Great Wall Hobby 1/48 F-15B/D

RepliScale, many (many) years ago.

Repliscale485008.jpg

There is not a single item on that sheet that is correct in the slightest. One of Repliscake's worst efforts. I have decals I made for myself specifically for 74-098 as she appeared on 15 Sep 85.

IMHO, the Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-15E is actually a Delta.

And a very nice Delta as well.

Doing a little research to find who makes an accurate 1/48th scale F-15E led me to said Delta's conclusion.

BTW; Revell, as it turns out, makes the most accurate 1/48th scale F-15E.

So if you're in the market for a very nice 1/48th scale F-15D, check out the Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-15E :cheers:/> .

IMHO, the Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-15E is actually a Delta.

And a very nice Delta as well.

Doing a little research to find who makes an accurate 1/48th scale F-15E led me to said Delta's conclusion.

BTW; Revell, as it turns out, makes the most accurate 1/48th scale F-15E.

So if you're in the market for a very nice 1/48th scale F-15D, check out the Hasegawa 1/48th scale F-15E :cheers:/>/>/> .

Hasegawa had some shape problems, looks like the GWH kit solved most of them, nice accurate Charlie finally.

Edited by Ol Crew Dog

There is not a single item on that sheet that is correct in the slightest. One of Repliscake's worst efforts. I have decals I made for myself specifically for 74-098 as she appeared on 15 Sep 85.

Got a couple of the mod eagle sheets for the Dorf and Kadena, even the one with mine and Bob Dedmonds jet....

Oops, do you have any pics on this? Is it only the brake fairing or including panels around it?

The speedbrake rested on top of the fuselage and was faired in, not a well as usually depicted on all but Revell's Mudhen's.

The difference between the aft speedbrake fairing of an A model to C model can be seen ion the Monograms A model and Hasegawa's C model in 1/48.

Jake's book has pics as well as the detail in scale....

The speedbrake rested on top of the fuselage and was faired in, not a well as usually depicted on all but Revell's Mudhen's.

The difference between the aft speedbrake fairing of an A model to C model can be seen ion the Monograms A model and Hasegawa's C model in 1/48.

Jake's book has pics as well as the detail in scale....

Thanks! I'll check out Jake's book.

When the C comes out I will be getting 6 one for every C I crewed.... CAD looks real accurate... Except the seats and a few minor bits....

The ACES II is also included for sure. Also, please let me know other minor bits, maybe we will put those done in tier two, thanks!

Jin

Thanks! I'll check out Jake's book.

The ACES II is also included for sure. Also, please let me know other minor bits, maybe we will put those done in tier two, thanks!Infect they are there but t

Jin

The oil service doors appear on the CAD to be in the E model configuration, C /D model had only the door with the 2 latches on the aft end of the door, one on the outboard on 95L and inboard 95R.

Saber drains on pal 117 L an R appear to be missing from the CAD, these were on the aircraft till mid 90's these were removed no longer tortureing ground crew, wish halenthey had done this earlier would of saved me the scar on my back.

pal 128 was removed from the C/D 1991-92 timeframe, after the Storm, some as late as 93.

The secondary heat exchanger exhaust aft of the canopy (large louvered exhaust) is not a pronounced and was flush with the surrounding skin.

As I remember things or noticed things on the CAD I will jot them down,

Dave Whalen

Is that a separate plastic frame for the canopy I see?

Is the rear ejection seat supposed to be buried in the cocpit like that? Looks weird.

Doesn't look like a separate frame to me--or they got it connected real good to the clear parts. There is a visible gap between the windscreen frame and the rest of the airframe, and between the canopy frame and the canopy clear section, but no gap between the frame and clear section of the canopy that I can see.

Mike Todd

The oil service doors appear on the CAD to be in the E model configuration, C /D model had only the door with the 2 latches on the aft end of the door, one on the outboard on 95L and inboard 95R.

Where are those, and what exactly are you seeing? Unless you were an F-15 crew chief, would you even notice the difference?

Saber drains on pal 117 L an R appear to be missing from the CAD, these were on the aircraft till mid 90's these were removed no longer tortureing ground crew, wish halenthey had done this earlier would of saved me the scar on my back.

Easy enough to add.

pal 128 was removed from the C/D 1991-92 timeframe, after the Storm, some as late as 93.

?????

The secondary heat exchanger exhaust aft of the canopy (large louvered exhaust) is not a pronounced and was flush with the surrounding skin.

Here's hoping I won't have to open it up and scratch in the louvers like I've done on the Hasegawa kit! If it was see-through I'd be elated.

Anyone else notice it says DJ on the tag to the left?

The bigger giveaway was the AAM-3 missiles under the wings! I think Pit-Road plan to release it as a DJ in Japan, just as GWH have released the P-R Vulcan in the rest of the world.

Oh, and look at the missile sprues. . more of the one part magic they worked on the R-27 and R-73 in the Fulcrum!

Edited by Dmanton300

I believe the model is coated in a grey primer paint. The canopy was probably properly masked.

Yes.

sadly without the CFT´s...

so i will build still my Academy F-15E to a D from the Wooden Leg operation in 1985.

Im now on rebuild the academy cft´s to the Israeli type...

although I dont think the IAF has these so quickly from their own Israeli production...

The FAST CFT would be probably added in the A/C version.

The bigger giveaway was the AAM-3 missiles under the wings! I think Pit-Road plan to release it as a DJ in Japan, just as GWH have released the P-R Vulcan in the rest of the world.

Oh, and look at the missile sprues. . more of the one part magic they worked on the R-27 and R-73 in the Fulcrum!

The DJ/J are exclusively sold in Japan market.