Valom 1/72 F-101 single-seat variants.

Thanks to the kindness of the Valom people, we can now see some of the plastic for their first edition of the 1/72 single-seat Voodoos! Higher quality pictures will be available soon.

They will be available for purchase starting tomorrow, as I am being told.

Future scheduled editions will cover the F/RF-101A and RF-101G/H!

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154232%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154311%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%2020151011_154257%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%20Untitled-2%20ch.jpg

VALOM%20-%20Untitled-1%20ch.jpg

Hope to see the rest of the parts soon, but from what I can see, this is going to be an excellent kit of this much neglected variants, and personally the ones I like best.

As a side note, this will surely trigger the aftermarket guys and we will hopefully see a wealth of goodies which will surely be most useful for those of us that still have some of the old Hase kits partly started (I will sell the unstarted ones!).

Hope you find this useful and congratulations to Valom for tooling these Voodoo variants!

Cheers to all,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom

West Coast Hobbies in Canada will carry them.

Thanks, Tom. I'll use West Coast for my follow on orders if I like the kit (the posted pics look a little rough). I placed my initial order with Modelimex - Petr there said he should have them this week. :D/>

Gene K

Here's pictures of the other parts! :woot.gif:

VALOM%201%2020151015_084702.jpg

VALOM%202%2020151015_084702.jpg

VALOM%203%2020151015_084702.jpg

I don't see the wing fences, so maybe they are present in the sprue where the lower wing part is molded?

In any case, I like very much what I see. Hope you do too.

Cheers to all,

Jorge.

Edited by f4h1phantom
  • 2 weeks later...

I received both Valom F-101 kits today; and have been very impressed with them.

Same. Clean moulding with very few rivets (thankfully). No locating pins, but fit of the few parts is excellent ... however, care required around top wing to fuselage join . Resin is well cast and easy to fit (intakes and burners). Good register on decals, and clear parts are clear.

What's not to like??? Nothing, but would have been a bonus to have a clear-cast photo nose.

Gene K