my dream came true

Hey, ARCers!

As Colin K mentioned in my CC-177 post, my personal highlight from the Abbotsford Airshow.

On Thursday, I was invited to fly with this years CF-18 demo pilot, Yanick "CRANK" Gregoire in CF-18 188913. This was a dream come true. I am not here to "rub it in anyone's face" but this all started with building models.

Building models, led to photographing models, which led to photographing real jets for reference when building models, to getting lucky and getting photo's published in major magazines to starting my own website, to years of "paying my dues" to finally attaining the ultimate experience.

Basically, dreams can become reality! The funny thing about my flight was it took me back to building models. After two years of building the Academy 1/32nd F/A-18 into a CF-18 Hornet and using the highly detailed Cutting Edge resin cockpit set, I realized while sitting in the cockpit, all the parts that I painted on my resin kit. Kind of a full circle.

I have many people to thank for my flight but mostly my family for all their support and encouragment over the years of chasing grey planes from base to base. Thank you! Also, to all the ARCer's that visit my site and let me know that I'm doing a good job and that my work does not go unnoticed, thank you my sprue friends!

Here are some photo's from the flight.

Cheers,

Derek "HAZER" Heyes

www.hazersflightline.com

The flight included speeds to Mach .9, rolls, loops, inverted flight (see photo), 7.5 G's ( the limit for 913) and many low approaches at Abbotsford where my friends were waiting to photograph my flight. Thanks to Chris, Mark, Bill, Lee and John (plus others) for shooting me from the ground! :woot.gif: I will have a full article on my site soon!

hazerinverted.jpg

flight4web.jpg

flight5web.jpg

flight1web.jpg

flight3web.jpg

Edited by HAZER

Just wonderful!!! :thumbsup: It's such a cool thing when someone who can truly appreciate the experience gets a ride in one of these machines. From the pics so far, you really took full advantage of the opportunity; you've taken some awesome photos! The thumbs-up shot is just perfect, too. Kudos to the shooter.

:D

Welcome to The Club Hazer - You know I was almost going to be there for that show as a guest of VS-22 - Once again my Congrats

fuji01.jpg

Edited by Fuji

Pretty sweet ride huh?

I still remember every detail of my flight many years back. The best part was the hard climb after take off, a roll followed by a moment of weight-less-ness and then I looked up (Down toward earth) and all I could see was the Golden Gate bridge, and the sun hitting the waters of San Fransico's coast line.

I thought I had died an' gone to heaven!!!! :D