The April Fools gag that never was

I thought about posting a spurious question about where to locate chemtrail dispensers on a model airliner on the first of April, but held off in fear it might actually get some sincere responses and cause more confusion and tension than laughter.

Is there anyone knowledgeable about airframes and aviation practices who also thinks there's any truth to the chemtrails conspiracy theories?

I thought about posting a spurious question about where to locate chemtrail dispensers on a model airliner on the first of April, but held off in fear it might actually get some sincere responses and cause more confusion and tension than laughter.

Is there anyone knowledgeable about airframes and aviation practices who also thinks there's any truth to the chemtrails conspiracy theories?

Has this something to do with "Midas Muffler"?---John

Edited by john53

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of chemtrail dispensers... :unsure:

Yes! I have intimate knowledge of the practice...

Can't believe I'm going to say this without my tinfoil hat on but...the E-6 Mercury is NOT an airborne command post and communications platform! Having flown numerous missions and countless (actually they do count them because it's kind of a thing in aviation...) hours in both the E-6A and E-6B (the B model has a bigger seed bin located atop the fuselage for more seeding capability) I can unequivocally confirm that Gum'ment Airborne Seeding does in fact take place. Also the wingtip antennas are for mind control...but you didn't hear that from me.

...and all that time I never realized I was in the air Force and not Navy....weird.

a4725eb79fea_zpsqvoc2iio.jpg

1910118_zpsgexpcgct.jpg

Edited by 82Whitey51

We need to have a master thread for the conspiracy theories that the simple-minded folk believe in. Chemtrail, Jade Helm, FEMA concentration camps, UN take-overs, fluoridation of our water supply, deflate-gate, etc, etc.

I love this stuff!

Edited by 11bee

We need to have a master thread for the conspiracy theories that the simple-minded folk believe in. Chemtrail, Jade Helm, FEMA concentration camps, UN take-overs, fluoridation of our water supply, deflate-gate, etc, etc.

I love this stuff!

Wasn't there a rumor that the closed Wal-Marts were going to be used

for prison camps for the Jade Helm Operation. I worked for Wallyworld for

a bit, refused a promotion to "camp commandant" and quit.---John

Edited by john53

Oh god I LOVE this conspiracy theory. I always get a chuckle regardless of how sane the theorist might seem.

but lets just for S#!ts and giggles discuss the logistics of putting chemical dispensers on commercial airliners. where would one put the chemical tank? it could be inside of the main fuel tanks or the cargo area. putting a tank inside the fuel tanks leads to all sorts of problems associated with leaks and lack of range. and of course a tank in the cargo area means less room for the revenue generating cargo.

then there is the dispersion nozzles, pluming, and associated components. who maintains and services these systems? I have yet to see any system on an airplane that doesn't require regular maintenance. or one that doesn't break down regularly.

what about the weight of all the chemicals. 1000 gallons of chemicals would weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 8500lbs (I'm using water as a basis for weight) which would mean burning that much more fuel.

on top of alll that, there is the little problem of keeping the hundreds of thousands of people that come into contact with these airplanes every day quiet.

while I have a general mistrust for politicians and the gubment. this is too much even for them.

on top of all that, there is the little problem of keeping the hundreds of thousands of people that come into contact with these airplanes every day quiet.

Well it's a conspiracy, so you know... :whistle:

on top of alll that, there is the little problem of keeping the hundreds of thousands of people that come into contact with these airplanes every day quiet.

while I have a general mistrust for politicians and the gubment. this is too much even for them.

That's why I have to laugh when I read the conspiracy talk about how the US Navy accidentally shot down that TWA 747 off the coast of Long Island back in the 90's. Does anyone really think every one of those hundreds of sailors on those ships would have remained silent after they shot down a jumbo jet full of passengers? Not one person would have felt the need to mention this to family or the press?

And yet their are plenty of wackjobs out there that are convinced this is the case.

That's why I have to laugh when I read the conspiracy talk about how the US Navy accidentally shot down that TWA 747 off the coast of Long Island back in the 90's. Does anyone really think every one of those hundreds of sailors on those ships would have remained silent after they shot down a jumbo jet full of passengers? Not one person would have felt the need to mention this to family or the press?

And yet their are plenty of wackjobs out there that are convinced this is the case.

This.

people talk.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15740_was-911-inside-job.html

Airplanes aren't real! they all are models! , wait,wait, let me think this through.

or

Model companies make model kits that are designed so they can't be built and we will by more to find the non-existent build-able model

As you see, most of us are not advocates of this kind of thinkiing. I loved the The X-Files but I thought there was zero possibility in any of it. Technically, chemtrails are real but only due to the ignorance of the observer. The "chem" has a name and the purpose of releasing said chem is quite prosaic. Rain cloud seeding, air current analysis, that sort of thing. If there are nefarious experiments going on, gubmint employees are generally patriotic and would find it appalling to think their countrymen are the subject. No, that's the sort of thing you do to another country's citizens. Of course, The Tuskeegee experience belies what I just wrote. :bandhead2:/>/>

Edited by Slartibartfast