CD48225 - 1/48 F-35A Lightning II

With the first F-35A sheet (CD48140) selling out and a lot of new, interesting F-35 markings on the scene, it is time for a new F-35A sheet. This has been on the drawing table for a while, and now that I have the last pieces of the puzzle (thank you! you know who you are), it will be off to print within days.

Similar setup to CD48140 - same separate stencilling sheet to allow you to build multiple aircraft. Some very colorful examples including the Norwegian anniversary jet, the new Israeli test jet, Danish, Japanese (new unit) jets, and 5 USAF options including Lakenheath.

Coming in late April/early May.

cd48225promos1.jpg

Old photo, Peter MacKay was the defence minister back then. Plane was in the Ottawa museum for a while. I think that was were the announcement was made the first time we bought the F-35.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Old photo, Peter MacKay was the defence minister back then. Plane was in the Ottawa museum for a while. I think that was were the announcement was made the first time we bought the F-35.

Ah, hadn't realized. Thanks!

I would bet it would look similar to our current CF-18 scheme. It is already low viz and all the other nations using it seem to be going that route. No camo on these aircraft. I am doing a camo one though as greys are boring.

It is designed for the Meng kit, although I am confident that all the markings except the Israeli test jet will work on any dimensionally correct kit.

Note that no kit except Hasegawa 1/72 F-35A got the subtleties of the various "panel lines" (more accurately the outlines of the RAM coating) on the tail correct, and USAF tail flashes seem to be designed to fit between these lines. My sheet provides the correct dimension and shapes for these markings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, eraucubsfan said:

This may be a dumb question, but are the foreign F-35s painted in the Have Glass paint also? Or is that just the US versions?

All F-35s, regardless of nationality, feature the Have Glass V coating and skin. 

It is critical to the overall stealth of the aircraft.

I finally received the decals last week and I am working on the profiles for the ordering page - expect the preorders to be enabled in a couple of days. This turned out to be a very nice sheet and should appeal to anyone with an interest in the F-35.

f35_225a.jpg

f35_225b.jpg

Edited by KursadA