F-4 Phantom Parking Only...

Ikar,

The last picture of the RF-4C was in late 432nd TFW markings. I would say that it was the 14th TRS. Perhaps the color was white. Late 432nd TFW photos with the wing code of UD are very rare. Can you see what the black mark on the tail code was? The 421st had a spider on their fin tips. The 34th TFS with JJ also went from F-4Es to F-4Ds. Also rare are very late black JJ tail code markings.

Best wishes,

Grant

Looks about 1:10th scale to me ...

Gregg

Sounds about right.

I'm not sure what scale it either.The guy with the shaggy hair is RC modeler/RC kit maker Tom Cook(no relation)who recieved a F-4C ride with our unit back in the mid-1980's,the pilot is LTC. Wayne Yarolem,who was our AF advisor and had 5,000 plus hours in the F-4(look for decals of his "5,000 Phantom Hours" F-4C next year).LTC. Yarlolem retired with 6,000 plus hours in the F-4 IIRC in 1991,he still visits the unit from time to time and he always has some great stories to tell!

F-4 RC article

Thanks for the link and information. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Greeks are here too...

Various photos I've shot during "Archangel 2005" and HAF open days the last three years.

Enjoy:

F-4E_01.jpg

I noticed some of the Greek F-4E's and RF-4's have the shoulder ECM fairings ala F-4S/J. Any change in their designations? Also, what's the determining factor as to which aircraft get them?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting press release with photos

Air-to-ground missile launched from drone

Airman 1st Class Rachel Kocin

49th Fighter Wing Public Affairs

1/21/2008 - HOLLOMAN AIR FORCE BASE, N.M. (AFPN) -- For the first time, an air-to-ground missile was launched from a full-scale aerial target drone, or FSAT. The test was performed Jan. 9 by Airmen here with Detachment 1 of the 82nd Aerial Targets Squadron.

The FSAT is an unmanned QF-4 Phantom drone that was operated by remote control from a ground station, said Maj. John Markle, the detachment's operations officer.

"This is the first air-to-ground missile fired off an unmanned full-scale aerial target," said Major Markle. "This test is an important part of the Det. 1 mission because it increases survivability of our Airmen going against (surface-to-air missile) threats. Furthermore, it's the first time the drone has been able to shoot back.

"It makes airpower more lethal," said Major Markle. "This is a new high-speed, anti-radiation missile the Navy designed to defeat SAM threats; overall this mission is going to benefit the Department of Defense."

"With this successful test, we have pioneered a new venue to test forward-firing ordnance without risk to valuable air assets or crew members," said Lt. Col. Joel Rush, Det. 1's commander.

The detachment is currently testing F-35 Lightning components, and has conducted tests for the F-22 Raptor as well as the Patriot and HAWK SAM systems.

(Courtesy of Air Combat Command News Service)

080109-F-0725K-009.jpg

080109-F-0725K-001.jpg

080109-F-0725K-016.jpg

080109-F-0725K-017.jpg

All Photo USAF

RF-4B157348.jpg

Does anyone know what the National Insignias on the wings of this scheme looked like? Are they the same as the ones on the intake trunks or are they standard high visiblity ones? The SuperScale sheet I have only comes with two of the low viz style like this. Thanks in advance for the help.

Great pictures! Love the Japanese shots, very nice, as well as the old school Kedana pictures, cool to see those.

Here's one from Nellis this past weekend in fading light. Awesome perfomance!!!

Roger_Kemp_F-4_Phantom_Nellis.jpg

:banana: New wallpaper!!!! :banana:

This has got to be the best thread ever.....who needs Teenie jets...the Phantom was and always will be King of the Hill.in my book.

BTW anyone got any high-res images of VF-74 F-4S's on their last cruise prior to getting the KittyCat?