Official! HK 1/32 British Phantoms!!

No, no proof to the claim, but as it is I'm well into a large scale conversion build of an FGR.2, a full kit being announced doesn't surprise me. The best way to get a kit issued is to start scratch building or doing a large conversion. Guess I should start scratch building that 1:32 scale CF-100.

No, no proof to the claim, but as it is I'm well into a large scale conversion build of an FGR.2, a full kit being announced doesn't surprise me. The best way to get a kit issued is to start scratch building or doing a large conversion. Guess I should start scratch building that 1:32 scale CF-100.

I told you so in that thread, thanks for doing the conversion. :)

Maybe it will be a myth like the 1/32 Lancaster we were supposed to get.

The Lancaster is coming. The 3D printed master has been shown. Not sure how fast you think these things can happen.

I don't know but I always thought that if you heard/read it from an Officer/Official of whatever company than it was OFFICIAL. Perhaps "official" means something else based on your bias.

Rob

Edited by galileo1

HK models is a Chinese manufacturer. They have a few items but the ones I know of are the 1:32 B-17 and B-25.

Hmmmm ... since I haven't kept up with The Big (1/32) scale, is HK Models these guys from Germany? Or are they "just" the European distributors?

Any relation to the 1/32 entrepreneurs from (?) Denmark/Belgium/? who partnered up with a Chinese firm who then ran off with the plans leaving the original folks high and dry ... or something to that effect?? Or are these the Chinese folks?

Gene K

OOOOHHHH! I would looove a limey phantom!!!

Saaaaaaay What....not me brother...I'm not a fan of that color green. A lime green Phantom...YIKES!!!!....It might fly like a bat outta hades, but forget it in a furball...probably make some fashion mags front cover :woot.gif::whistle:

An accurate, well designed, and affordable large scale RAF/RN Phantom would be a welcomed sight, the 32nd scale Phantom conversion kits found from time to time on Ebay are just too far out of my price range :crying2:

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Any relation to the 1/32 entrepreneurs from (?) Denmark/Belgium/? who partnered up with a Chinese firm who then ran off with the plans leaving the original folks high and dry ... or something to that effect?? Or are these the Chinese folks?

None whatsoever. That relationship was basically over before it started. HK is completely independent, and 100% Hong Kong. HK didn't "run off with the plans", btw.

An accurate, well designed, and affordable large scale RAF/RN Phantom would be a welcomed sight

"Affordable" is in the eye of the beholder. If you're expecting a brand new, accurate, well designed 1/32 Phantom kit for $29.95, you're going to be disappointed. But I think you'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.

the 32nd scale Phantom conversion kits found from time to time on Ebay are just too far out of my price range

Not to mention woefully inaccurate. The data that's been gathered on this project pretty well proves that the entire fuselage aft of the cockpit was structurally different on the Spey powered airplanes - in some areas drastically different.

I had sworn off of 1/32 Phantoms due to lack of display space. I've even been able to resist GT Resin's F-4S conversion. An RN FG.1 might be impossible to resist! :woot.gif:/>

motivation_pc_locutus.jpg