New Tamiya releases at Shizuoka

Lol..."just in" hours ago...did you not see the two other threads? :taunt:/>

No I did not, sorry for being late to the party I think I'll just sit back and have some popcorn.

Ken

No I did not, sorry for being late to the party I think I'll just sit back and have some popcorn.

Ken

Hehe. I came here to post too. It'll be fun watching all the naysayers make excuses.

Did ya notice that it was mentioned that you can't drop the flaps or slats on the Tomcat.....:hmmm: I wonder how long it took Aires, Wolfpack, CMK , to get started on the resin kits to do those features...that is if they don't have a copy of the kit already :woot.gif: . This has me wondering should I wait and see which is better, if AMK's offering has positionable flaps and slats....it's a done deal, still Tamiya's new offering may be worth a shot :hmmm:, if IF the price is within reason.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Considering that, if I were to build an F-14 I'd want the wing clean and swept, this may be the way to go. Given Tamiya's reputation, it may actually be an F-14 that fits together well.

Lol. That won't happen. If anything it'll be another Mosquito variant. They never "go back."

Tamiya assured the owner of the Corsair they measured and studied for months that it would.

That same owner gave them access to Avspecs Mosquito before Tamiya measured the same Mossie in New Zealand. That owner had it parked in his hangar.

In my experience, decals designed for other Tomcats will probably fit this one just fine. Besides, if I can get VF-124 Bicentennial markings designed to work on a Hasegawa kit to fit on an Academy one, a Tamiya shouldn't be a problem as I see it. As for low viz markings as long as you don't have any wraps around the tails... easy.

1/48 scale armor is still a thing?

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

It sure is! Mostly a Tamiya thing, but a thing none the less. Tamiya releases one or two new kits each year, some Eastern European makers contribute too. And there's a sizable resin market (France's Gaso.line stands out).

Check out track48.com to see what the community is up to.

Glad Tamiya finally decided to do this one. Been a dream of mine for a long time. I'll get a few of these and AMK's when theirs is out. Love it that we still have plenty of choices!

Rob

1/48 scale armor is still a thing?

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

85 releases and counting since they started the line a short while ago. I hear it is very strong in the Japanese market. The Japanese like the smaller scale and with the small size of the living accommodations in Japan the 1/48 armor line is very popular.

They seem to release a new kit every quarter. Given how popular the line is in Japan it is of little surprise their newest main battle tank is being produced in 1/48. I'm not a tank guy although even I find this tank attractive.

85 releases and counting since they started the line a short while ago. I hear it is very strong in the Japanese market. The Japanese like the smaller scale and with the small size of the living accommodations in Japan the 1/48 armor line is very popular.

They seem to release a new kit every quarter. Given how popular the line is in Japan it is of little surprise their newest main battle tank is being produced in 1/48. I'm not a tank guy although even I find this tank attractive.

When it comes to armor I am 1/35 guy. But my son loves the 1/48 armor kits and in our small local modeling club two gents build 1/48 armor exclusively partially due to their space saving attributes you mention.

:cheers:

I really wish 1/48th modern armour would take off, so this is hopefully the start of something...

I could be persuaded to drop down from 1/35 if there were modern options in 1/48 armor. I think having modern armor choices would fly IMHO.

:cheers:

I really wish 1/48th modern armour would take off, so this is hopefully the start of something. I find 48th perfectly sized for armour.

I was hoping Airfix would have continued with their 1/48 items. The British vehicles they have are really nice and compliment their Helo kits very well. Some US types would have been nice to see from them.