:D Hi to everyone,

Great pics of one of my favourite modern jets. Thank you for sharing them. Motty, whose Albatros is that one? I'm guessing it might be the one based in the Hunter Valley. Would I be guessing right?

:cheers:,

Ross.

G'day Ross,

Yep, it's the one operated by Air Action up at Cessnock.

Cheers,

Motty.

Yes, try MPM/Special Hobby. They have a 1/48 :banana:

I've heard good and bad things about the kit. Good side, it looks fantasic and has zero mold marks. Bad side, the fit of the over all kit is poor. I just odered 4 kits and all the resin you can eat up. So I'll let you know how they go together soon.

Here is a kit one of our members put together a while back. Looks great to me.

L-39

There is also a resin 1/32nd scale kit on the market too.

Edited by Midnight Storm
Okay thanks. Ive seen the L-39 from MPM. Pretty typical E. Euro limited run stuff, which is to say, these days, not bad.

Your saying it has gone to Special Hobby? That could mean a wider distribution. Ill check it out.

Special Hobby is just the guys who always have the CMK and MPM lines in stock at shows like NATs...this year in Virginia Beach, they had a pile of the L-39 kits :)

There is one at my local airport for sale. Asking price is $180K

Actually, they are coming down in price. Used to be 500k, but I've seen them anywhere from 100K (ie, come to Romania and get it) to a basic VFR jet with no paint for 180k, to nice IFR jets around 300-ish. The L-159 will still set you back alot..I've seen L-29's for around 60k

Regards,

Pig

The L-39 Albatros is one of my favorites. Here's a photo of one in a more unusual scheme. I shot this back in 2003 at Edwards AFB. The test pilots school was evaluating the L-39 as an addition to their aircraft pool. I don't think they ended up using the Albatros.

Enjoy!

Mike

EAFBL39MikeIdacavage2003.jpg

BTW, Vince Maddux had released this scheme as a decal in 1/72 and 1/48 way back when his company existed.........