Academy F-22 built and parts pics

That's certainly quite the decal sheet. Anyone know if it is printed by Cartograf?

Yep, it's Cartograf printed. Not an F-22 fan, but maybe that sheet will pull me over the line. If bought aftermarket, you'd have to shell out 20 $ for a sheet like that I think.

Definately looks good - just wondering what the price will be like after seeing the prices yesterday at my local shop on a new Hasegawa Thunderbolt. Almost made me clutch!

But will probably be added to the list of projects.

Tricose :rolleyes:

Definately looks good - just wondering what the price will be like after seeing the prices yesterday at my local shop on a new Hasegawa Thunderbolt.

Sprue Brothers has the kit listed on pre-order for $53. In the grand scheme of things, maybe a little pricey, but not off par for most comparably sized 48th jets these days. Unfortunately, the days of $20 new kits are long gone. I've been looking forward to this release for a long time now, and I'll be picking up at least two of them for myself. I agree that the decal sheet is a very ambitious effort, and I'm looking forward to seeing the first completed builds of this model.

Got these from the Academy website. Sorry if it's old info:

2197.jpg

3262.jpg

4232.jpg

5149.jpg

686.jpg

761.jpg

840.jpg

Anyone know if that is a realistic loadout for a Raptor? Being it has never been used in combat (at least as far as we know) I'm just just curious.

Edited by etripke
i hope this will not one of those kits that is to hard to find that it drives the price up more and i only hope hobby lobby will get it i will get one with every 40%off cupon they have

No reason to think it will be. It's a standard Academy kit, so it shouldn't be any harder to find than any other Academy kit.

J

Yes, it will be normal production, but I anticipate hot demand initially for it. So there might be some shortages before supply meets demand.

Reason being is both the Revell 1/72 F-22 and the Trumpeter 1/144 offering sold out for a couple months at the distributors in the US when they both hit these shores.

I LIKE IT!!!

The decal sheet on this thing looks more crammed then the one RoG did for the Typhoon!

Edited by Jay Chladek