's strange/odd in the mid-west is everyday and common place here.