Boeing E-6B MERCURY Upgrade Block-II

• AWACS-RESIN changed the title to Boeing E-6B MERCURY Upgrade Block-II

Keith,

all parts like Flaps, slat and domes are made from resin.

It is possible to obtain a Milstar dome for the E-6B or all 4 domes for an E-6B Upgrade Block-II.

The Flaps and Slats (also possible) come only as basic surfaces without any tracks, actuators or other little pieces. So here a lot of work needs to be done. 

7CCD2DD5-103A-48C9-8366-01DE25AE293D.jpeg

Edited by AWACS-RESIN
19 hours ago, AWACS-RESIN said:

Keith,

all parts like Flaps, slat and domes are made from resin.

It is possible to obtain a Milstar done for the E-6B or all 4 domes for an E-6B Upgrade Block-II.

The Flaps and Slats (also possible) come only as basic surfaces without any tracks, actuators or other little pieces. So here a lot of work needs to be done. 

7CCD2DD5-103A-48C9-8366-01DE25AE293D.jpeg

I think this is the best approach to a project like this. Creating the smaller parts is an enjoyable task - but made easier if the larger components are available as a basis to start with. 

This is a wonderful build.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, you may want to check the installation of the static wicks.

They should not be perpendicular to the trailing edge of the wing. They should be parallel to the longitudinal axis of the plane, or relative wind.

Regards,

Tracy

10 hours ago, Vidar_710 said:

This is a wonderful build.

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, you may want to check the installation of the static wicks.

They should not be perpendicular to the trailing edge of the wing. They should be parallel to the longitudinal axis of the plane, or relative wind.

Regards,

Tracy

That is correct.

Tracy, thank you for your comment. I am aware of the position of the static dischargers because I myself worked on the NATO E-3A Sentry as a technician for 30 years. But when I built my first two models of the Sentry last year, I unthinkingly placed the dischargers in the wrong position. 
I'm sure I noticed the error, but then didn't feel like correcting it. I then attached them all in the same position to my other models from AWACS, E-8, CT-49 and even this E-6. Maybe I'll change that on all models.

Edited by AWACS-RESIN