1/72 Titan Models C-32A

Here are some pictures of my Titan Models 1/72 C-32A vac and 3D printed kit.  The windows are from Airways Graphics and Air Force 2 from Draw Decals.  Very different type of decals from regular waterslide.  They don't react at all to solvents and the film is almost like a very thin plastic.  

There were some pretty big gaps at the wingroot.  I was able to fill most of it by spreading the leading edges of the wing and gluing in place.  The fuselage gaps were then filled with superglue and topped with Apoxiesculpt.   The subsequent gaps in the leading edges were filled styrene stock glued with Tamiya extra-thin, sanded smooth and filled with CA or Mr. Surfacer.

The plastic was polished from 320 to 1000 grit because the surface was somewhat rough.  The kit panel-lines were filled and re-scribed.

Paints were Gunze super white and sky blue.  Clear coat is MRP gloss clear.  Paints shot through a Grex Tritium using their fan tip for wide coverage.

This was my first vac kit.

thumbnail_IMG_4714.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4716.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4719.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4721.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4722.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4723.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4725.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4726.jpg

Very nice build! Those Titan kits are really well done too, and not much more difficult than a regular injection molded kit. In some ways they're easier. I'm slowly working on their 757-200 kit now, which is largely the same kit with a few external differences. Great job! Fred K.

Edited by f5guy