TAMIYA 1/48 F-16C Block 50 - 50 Years of YGBSM

Hi Everyone,

This model represents a lot of firsts for me.

1st submission to ACRFORMS. 1st model I've built in over 25 years.  1st time using airbrush.  
Its also my first time trying to do any sort of photography with my camera phone, so I got a bit to learn.
I used a lot of aftermarket for this build (listed below), so dealing with resin and photoetch was a bit of a learning curve as well.

Took me over a year to complete this build, but I definitely learned a lot along the way.

Thanks for looking!

Jason

zoRQ9LB.jpg

xT1tkEf.jpg

snWYo0H.jpg

3tbgiZz.jpg

9BEjVjw.jpg

xPpgubt.jpg

MWaZxnx.jpg

zxIp2LS.jpg

3kNIz7V.jpg

hufiQMR.jpg

4JCfqz5.jpg

XSICMen.jpg

Dwzc9Uo.jpg

By3guUQ.jpg

LEGrdsa.jpg

giAD19Y.jpg

ZiEHbC6.jpg

p66PgSi.jpg

m8ZJ3VI.jpg

l53Xi8m.jpg

1o7G1ql.jpg

5Ra1gNT.jpg

l41aa5U.jpg

OEo4Zi2.jpg

8xN8J3U.jpg

8Ht3mLu.jpg

JMMjTzr.jpg

HD7asGw.jpg

16Es3t4.jpg

rG45eUy.jpg

2Pyevk2.jpg

AlqEz9Q.jpg

BomnDh5.jpg

8HTkcd9.jpg

EDtcah5.jpg

Aftermarket:
Aires F-16 Cockpit
Aires Landing Bay
Eduard Airbrakes
TwoBob F-16 Decals
Phasehanger JHMCS
Orange Hobby Static Dischargers
Orange Hobby AIM-120C\B
Kopecky Missile Rails
Kopecky Wild Weasel Set
Bandit Resin ACMI Pod
Brengun AIM-9x
Eduard AGM-88 HARM
Eduard Sniper Pod
Hasegawa HTS pod
Katran GE 110 Engine
Kopecky FOD Covers
Various RBF tags (Eduard, HGW, Quinta)

-Jason

Edited by jrasia

Extremely well done! All the aftermarket really makes this pop! I have a lot of the same sets, so I am happy to see how good it all looks. The ALE-50 is awesome. I dont think I've seen many builds with it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

@Specter1075 The ALE-50 seems pretty common on the Shaw viper reference photos I have.  Tamiya includes one in their kit and its well detailed.  The Kopecky ALE-50 is just a little more refined.  The Kopecky HTS pod however is not accurate to the ones I've seen.  I assume he must be referencing a different, maybe older version of it.

Edited by jrasia
15 hours ago, jrasia said:

The Kopecky HTS pod however is not accurate to the ones I've seen.  I assume he must referencing a different, maybe older version of it.

That's good to know. I will have to check what one I have, but I think I bought GT Resin's set that lets you mount it on the left side of the intake (allowing for a Sniper on the right.)

I would avoid GT Resin.  Had it, and threw it in the bin right away.  I kept the nose cover however:)

Look for the Hasegawa Weapon Set E for a nice HTS pod.  It was a perfect fit for my Tamiya kit, including the ability to mount it to the right intake lip.

The other weapons in the kit are nice, plus you get decals for everything.

https://spruebrothers.com/has36117-1-48-hasegawa-aircraft-weapons-set-e-us-air-to-air-missiles-target-pods/

Edited by jrasia
13 hours ago, jrasia said:

I don't seem to have too many close ups of the right side canopy, but it appears to be SSGT Jesuel Rosa

AFGJ81o_rgY0cjqnpnrkIYKpKp8uW1lyjn0Ih1cz

I don’t know him. Once in a while I’ll see a name of someone I know on the side of the canopy on here.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, racerman said:

What happened to all the pics?

I guess another first to add to the list is using google drive public folder to embed my photos.  Nothing changed on my folders or photos, so I'm not entirely sure what happened? 

I had to regenerate new links in this forum for them to show up again.  If anyone has any tips on how to avoid this in the future, I'd rather not have to redo this again in a couple months:)

• 2 months later...

No pictures for me, just blue boxes with question marks inside. Hope you can fix this.  I would really like to see your build after reading all the superlative comments. 

Edited by okthree