1/48 scale IAF A-10I

Right now for what ever reason someone with the IAF is looking at this and rubbing his chin.......hmmmmm. Looking at his counterpart..."Ya know...." :thumbsup:

I think you should weather it up myself, doubtful the IAF would let something like that just sit around and not send it straight over the strip or something. Either way man, that this is off the charts. Phenominal build dude, cant wait to see the rest.

Hapy modeling,

Steve

Thanks Richard :thumbsup:

I'm using an Iwata Eclipse w/ Iwata Power Jet lite compressor and Gunze Sangyo paint.

Steven L :D

Hi Steven...

May I know what gunze colors did you use for the israeli camo?

Yes, I think weathering is a must...

You are waesome!!

Thanks everybody B)

I think she is going to be a dirty girl. But not too dirty. As for what gunze colors I used.

308 FS 36375

310 FS 30219

312 FS 34227

313 FS 33531

Until later,

Steven L :cheers:

"The guys from Isra decals saw my F-16C at the nats in LA last summer and they liked it allot. The one comment they made though was that the little streek I put on the fuel tank, and the little bit of black I ppout on the gun muzzle was "Unrealistic" becasue a IAF crew cheif would never let that happen since they Always stay ontop of their jets adn that if it did happen eh would be fired. So a faily clean jet would probably be more real"

Jim

i have seen some pretty nasty IAF f-16's, IN PERSON. they were well maintained, but definately more dirty than our a-10s at Davis monthan. yes, they had alot of black filth, so ignore those guys.

besides the exhaust, and black filth the one thing i noticed that shocked me about the Israeli f-16s was all the chipped paint. there was more chipped paint on those than i ever saw on any other plane, but it was so settle that you could only see it from a few feet away on the wing edges. infact when you walked up to the cockpit on either side, there was no paint at all on the edge of that wing extension which went along the fuslage.

Been busy at work, working 10 hour days is draining but at least it pays well. Here's a small update.

I got the IF jammer glued into place.

IMG_4841.jpg

This pass weekend I did manage to get her up and on her own legs! I all so painted the canopy as well as black out the low light stripes.

IMG_4844.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

Also been casting some parts for my next FAR conversion ..... :monkeydance:

IMG_4847.jpg

Steven L :whistle:

Yeah, Steve, it's the pits when real life gets in the way of our fantasy lives... until pay day rolls around that is. This is getting real close to winding up. It's been a long haul, but well worth it. I would nominate it for the ARC version of the Oscars. It has to rank as one of the best builds of the year in my book at least. :monkeydance:

Also been casting some parts for my next FAR conversion ..... :whistle:

IMG_4847.jpg

Steven L :wave:

Hmm.

is that a lightening pod? Im trying to work out what everything is, and what it could be for!

am i close if i say an SU-33/4?

those really do look like the front stabs, and that gun port is def from on of the SU's! and pretty sure those cans were only on the 33 or 34.

warm/cold?

Richard

US Navy Su-30/33, huh? Damn it! I wish I had time to build stuff, I've been wanting to do one of those for like 3 years!!! Have the SOL set just sitting there saying "build me, pleeeeease!" Guess I can live vicariously through you...at least yours will look good!

Thanks everybody for all the wonderful support. :doh:

is that a lightening pod

No, it's an academy AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod with a Hasegawa mounting rack. It's for a F-16 Im working on for a good friend of mine.

am i close if i say an SU-33/4?

Close

I'm guessing a Jolly Rogers Su-30 ?

You got half of it right. It will be a Jolly Rogers bird. Not sure if it will be a line bird or a CAG bird? :worship:

US Navy Su-30/33

Kind of, sort of... My next FAR conversion is going to be a Su-33UBK.

Su33UBK.jpg

Starting with a Su-27UB and going to add new shoulders/canards along with new GE nozzles. The wing will be folded so will have some fun scrathbuilding that. But as of now it's just in the planning stages.

More to come,

Steven L :worship:

sweet Steve!!!

what about sol's conversion? or did you just want to do it yourself?

...you have to finish the A-10 first!! lol

Richard

I know, I know. I will finish the Sandhawg first. :huh:

I have Sol's Su-30 and Su-35/37 conversion kits. I just molded and recast the part I want to use for my Su-33UBK.

Steven L :D

I will not sale my Sol conversion kits OR any recast parts.